So I went and bought like 10 pounds of MDF terrain during quarantine in May or so. I've been SLOWLY plugging away at it, it's mostly for zone-mortalis. I finished another few recently, and decided to have an impromptu photograph session, complete with desaturation...

“As ship after ship from the defense fleet died, reports filtered through of hulking red eyed giants, rampaging through the lower decks...

The Imperial emissaries had warned of knights, gene-lord gods of war... not monsters.”

zwJes1L.jpg?1
cVgoKXf.jpg?1blo5r8m.jpg?1AdJKarg.jpg?1
ngjKi4Q.jpg?1blbHQqV.jpg?1
Let me know what you think of these shots!

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

• 4 months later...

Terminators. Heavy infantry. A supporting element of the Night Lords 42nd armored, these were men who were used to being considered secondary. Used to flush out entrenched enemies that the 42nds' treads could not reach, or to ensure the safety of the tanks themselves. This afforded an irregular dealing of glory if glory were a currency. At times they would reap it in, yet quite as easily be deprived. When such things had mattered to the 42nd, and by extension, the Eighth Legion. As the Crusade ground on and the Imperiums' armies rediscovered new and old technologies, new divisions became formulated amongst the Emperors' Legions.

Destroyer companies, utilizing radiation and chemical weaponry that most mortal contingents would shy from - emerged. Though even the constitution of the astartes is not full proof against such toxins, super-human though it might be. This expectancy brought in only the most calloused, arrogant, or apathetic minds, married and at ease with their accelerated mortis chime.

Fourth Claw, composed initially of brothers armed in the traditional Cataphractii pattern plate volunteered to don the experimental plate and weaponry. Wearing prototype plate that was beginning to be known as “Indomitus” pattern, they fell into the role of Heavy-destroyers, a flaming fist to crack a nut. Damaging itself in the line of duty, though succeeding terminally. The dour warriors who were and would become Fourth Claw stained both their minds and armor black, and though it isn't clear if it was self-dubbed or not, they became the Ebon Souls.

Whew fraters, long time no see. I've been taking a long break from my 8th to work on other projects, but I think i'll always feel the pull of everyones' favorite murderers... Here is my finished Ruinmaster for Mournivals’ fan supplement, the Heavy Destroyers. He’s got four more brothers being worked on. He’s predominantly the new GW’ plastics, with elements added on. The rest of his squad will be armed with dual volkite chargers, pew pew.

DOC1BNH.jpg?1
UBlIj42.jpg?1
mw45qkp.jpg?1
JstXOwv.jpg?1

This is looking great, and I’m excited to see more Heavy Destroyers. But “pew pew” over “Choom”? Your local MDRC chaplain will be disappointed.

Really loving the heavy chainsword support squad too - have you got more Mournival units planned (or hidden up your sleeve)?

This is looking great, and I’m excited to see more Heavy Destroyers. But “pew pew” over “Choom”? Your local MDRC chaplain will be disappointed.

Really loving the heavy chainsword support squad too - have you got more Mournival units planned (or hidden up your sleeve)?

Cheers Bameleard. You're right, it's choom. I apologize for my errors, and will be sure to correct it. You know, I wasn't - but that Alpha Legion Exodus marine is something spicy. I might make something that'll double as Alpha Legion and a Vigilator. We'll see. I do like the idea of Assault Support Squads, base line heavy chainswords? Yes please!

Good job on the Terminator.

Thank you!

'Spiteful Harpy' of 1st Squadron "Butcher Birds", 42nd Armored Co, 8th Legion
Everyone's favorite Sicaran variant. Let me take battle-sicarans in squadrons already, Emperor be damned. I really wish they'd allow squadrons of these, at least in the armored breakthrough Rite of War, maybe. 

8FjKUvu.jpg?1

Mhdf32C.jpg
kCAVp2z.jpg

7IFb2pU.jpg2RLWEOs.png?1

Looking brilliant. I had an inspiration to do a little piece of fluff focused around a super-heavy Night Lords unit like you might do:

"There are many in our Legion who scoff at us and question our relevance, pointing out that we are an anathema to the 8th's ways of war.

I disagree. One of our primary weapons is fear bordering on outright terror, yes? Well, then, I invite you to imagine what the foe feels when their strongest weapon - one that their entire battleplan is centered on - is reduced to slag and char infront of their eyes. I can assure you that they know terror then."

Excellent work HNL, I usually don't like NL forces but this one has just the right amount of brutality. Often it is over exaggerated.

Yeah, slathered in blood isn't the way to go. Less is more, with these.

Your tanks and units look so used it's wonderful. Give them a nice realism.

Thank you! I try to shoot for a "This is a real tank, that wages war in a real combat zone. It will get wear and tear, from being loaded and unloaded. It will get wear and tear from movement. It will get wear and tear from the elements, and lastly - it will wear down from battle damage."

Looking brilliant. I had an inspiration to do a little piece of fluff focused around a super-heavy Night Lords unit like you might do:

"There are many in our Legion who scoff at us and question our relevance, pointing out that we are an anathema to the 8th's ways of war.

I disagree. One of our primary weapons is fear bordering on outright terror, yes? Well, then, I invite you to imagine what the foe feels when their strongest weapon - one that their entire battleplan is centered on - is reduced to slag and char infront of their eyes. I can assure you that they know terror then."

That was... wow! Incredible, very well said. Mind if I use it in a post at some point in the future?

2IC.gif

The Ebon Souls are finished! The amount of choom I own is now... doubled? Tripled? Yeah! Excited to field these lads as Heavy Destroyers, but if not - i'll probably do Cataphractii armed base-vanilla squad. 

tmwQz7r.jpg?1

Look at those handsome faces.
PawD0tJ.png
hcz1C2y.jpg

The turret is finished, sans commander not glued in... sneak peak! I have a lot of fun with this, and I'm really liking the decals on the turret housing there, I might have to go back to my other Sicaran to make it "02" and repeat it going forward. I also discovered a new recipe for how to do cannons, and I have to say, I love it. Give it this very strong "realism" vibe, heavy combat. 

Yqb3rQT.jpg?1

Whoa, what a thread you have concoted! And what a fantastic army!
Please don't stop!
You're vehicles are things of love (if perverted by the VIII-th standards :tongue.: )

Thank you! I'm not going to stop until I can line a full 6' X 4' table edge in only vehicles! ;)

LOVE IT!

Cheers!

Some of you may remember this portion of the Force Orbat I had made. 

U0x9GuZ.png?1

Look specifically to the furthest right. Brother-Captain Jiran. So, i've been concocting something for a bit. I had a sudden urge to work on this today, and only then realized it was World Goth Day (May 22nd) today, and suddenly everything made sense. He was calling to me. Without further ado, here we are.

hVPd1Qm.jpg?1

wZd5mVy.jpg
2ABdwqy.jpg

YYEwNyZ.jpg

LeLet me know your thoughts on him!