Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post Your Primaris Marines

Primaris Showcase

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

Big_D

Big_D

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Hi Aramis K

Thanks for the kind feedback

Unfortunately painted & sold them last year, these are my only pictures.

Blade simple.  Two edges on blade - each side went from dark to lite for contrast - used a dark blue + pale blue + white/black for highlights or deep shade (dark areas made black paint into a wash really.  Used a wet pallet to develop my shades going from dark to light.  Oh used blue as thought it would go well with space wolves.  U can apply this to any colour variant u wish.

I then applied watwathcher green - not to much. Then thinned tamiya X-25 green clear coat again thinned (looking back you may as well skip waywatcher tbh LOL.  Then finally very light dry brush of  Vallejo silver model air one of the best on market & I have many many paints LOL (sorry number & name has been rubbed off on my one so cannot give more details on it).  I do this "silver light dry brush on models", watched a utube vid they did it on bases, just really makes things pop.  But don't go overboard (use it on areas u thing needed to "pop" more or catches light etc), just gives highlights a boost

Another simple way to do a blade i use: use that Vallejo metallic air silver to paint blade - apply green wash (citadel or Tamiya) - black wash or dark green at hilt moving up slightly getting weaker - then dry brush using that Vallejo silver - done

hope above helps...Good luck

Big_D

Edited by Big_D, 05 November 2018 - 08:42 AM.

• Aramis K likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Primaris, Showcase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users