Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Night Lords 42nd Heavy Armor Company

Night Lords True Scale warhammer 40k warhammer 30k Heresy Armor Tanks

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

31ADQc2.png

“Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets.”

"Ultima ratio regum. (The final argument of kings)"

Welcome to the armor depot of the 42nd Armor Company of the 8th Legiones astartes. You read that right! I'm doing something out of the ordinary.This is the journey of a unique company found within the Night Lords Legion. This is the documentation of a 30k/40k force centered around armor. Big guns, big armor.

This thread was started a while back, so going forward I'm going to allow folks to jump around to key points. Finished conversions, finished paintjobs, lightbox photos, the like. I won't be removing the WIP's, so you can see the creative processes, but this index should allow you to navigate easily. 

NAVIGATION INDEX:

+++HIGHCOMMAND+++

INCOMPLETE DATA

+++PERSONNEL+++

INCOMPLETE DATA

+++HEAVY ARMOR+++

Land Raider Phobos Pattern; "Monument of Sin"

+++MEDIUM ARMOR+++

Deimos Pattern Predator; Executioner pattern; "Ignave Mortem"

Deimos Pattern Predator; Annihilator pattern; "Withered Son"

Deimos Pattern Predator; Destructor pattern; "Indiscriminate Malice"

+++FIRE SUPPORT+++

Legion Medusa; "Sorrow's Inheritance"

+++ANCIENTS+++

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought; "Junalos"

Leviathan Pattern Dreadnought; "Malshe'em"

9roKOv7.jpg

agNZwK5.jpgwFgCrf4.jpg

I have a shot of a dreadnought I was making for this company too. I'm not sure if I want to grab Deredo's or Leviathans for his ancient brothers. 

fvjA3qK.jpg

-edit- not sure how to scale images... Sorry if these are too big! 

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard, 03 August 2018 - 02:54 AM.

• Corswain, Astral_Jackal, Vykes and 1 other like this

J25oay8.jpg

Terimus

Terimus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Malice

Looking great so far my friend! I like the look you've got going on the armor, and the posing is excellent! Keep it up my Nostraman friend! Looking forward to seeing more!

Edited by Terimus, 14 June 2017 - 04:29 AM.

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,690 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Nice paint work with the blood splatters, really digging the crest of spikes of the fella in the second picture.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Hello one and all. It's been a while, and the Warp hasn't been kind to me. It has been rather kind to the 42nd company. Without further ado... 

Here are some WIP shots.

wwSV7dQ.jpg?1pga4aJZ.jpg

And some marines of the 42nd.

kLgFKWQ.jpg?1

• The Nephilim, Scribe, ElDuderino and 1 other like this

J25oay8.jpg

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 710 posts
  • Faction: Twilight Wardens

Really like the pose of the Contemptor! thumbsup.gif

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

Part of the War of Light AU-project: XVIIIth Legion Dreadspears

IA: Twilight Wardens

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts
  • Faction: Children of The Violet Heart

So... are you saying that Heavy Armour is the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything?

"I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither. Nor woman neither."

Posted Image

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,766 posts
  • Faction: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions
For me, the Sicaran is a no brainer in the Night Lords armoury. Packs a punch and is a “fast” tank so it’s the best of both worlds.

Loving your stuff so far, looking forward to a Night Lords armour company. Should be cool.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

For me, the Sicaran is a no brainer in the Night Lords armoury. Packs a punch and is a “fast” tank so it’s the best of both worlds.

Loving your stuff so far, looking forward to a Night Lords armour company. Should be cool.

I've got three deimos predators waiting to be assembled. Once I finish those, the Land Raider, we'll see about a Sicaran. msn-wink.gif

Have another few tacticals that I missed uploading earlier

EDv6BHX.jpg

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard, 30 November 2017 - 09:48 PM.

J25oay8.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,418 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Damn, your models look intimidating. Is the Land Raider draped in human skin, or did it GROW skin due to the mutating influence of the Daemon possessing it?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Damn, your models look intimidating. Is the Land Raider draped in human skin, or did it GROW skin due to the mutating influence of the Daemon possessing it?

Uh... yes!

It's going to be draped in skin!

J25oay8.jpg

Telencephalon

Telencephalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I love the coherency of your unit's colour scheme. And they radiate a brutality befitting one of the worst traitor legions! How the hell could the emperor not see that coming??

Well done :)

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Some armor has rolled off of the Forges, ready to deploy for the 42nd...

OgkN7LE.jpg
pmw8qfy.jpg

This is but one of three deimos predators I've got lined up. they're magnetized to be used with all possible options. I also wanted some opinions. Blue or black bolter casings?

IrqLndQ.jpg

And some sneaky previews of the Sargeant/Champion...

Spoiler

• The Nephilim likes this

J25oay8.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,418 posts
Why are chains wrapped around the Predator's twin-lascannon? Do you plan to suspend severed heads from the muzzles, to better intimidate the enemy? Maybe use the lascannon barrels as a display rack for a mutilated corpse?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Why are chains wrapped around the Predator's twin-lascannon? Do you plan to suspend severed heads from the muzzles, to better intimidate the enemy? Maybe use the lascannon barrels as a display rack for a mutilated corpse?

Chains because... why not? But I guess I could dangle a head from the chain at the end there! 

J25oay8.jpg

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Brief updates!

What should I do for the 'teeth' here? 

GYopYqc.jpg

AKTj1k9.jpg

• Bjorn Firewalker and Vykes like this

J25oay8.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,418 posts
Impressive. As for teeth, maybe paint them silver, to unnerve people and make the Night Lord more intimidating?

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,690 posts
The patchwork skin cloak's looking good.

foamy248

foamy248

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders Legion
Bone white? Looking good :)

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Every motorpool needs an engineer, and that's where this guy steps in. An oddity, I'm sure. You have no idea how hard it was to find references for "Night Lord techmarine"! They simply don't seem to exist! Which is odd, because someone has to warn the bloody terror squads that they're stapling trophies too close to vital components, or not using "allocated trophy racks as appropriated", right?

1saGmg7.jpg?3

hwi8ldp.jpg?1

He's still a WIP, but you'll see just what he's in charge of upkeeping sooner than him, I'd wager. 

J25oay8.jpg

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,690 posts
Liking that chest icon.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,418 posts
Your Techmarine looks promising. Is he from the pre-Heresy Legion? (I expect the Dark Mechanicum's disciples to wear something other than the red of Mars, as they no longer follow Mars' orthodox teachings.)

Cilu

Cilu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves Blackmanes

Those are looking really nice!

When I was looking for parts for my Wolves I found really good bits producer who also makes a lot for Nightlords

https://www.facebook.com/KFStd/

Can highly recommend their stuff it's really really good quality.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts
  • Faction: Children of The Violet Heart
I approve of extraneous chains. The answer to "should I add a chain to this" should rarely be no.
"I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither. Nor woman neither."

Posted Image

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

+Heavy rumbling+

++VIII Legion, 42nd armored company hears and acknowledges you. Heavy fire support is en-route. ++

8vGrAgF.jpg?1

ZpVTEA7.jpg?1

8NamWli.jpg?1

Hello everyone! I didn't mean to leave you all in the dark so long. I finished the bloody landraider! Those tracks were... censored.gif Actually, I finished a lot of things. I just haven't took pictures and posted them here. So without further adue... 

Update on the predator from prior.

KHv3kX6.jpg?1

Still a work in progress, but good enough that i've played a few matches of 40k with it. Sponsons are magnetized, turret is magnetized. 

1EoMOvn.jpg?1

Going to have to split my post up for further additions, but let's see what else I've cooked up... 

J25oay8.jpg

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Another ancient has been added to the 42nd.

askh4SH.jpg?1

TLnABcs.jpg?1AnlH0of.jpg?1

He really needs a name! Suggestions are open!

A minor update to the techmarine from prior...

MGA7LYo.jpg?1

...and other command officers of the 42nd. From left to right, a praetor/captain. Techmarine forgefather. (Painfather?) Apothecary (turned sorcerer in 40k, he's entirely magnetized) with a moritat/chaos lord on the furthest right. His left hand and coil come away to be replaced with a chainglaive or whatever I so choose. Can't wait to show you when he's finished. 

nLLNQ5Z.jpg?1

Some marines from second claw. 

I'll leave you all with this WIP. More armor!

uzwQSYG.jpg?1

I have some destroyers in the works (raptors for 40k), and once all of this is finished, you'll get to see it first. I'm already wishlisting a leviathan and maybe some sicarans. ;)

• The Nephilim, Bjorn Firewalker, Brother Heinrich and 1 other like this

J25oay8.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, True Scale, warhammer 40k, warhammer 30k, Heresy, Armor, Tanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users