Post Your Primaris Marines

Grotsmasha

'These are the sons of the Lion, and it is no small task to impress them. I have fought in almost a hundred engagements since joining my brethren on the Rock, leading Squad Grellius to complete every mission assigned, yet not a ward of praise have i heard. And rightly so - for such duty we were created and trained. Yet against the cultist waves and Daemon tides invading Hive Trall, our squad alone held a crucial hab-complex against the enemy. When Grand Master Belial arrived to retake the area and recover the gene-seed of the dead, he was surprised find we had held the line. I think I even saw him smile. In that moment, I believed our acceptance amongst our brethren was complete.'
- Hellblaster Sergeant Grellius

KA0S9Co.jpg

IFvl58J.jpg

WfyAtCl.jpg

sPrmFnh.jpg

First Hellblaster done. Now I have 9 more to go :lol:

The Hellblaster is well done.

Thanks!

I realized I forgot to highlight his robes and shoulders after taking the pictures though :lol:

The company badge will be painted on after I finish the other 9 Hellblasters. I'll do them all in one go.

@Gederas: I really like your Hellblaster too. Especially the plasma - mind sharing how you did the plasma on him? It's exactly what I want to achieve for my DW Hellblasters.

Thanks! Guess I'll be picking up a pot of Hexwraith Flame this weekend.

Yeah, Hexwraith Flame is probably the BEST technical paint they've made. Sure, it's technically supposed to be for making the Nighthaunts glowing green stuff easier, but it also works for a quick and easy plasma solution if doing green :lol:

I also used it on Rhaxus Molax for his plasma pistol and eye lenses. The result also works for eyes.

Yeah, Hexwraith Flame is probably the BEST technical paint they've made. Sure, it's technically supposed to be for making the Nighthaunts glowing green stuff easier, but it also works for a quick and easy plasma solution if doing green :laugh.:

I also used it on Rhaxus Molax for his plasma pistol and eye lenses. The result also works for eyes.

To be fair ghosts are often described to be ectoPLASMA so it makes sense that the technical paint works for both. :P

If you want blue glow then there's also Nigthhaunt Gloom which is basically the same but in blue.

Yeah, Hexwraith Flame is probably the BEST technical paint they've made. Sure, it's technically supposed to be for making the Nighthaunts glowing green stuff easier, but it also works for a quick and easy plasma solution if doing green :laugh.:

To be fair ghosts are often described to be ectoPLASMA so it makes sense that the technical paint works for both. :tongue.:

If you want blue glow then there's also Nigthhaunt Gloom which is basically the same but in blue.

Is it actually that bright? I've watched a lot of GW's tutorials and Nighthaunt Gloom seems to be a much darker result than Hexwraith Flame, even when they both use a white undercoat.

To be fair ghosts are often described to be ectoPLASMA so it makes sense that the technical paint works for both. :tongue.:

Is it actually that bright? I've watched a lot of GW's tutorials and Nighthaunt Gloom seems to be a much darker result than Hexwraith Flame, even when they both use a white undercoat.

I honestly don't know. It's worth a try I guess.

I think Nighthaunt Gloom would be too subdued. Perhaps using Nihilakh Oxide could work? Perhaps even mixing the two paints together might produce an interesting effect? It could also look horrible, I don't have a spare plasma guy to use it on.

Oooh... plasma green eyes for my Deathwatch... :yes:

Oooh... plasma green eyes for my Deathwatch... :yes:

Yeah. If you want an idea of what the result is, look at my WIP thread, page 16 has the completed Rhaxus and the eyes and plasma were painted in the same way as each other because the result looks excellent.

• 1 month later...

Here's my version of a Lamenter Primaris Marine.

Feels good to be painting again after a break.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img5cd7f8561161c.jpg

Also here is the link to it on CoolMini if anyone feels like dropping me a vote, or not, whatever, it's cool !

http://www.coolminiornot.com/437771

Thanks for looking, all comments and criticism gratefully received.

John.