The Ebon Souls are finished!

Great job on the Terminators!

So I finally decided I should probably work on a Master of Armor

The handlebars are obstructing the turret's ability to traverse, and the guns' ability to depress and shoot enemies attacking the tank's flanks. I presume the one who ordered the handlebars fitted so infantrymen may ride outside the tank, was NOT the tank commander. Was this vehicle a prize seized from another Legion, e.g., from the World Eaters?

Brother-Captain Jiran.

He looks most promising. Who's the poor bastard whose dismembered body is held in Kiran's hand? An Ultramarine?

Treads squealed momentarily before they found purchase and growled hungrily on the rockrete pavement. The Sicaran battle-tanks sped into the street square, where several Night Lords were pinned behind fallen pillars and wrecked auto-cabs. A mechanicum maniple stood over 100 yards away, letting loose occasional fire. Several mid-night plated warriors and their remains scattered the plaza square. As soon as the tanks rode into view, the automata reacted with mechanical predictability and opened fire on the arriving armor.

The autocannons on the tanks roared in retaliation with jack-hammer rhythm, with searing flashes from lascannon sponsons spearing into the battle-automata a fraction of a second later. Silence reigned briefly, punctuated by the krumping of distant artillery and explosions, and the higher pitched staccato of distant bolter fire. The survivors of the plaza were taking the moment to reload and rearm and were loosely congregating back into formation. Their sargeant strode to the lead tank in the column. The hatch on the lead tank popped with a pressurizing hiss and a helmeted warrior rose out.

“Brother-Captain! Appreciate the support from the 42nd. Our long-range vox is down, and short-range frequencies appear to be jammed. We’re deaf and and blind.”

The tank-Captain paused a moment before nodding gesturing with his arm at the street at the opposite end of the plaza.

“New orders from Legion Command. We have several more Claws pinned down a junction over. Sargeant!”

“Sir!”

“Rally what remains of your men here, and ride with us. Orbital sentry turrets are coming down, two minutes. You have sixty seconds, gather arms and ammunition.”

mqGP6JE.jpg
CxiXgWe.jpg
The hatch Commander

XxRMx8m.jpg

Decorations, sand bags, ammunition crates

CLqvTKd.jpg

While I don't picture this guy as the Sargeant in the story, I still think it's a cool battle-Brother.

pYtVIid.jpg
3qlBLM3.jpg

Trophies from both Istvaan, as well as Thramas. 

LQSzcSn.jpg?1

The 42nd Armored's personal emblem, the Nostraman burrowing monoceros. 

Will he have black eyeliner?

Seriously though, amazing work my friend

Totally! Liquid eye liner, the best, Sephora brand. :teehee: :biggrin.: 

The Ebon Souls are finished!

Great job on the Terminators!

So I finally decided I should probably work on a Master of Armor

The handlebars are obstructing the turret's ability to traverse, and the guns' ability to depress and shoot enemies attacking the tank's flanks. I presume the one who ordered the handlebars fitted so infantrymen may ride outside the tank, was NOT the tank commander. Was this vehicle a prize seized from another Legion, e.g., from the World Eaters?

Brother-Captain Jiran.

He looks most promising. Who's the poor bastard whose dismembered body is held in Kiran's hand? An Ultramarine?

Thank you! I noticed the traversal issue after I had built it, but at this point - I feel rule of cool triupmhs. Yes, odd coming from someone who takes a lot of faith and need for the setting to be grounded and connected with quasi-realism and belief... but yes. No, it's part of the 42nd and always was. 

The marine from the contemptor will be a Dark Angel, as i'm now focusing a lot of my army to be vaguely somewhere post Istvaan/Thramas/During Thramas. 

Nitpicks, with my emphases:

Their sargeant strode to the lead tank in the column.

“New orders from Legion Command. We have several more Claws pinned down a junction over. Sargeant!”

The military rank is spelled "sergeant", with two "e"s.

So I recently did the big jump on my instagram to open up as an actual studio and commission service. I'm also, hopefully, in the process of moving. As such, i'm moving at a snails pace on personal projects, though I am plinking slowly away on the Captain-Contemptor. 

m6HxMPL.jpg?1

tX83PGm.jpg?1

DEuE9qP.jpg?1

Some close up detail work!

Weathering has jumped up a notch on the Contemptor, he's coming on well.

Cool to see you taking the jump into commissions, good luck! Will you be posting your commission projects on here too?

I got Boys Are Back In Town playing in my head looking at the finished tank with the swinging dudes. :biggrin.:  Excellent work. I think you have the look of the Night Lords down to a T.
Looking forward to see how the Contemptor turns out.

Weathering has jumped up a notch on the Contemptor, he's coming on well.

Cool to see you taking the jump into commissions, good luck! Will you be posting your commission projects on here too?

Thank you! It's amazing how much a super watered down verdigris effect does! Unlikely, though that may change. I was hoping to keep the thread self-contained, mostly. I might change my mind, as to not clutter the forums with my projects. I've got some Thousand Sons and Dark Angels I want to show off, all 30k, and some Titanicus.

I got Boys Are Back In Town playing in my head looking at the finished tank with the swinging dudes. :biggrin.:  Excellent work. I think you have the look of the Night Lords down to a T.

Looking forward to see how the Contemptor turns out.

Thanks Markus! I appreciate your words so much! He's almost finished, i'm working on finalizing the base. Pictures to come tomorrow or the day after, maybe.

Where'd you get the lion skull on the Contemptor's pauldron?

I had it commissioned, along with the other pauldron as well. I had it done well over 10 months back, sometime August. The idea for this contemptor has been cooking around for ages, but I was daunted by how to arm it, and the original idea was for lightning claws, scaled up to Contemptor size. I might still attempt that, a ways away. 

“Death gave me peace from the Haunters’ madness. No longer did I have to serve with dogs and filth that called the sewers home, who spent their existence masquerading as soldiers in butchers’ aprons. Decades of service! Honors and glory, for what it was worth - we were lauded as a necessary tool, to help carve out and build this Imperium. The worker doesn’t appreciate the grand vision when the stone block falls from its pulley, shattering his leg and thus creating a stronger lift there-after. We are analogous to the pain and suffering in that moment, we are the mortar to keep and build the Imperium strong, stable, un-ending.

Loyalty to that vision. A beautiful death, for a cause. And yet still, they bound me to this tomb. We fight for Lupercal? He is Warmaster? So be it. I no longer feel anything, it is cold. This existence, my existence... I will carry out in spite and wrath. If only to see the Ghoul-King perish. Point me to my foes, so that I may kill once more.”

+First recorded words of Brother-Captain Jiran upon his awakening within a Dreadnought Sarcophagus.+

So... he's done! Let me know what you all think. This was a long time in the works, between the designing of the arms in my sketchings at work at the time, to finding someone to sculpt these so that I could print them, it was a headache trying to scale these correctly for a while. Please let me know what you think of this, it's probably my favorite work so far. I would have done a few things differently, and who knows, I might make another take on it in later on.

WV6lmzc.jpg

z12P4bD.jpg
GeAz3DW.jpg
TjlAEdS.jpg?1
xCLlgcT.jpg

qHMUPW2.jpg

I am seriously impressed every time you post a new completed model. Keep up the amazing work

Thank you very much for the kind words!

The tank and contemptor look awesome! Echoing others, excellent work on the weathering. 

Cheers! I love weathering, and it feels right proper for the Age of Darkness, hell - most of the Warhammer settings feel better when done this way, at least - in my personal and very subjective opinion. 

Great stuff, I love this thread!

Thank you  very much! :) Stay tuned for some cool projects planned...

WOW that’s amazing so far my favorite model

Appreciate the words of favor!

Excellent work on the Dreadnought and his biography. I wonder about his relationship with his Primarch, though; the quote "Death gave me peace from the Haunters’ madness," suggests he HATES the Night Haunter.

There was quite a few Legionaries in the 8th who hated their Primarch, equally as he grew to hate them - as he saw in them the very essence of what he hated - criminals and vile individuals. Same thing with the 12th, World Eaters, though it was a different flavor of hate, I think.

Awesome work. All the little details really bring it together. Really like the writing/scrollwork.

Cheers! I've become obsessed with these tiny decals of script, I like to imagine they describe past campaigns and honorifics.

• 7 months later...

What ho, I live. Yes. I was donated a Dynat body and thought

"Wouldn't it be a shame to shave all those scales off...", so I proceeded to do just that.

Then I slapped on a printed jump pack and was going to call it that. However, I saw I had printed these talon legs from eons ago, and thought;

"Wouldn't he look like a right proper Raptor from 3rd ed if I gave him those?", so I proceeded to do just that.

Then I pondered for eight nights on how to arm him, and saw that I hadn't used the plastic 'pointy' lightning claw.  So then I thought;

"All claws should be paired!", and I proceeded to do just that...

UnkLOD8.jpg