• 2 weeks later...

Their heavy tread was rendered silent by the cacophony of the embarkation deck. With several hundred astartes preparing for war, it was an assault on the hearing. Namtar stalked forward towards the squads’ awaiting steed, ubiquitous anvilus dreadclaw. It would be their ride in, and ideally out, of battle. Namtar once of Squad Namtar and second Claw, had “inherited” the mantle of leading the Colthalia Aarushay, which roughly translated from Nostroman to Gothic as “Life drinkers of Mothers”.

Back when the ship had Remembrancers, those of Terra would have scoffed at such theatrics. However, those not of the sunless world didn’t realize the apt poetry that went into such a name. The squads’ specialization birthed such a name, as they targeted the thickest and toughest of targets. As tradition dictated, they were reserves, let slip the leash only when and where resistance was noted to be particularly hardy. Large targets, such as command tanks, fortified headquarter bunkers, defended trench positions. These would be targets of opportunity for the Colthalia Aarushay. Tactics meant to kill off the officers and leading elements of opposition, on Nostramo, this had equated to targeting the heads of a family. The name harkened back to the gang striven life styles of near-all Nostraman citizens, powerful families being lead by Matriarchs and Patriarchs.

Namtarlooked over the other four veterans married to the squad.
Aggitos held bolt-gun readied across chest, ever ready. Jyun in contrast, gun mag-locked to his thigh, had a thumb hooked into some of his webbing and held his chainsword idly. Erjan stood behind Aggitos and Jyun, though he was staring at the other end of the hangar, where several Brother-ancients were being coerced to enter their own respective pods by the Legion’s techmarines

Namtar’s eyes settled on the last member of Colthalia, Hierach. Hierach remained furthest behind his claw-brothers, and his attention was focused entirely on Namtar. His arms were crossed across his breastplate, and his skull trophies rattled on their chains. Namtar and Hierach both wore their helms, though their glares did nothing to hide their mutual disain. Namtar understood Hierarchs dilemma. He believed he should lead Colthalia, not have the Claw’s leadership be passed to someone who had been sidelined there after his own Claw had been decimated. Namtar had lost a squad, and second Claw had lost a sargeant. It was the right way of things, to merge the two. He did hold seniority and rank over Hierarch, it was indeed the right way of things in a Legion. Though it was not the eighth Legion way.

So now there was tension. Namtar continued to hold Hierarch’s gaze and didn’t flinch, because to show weakness now would offer
Hierach the chance he so desperately sought to challenge him. Namtar iinclined his head ever so slowly backwards
, indicating their pod.

Cothalia Aarushay, our services are required. Mount up”, he voxed over the squad’s closed comms.

“Aye brother Sargeant” - chorused three times, with a fourth one ever so slightly delayed behind the others.

Hierarch unfolded his arms and strode unhurriedly past his sargeant, towards the step-ramp that lead up into the belly of the Anvilus pod. Namtar stole one last glance over the deck of the ship before entering himself.

And without further ado - here they are. These fellas have actually been finished for a while - just haven't had a chance to take photos. 
EtEt8kO.jpg?1
jfpJoPi.jpg?1

Perhaps my favorite pairing. Can you guess who is who based off the story?
9Wn1imX.jpg?1

Double post time! You all might remember Ancient Junalos was being retrofitted with a new base... well that was finished as well!

728m4lC.jpg?1
Ng1o9iq.jpg?1
8ZsPWU6.jpg?1

No longer shall he appear to be toppling over! And speaking of dreadnoughts...

Bs83Tis.jpg?1

What could this be for!? Find out next time on Drago-
F2ereo1.jpg?1

Just kidding, here you go. 

HNL,

You have such a great looking and thematic force! I really enjoy being able to see each of your additions to this army even though I am not a huge Night Lord fan I feel yours truly do justice to the army as a whole well done!!! Keep up the great work

Kidman

Excellent work on the Night Haunter's sons, including the Contemptor. I hope to see the Leviathan completed soon.

Thanks as always Bjorn. The Leviathan will be the test bed for some new techniques, so we shall see how it turns out. Chipping, pigments, the whole nine yards.

HNL,

You have such a great looking and thematic force! I really enjoy being able to see each of your additions to this army even though I am not a huge Night Lord fan I feel yours truly do justice to the army as a whole well done!!! Keep up the great work

Kidman

Thank you for such high praise Kidman.

I like the additions you've made to the Leviathan, the base and pose are good too.

Rock on man, thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Solid battle damage on the basing victim.

Thanks Pears!

A dead Imperial Fist, buried under a collapsed column...

That Leviathan has an AWESOME base. A pity the venerable Night Lord is unlikely to appreciate the effort you put into it.

Thank you man, hopefully, I can use this project to further my abilities. I'm going to try lots of new techniques. Masking, pigments, another attempt at zenithal...

It's on the backburner for now - I'm trying to finish 10 more chaos knights for Sigmar - and batch painting horses is absolutely a BEASTLY burden. I hate it. Still, it's a delayed gratification because I know I'll have fun with the levi - speaking of which, despite what I just said I couldn't resist putting a liiiittle bit of paint on the base.

LJnL8ff.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Here he is! No literary piece this time, though I am itching to write sometime soon. He needs a name, and I would hear your suggestions. 

9cACWZW.jpg?1

4399FCn.jpg?1

You can see the many evolutions of my painting ability when compared to his cousin, my first Leviathan, featured earlier in this log. While he isn't mistake-free, I am satisfied with the new things I learned while painting him. Salt chipping, liquid masking, and pigment powders. 

Ul1ncGi.jpg?1

I also attempted some free-hand on a family-crest. It was a spot of color, and to cover up that symbol on the chest. I'm not sure what it was, but it felt too repeated, once upon his knee and again on his chest. If someone could enlighten me, I'd be appreciative. 

oH5P7GV.jpg?1

Last, but not least - a bonus picture of my dreadnought collection throughout the last... year or so. The first was finished sometime in 2017, being on the far right. 

{
r7LjFIa.jpg?1}

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Excellent work on the Night Lords Leviathan Dreadnought. As for a name, how about "Yinko Cranston, the Night Haunter's Shadow", after The Shadow? (The honorific "Night Haunter's Shadow" is meant to ID him as one of the Primarch's Honor Guards.) Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

The collection of dreads is coming on well, they're all dynamic and complement one another well.

The rose motif on the shield is well done and the green stands out nicely as a spot colour. Good work on the fade along the toppled column too.

Excellent work on the Night Lords Leviathan Dreadnought. As for a name, how about "Yinko Cranston, the Night Haunter's Shadow", after The Shadow? (The honorific "Night Haunter's Shadow" is meant to ID him as one of the Primarch's Honor Guards.)

Not feeling the name, but the thought of a dreadnought playing body-guard is amusing. 

The collection of dreads is coming on well, they're all dynamic and complement one another well.

The rose motif on the shield is well done and the green stands out nicely as a spot colour. Good work on the fade along the toppled column too.

Thank you so much pearson! I wasn't 100% on the freehand, but thank you. 

We're doing some 30k doubles at the localshop tomorrow (or that's the plan anyway) and I realized I didn't have a praetor in terminator. Thus, this happened. 

ItscRe4.jpg?1

E6HwTlE.jpg?1

I chopped up a hand-me-down BaC praetor, and made this guy! CHOOM and paragon blade. I'm not quite feeling the sword arm itself, but I'd hear everyone's thoughts. 

Man that Praetor looks ace, the repositioning (and replacement) of the head changes the stance considerably; the green stuff texture breaks up the armour plates nicely and the various trophies really cement him as a member of the Night Lords. Connecting a Terminator power cable to the haft of the knight's blade was a smart way to integrate it into the setting.

Man that Praetor looks ace, the repositioning (and replacement) of the head changes the stance considerably; the green stuff texture breaks up the armour plates nicely and the various trophies really cement him as a member of the Night Lords. Connecting a Terminator power cable to the haft of the knight's blade was a smart way to integrate it into the setting.

I have bad news about the cabling... See, the stance of the arm felt off. His arm looked a little too 'static' for me, so I went and changed it up again. 

5DXT3Lh.jpg?1

PxmfxgT.jpg?1

qSFeEr3.jpg?1

He's basically finished up! I may have  gone overboard with the Nostraman script on his greave there, but I really thought it was begging for something to be eyecatchy there. Oh I also attempted marble, I'm not 100% happy with it, but not too dissatisfied either. 

• 3 months later...

Hello one and all, it's been a minute! Call to arms for you lads and lasses. I need help naming some of my characters! I'm opening it up to the community, and the suggestions I like, will be manifested into resin and paint! Here's a work in progress of what i've got so far.

Praetor (terminator); Gerzsass the Merciless

Centurion (chaplain conversion): Klar-Tavik

Moritat: Fau’lus, fleshbane

Armistos:

Esoterist:

Primus Medicae:

Herald/warmonger: Clawmaster Deseterius

Apothecary 1:
Apothecary 2:
Apothecary 3:

Techmarine:

Contemptor running: Ancient Junalos
Contemptor standing: Ancient Shar’gol

Leviathan skull: Malshe’em
Leviathan plain:

Sargeant Vet Squad: Namtar
Sargeant Tac Squad 1:
Sargeant Tac  squad 2:

Terror Squad Sargeant: Keddon the Black

Hungry Nostraman Lizard, my dude that praetor is kickin'.  I swear this and Isengrin, yo!, above all else is really making me want to put together a proper Midnight Clad Kill team/30K detachment.  The revamp pose definitely nails it for me as it's more dynamic. 

names, oh man, names.  I wish I knew more Nostraman conventions, they always kinda felt a little bit on the fantasy Summarian up through the Balkan sorts.  

So something like, "Ashteth-Sin", "Sarkon the Flayer"... apothecaries gone wild, "Nur'udesh the Fellborn", "Amaz Dagan", "Nebukanan the Soul Locked." etc. -shrugs-