Behold; something i've been working on behind the scenes;

yCmkR1V.jpg

It's been a lot of work, but I'm pleased with it so far. I'm just uncertain how to classify the sicarans and predators. 'MBTS' feels TOO modern', but... I'm at a loss. anyway, what you're looking at is the representation of what the 42nd armored would have fielded in its arsenal at the height of the crusade, ergo at max unit capacity and operational power. There might be a couple other things I'll throw in there, but I don't want to go too over-board. I'll also name everything, eventually. Feel free to drop squadron name suggestions, or even individual vehicle names too.

You have good ideas for vehicle names. I especially like "Gallows' Greed".

As for terms, "battle tank" is how the Imperium classifies the Leman Russ, so it probably applies to the Sicaran and Predator as well. If that's not to your satisfaction, how about "breakthrough tank" for the Sicaran (whose heavier arms and armor make it more capable of "breaking through" enemy defensive lines), and "scout tank" for the Predator (whose light weight allow it to cross terrain impassible to heavier vehicles, and smaller size make it more difficult for enemy sentries to detect)?

SeyMUqH.jpg?1

1tqt5JJ.jpg
UV8T3oN.jpg

Another tactical squad with close combat weapons, a vexila, and a vox operator are done. These guys were true scaled, which in part is why they took so long. I had to do a few revisions on them to be content. The painting approach was also changed. I've learned a lot since my first tac squad, even my second one. There's subtle zenithal highlighting on these, and more brush control means they're cleaner than the first squad. They're also much more uniform too, I've used a red crest, left knee pad to help set them as a singular unit. I'm still concentrating on tanks, but I definitely wanted some more infantry for my regular force. Combined arms, and all that!

To note; they lack transfers and decals because I'm waiting to see what book 9 tells us, if there's any differentiation in how the 8th marked units. 

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

The Land Raider Phobos is finished.

al4GSKH.jpg

6B3NRTJ.jpg
0MZRTo0.jpg?1

... or at least as close to finished as it can be for now. I recognize there's elements that need some touch ups. The stitching on the skin, the parchment on the doors, maybe redoing some of the powders after the sealant. I'm satisfied for now though, many more tanks to go through, after all. Here's a comparison shot with my first landraider, which you can see be making in the earlier pages of this thread. I was contemplating stripping it and bringing it up to standard, but eh... another time. I'm waiting on the Mk II B land raider to return in stock to finish up the squadron of land raiders. :) Was going to get an achilles initially, but guess who discontinued it...

VmVsgNX.jpg

Another tactical squad with close combat weapons, a vexila, and a vox operator are done. These guys were true scaled, which in part is why they took so long. I had to do a few revisions on them to be content. The painting approach was also changed. I've learned a lot since my first tac squad, even my second one. There's subtle zenithal highlighting on these, and more brush control means they're cleaner than the first squad. They're also much more uniform too, I've used a red crest, left knee pad to help set them as a singular unit. I'm still concentrating on tanks, but I definitely wanted some more infantry for my regular force. Combined arms, and all that!

To note; they lack transfers and decals because I'm waiting to see what book 9 tells us, if there's any differentiation in how the 8th marked units. 

Any particular approach for your truescaleing?

Also the nice thing about playing night lords is that you can handwave any insignia...issues by saying these guys are getting a head start on the breakdown of neat little chains of command and Imperial markings. :tongue.:

Edited by Lucerne

Good job on the Land Raiders.

Thanks Bjorwalker!

Love them

Cheers!

Any particular approach for your truescaleing?

Also the nice thing about playing night lords is that you can handwave any insignia...issues by saying these guys are getting a head start on the breakdown of neat little chains of command and Imperial markings. :tongue.:

I usually do the Torealis method, from BuildMyLegion. Spacers in the thigh, at the waist. Green stuff, and then lots of ammo pouches and extras. Thankfully, I enjoy making my infantry look like more... geared up infantry. Lots of magazine pouches, several grenades, a combat blade of some sort.

Anywho, back to armor!

"Blackened Howl"

Predator Destructor Tank

Attached to 3rd Squadron, 42nd armored, 8th Legion

7Lx5KUV.jpg

cK1VVmu.jpg

vwxnnRb.jpg

I added a LOT more pigments onto this baby than I anticipated, but a good chunk of it came off from the sealant. S'fine, might add another coat down the line. I'm pleased with it. There's some spaces I left blank purposefully (the front of the hull, top flat panel, gunner's pauldrons) for future transfers, I'm hoping to commission a friend to make a badge/insignia for the 42nd armored that I will then turn into  custom transfers, probably from fallouthobbies or someone else. Cheers, onto the next treaded beauty!

• 2 weeks later...

2to7gER.jpg?1

Did some preshades on the spartan chassis. I need a new compressor, as these lines keep sputtering. It's not a paint dilution, I don't think. I'm using a badger 105 with a compressor from the Master Airbrush "all in one" kits... probably like using a nvidia titan card with 2ghz of processing speed in terms of "your set up is only as strong as its weakest component"

Sexy!

Cheers

Great job on Blackened Howl!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get around to the rest of the squadron before the summer is out.

• 2 weeks later...

The wars of the crusade were not kind to the lumbering war-behemoth that was the emergent nascent Imperium. When its sons turned upon themselves, the conflicts of the Crusade, the very reclamation of humanity's birthright and Terra’s lost colonies, those wars suddenly were trivial. As brother fought brother, in an apocalypse that raged across the stars.

WIP. Spartan is getting closer to finished.

wts0FfJ.jpg?1

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

It is DONE. I have finished it!
YDgW1pt.jpg
VqQ7wBr.jpg
MUKOrF8.jpg
bjRSa4O.jpg

It's dooone. *inspects pictures* oh goddamnit, I need to go over X, Y, Z... 

Sometimes, you best just put down a piece or you'll never get away from it. There's so many transfers on this piece, let's play a guessing game of how many... C+C welcome. Onto the Macharius next!