8th edition keywords

Corbulo

So there's no list of keywords and their definitions anywhere?

It's just, in the data sheet there are the keywords for that unit, and somewhere in the rest of the rules, or on some other datasheet, somewhere, that keyword is defined or used as a hook of some sort? 

Sorry if that's a newb sort of question, but I'm just now getting into 8th, and haven't had time to do an exhaustive read of the rules and indices yet.

Basically if you have a keyword on that datasheet then it doesn't really do anything other than assign it to that group of keywords. Other units may have an ability that specifically affects that keyword.

Using the example the Emperor's Champion's Black sword has an ability that only affects monsters and characters. Another one is that Helbrecht gives re-rolls to all nearby Black Templars.

It's just a way to define what a unit is but doesn't actually grant rules in and of itself.

does that make more sense?

Yep, sure does, thank you.

The, "Fly" keyword for example, though, I've seen references like this on a Spikeybits article;

If the datasheet for a model contains the Fly keyword, it can move across terrain and units as if they were not there. Models with the Fly keyword have a Move characteristic of consisting of two values: minimum and max speed: It must move its minimum and cannot go beyond its maximum. If it is unable to move its minimum or is forced off the battlefield because of its minimum speed, it is destroyed and removed from the battlefield – the model has either stalled and crashed or forced to abandon the field

I take it that's just defined somewhere in the movement rules? 

Obviously, I need to spend sometime reading this weekend, just looking to clear up some confusion before I have the opportunity to.

Thanks again.

Yep, sure does, thank you.

The, "Fly" keyword for example, though, I've seen references like this on a Spikeybits article;

If the datasheet for a model contains the Fly keyword, it can move across terrain and units as if they were not there. Models with the Fly keyword have a Move characteristic of consisting of two values: minimum and max speed: It must move its minimum and cannot go beyond its maximum. If it is unable to move its minimum or is forced off the battlefield because of its minimum speed, it is destroyed and removed from the battlefield – the model has either stalled and crashed or forced to abandon the field

I take it that's just defined somewhere in the movement rules?

Yeup.  Page 3 of the Primer.