Absolutely badass! I commend your focus.

Cheers! 

Beautiful work on the Spartan. Is that a dismembered Salamander on the side door?

Aye, it is. Bronze and black and a very warm green was the goal to try and convey it. Might have to slap a transfer on it to really hammer it in though. Though I've made our resident Salamander player a little upset with my trend of using them as trophies, eheh.

Very brutal. The skin is especially great!

Cheers! Collecting skin tone paints is a personal joy, and then you can always blend so many more...

Love me some tank army, a great take on the VIII, one not too often seen. 

Aye, I love me some terror marines and raptors, but the same-ol same-ol gets very dull after a while, y'know?

Second on the quality of your modeling of the flayed skins. All too often I feel they don’t help the realism of a model, take away from the intended affect, and come off as making the NL’s cartoonish. Yours however actually LOOKS like tanned hides and what something of that nature would actually be like. Great job and can’t wait to see the beast that the Machaeius will be next!

Today has been a hobby day of a LOT of fluff. I got my insignia commission done, and so I present to you the iconography of the 42nd:

tZVuXlY.png

Ger'zass the Anvil-Lord earned his moniker amongst the 42nd through a series of tactics that crushed the seditious conglomerate in the Craulost system. 

A banding of local governors had pooled their allegiances and declared themselves Imperial-free and renounced all ties to the Imperium. During a parade meant to signify the union of the locals, hence-by referred to in this chronicle as Crauls, the governors had sponsored a military showing of the might of their once divided colonies. That such a powerful army would withstand the tyranny of the Emperor.

It was at such a moment, with all eyes gazing at the Craul governors and their generals that Ger'zass struck. Using elements of light armor and fast striking scout elements, the Talonmaster saw opportunity to bait the confidence of the generals into cockiness, as vast amounts of their forces chased the out-numbered light-armor into a section of the city that was previously known as [REDACTED], as the armies of the Crauls pulled into the square, entire city blocks erupted with the roar of dozens of cannon and anti-material fire. Momentum lost, the Crauls attempted to reverse and exit as to regroup and retaliate.

Records show that such a reaction had been anticipated, and to prevent the Craul generals from escaping, the previous light-armor struck forth from side flanks, bolstered now. Massive teleportations flared as the entirety of the companies terminator reserve teleported in, in effect sealing the fate of the Crauls. The rebels had no choice but to either face the devastation of the terminator onslaught or break themselves upon the anvil of previously concealed heavy armor.
It is said that Ger'zass had personally lifted the last living Craul general before dashing him to death against the hull of his command tank.

QEjc0vh.jpg

C+C please!

LET THE RECORDS HEAR MY WORDS, FOR I HAVE SURELY LOST SANITY, FRATERS. Trying to come up with every possible combination of title, ghost/spirit, shades/colors, and malicious sounding nouns and adjectives possible. PLEASE, I implore you to drop down below some names and I might just use them to help fill out the rest of this:

1fixieS.jpg

As you  can see, there are MANY more things to name, and that has become the most difficult part. I'm still working on the framing for the rest of the force, after experimenting with the gradient dividers I was pleased with the result, giving it a more organized feel, I think. 

The lupercal is coming along. I can start weathering it, but I ordered custom decals and would like to start fitting all new vehicles with it the new transfers, but I'm not sure how far out they are.

If they're not here within 10 days or so, I think i'll just get to cracking away on this some more. I've got three sicarans and two predators to go through, but I just saw that the Mark 2B land raider is back in stock on USA FW... damn it, no! Backlog first!
pv03InB.jpg

Truly impressive! As if going straightforward with such a force wasn't a huge task already, you took your time to convert every single model. I applaud your productivity. Awesome conversions for an awesome force. Ave Dominus Nox!

Congrats! Still needs some names though, so it's not totally done :P

For a Spartan, perhaps Doom's Wail?

IT IS DONE

I was hoping ADB would help me fill in some blanks, but... I'll take the following as a win;

332 layers, 48 groups. So many many hours.

You misunderstand, that's AD-B's suggestion for a tank name.

I mean, that sounds like Aaron.... :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

"Pure Sextabulousness" is most appropriate for an Emperor's Children warband. For a Night Lords army, I have to ask how strong is its Slaanesh-worshiping faction. (Most likely result: The Khorne-worshiping faction crucifies the Slaanesh worshiper who proposed the name, to the tank's assault ramp, so he'll be crushed/buried/suffocated whenever it's lowered.) Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

"Pure Sextabulousness" is most appropriate for an Emperor's Children warband. For a Night Lords army, I have to ask how strong is its Slaanesh-worshiping faction. (Most likely result: The Khorne-worshiping faction crucifies the Slaanesh worshiper who proposed the name, to the tank's assault ramp, so he'll be crushed/buried/suffocated whenever it's lowered.)

The best comment I've seen from Bjorn, bar none. Made me lol

"Pure Sextabulousness" is most appropriate for an Emperor's Children warband. For a Night Lords army, I have to ask how strong is its Slaanesh-worshiping faction. (Most likely result: The Khorne-worshiping faction crucifies the Slaanesh worshiper who proposed the name, to the tank's assault ramp, so he'll be crushed/buried/suffocated whenever it's lowered.)

In 30k? Probably slim, if at all. They wouldn't know, either.

Truly impressive! As if going straightforward with such a force wasn't a huge task already, you took your time to convert every single model. I applaud your productivity. Awesome conversions for an awesome force. Ave Dominus Nox!

Cheers! I remember when I was starting out and I was too petrified to even splice parts up. Now I look at buying entire kits just to get that one piece...

Good job. I think one of the Spartans should be named "Kryptes", i.e., a member of a Krypteia, who executes terror attacks against helots to oppress the slaves- appropriate for a Night Lords vehicle, no?

I like that! Kryptes one shall be.

What about Sinners Lament for the thunderhawk? Could say its a bit dodgy with repairs and funnily enough the troublemakers always seem to have to ride it lol. Heavily weathered, pitting + battle damage. 

EDIT- autocorrect going to get me banned, wrote something bad instead of pitting..... 

Edited by MegaVolt87

What about Sinners Lament for the thunderhawk?

Great idea!

Could say its a bit dodgy with repairs and funnily enough the troublemakers always seem to have to ride it lol. Heavily weathered, pitting + battle damage.

I suspect the unfortunate crew and passengers will nickname such a flyer the "Self-destruct", "Suicide Wagon", "Kamikaze", and other insults.

I've been doing a lot of this "digital hobbying" as I've come to call it, sort of adding flavor to my physical hobbying. Mayhaps once I have the circumstances for it, I'll be able to print and frame these pieces on a scale I could admire. Without going into too many details, I'm making an adaptation of the 251st fleet now.

FcVzGJo.jpg

Forgive me for not resizing these images, but there's just too much detail I wouldn't want you all to miss!

YiuMwbG.png

Also the header titles:

I'm still brainstorming how to make "compliance integration fleets" sound more... 30k gothic. There will also be Mechanicum, Titan, and Knight-houses allies as well. The project will initially be a 1:1 adaptation of my physical Battlefleet:Heresy models, but then will expand from there.
HJypR1y.png

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Today has been a hobby day of a LOT of fluff. I got my insignia commission done, and so I present to you the iconography of the 42nd:

tZVuXlY.png

Ger'zass the Anvil-Lord earned his moniker amongst the 42nd through a series of tactics that crushed the seditious conglomerate in the Craulost system. 

A banding of local governors had pooled their allegiances and declared themselves Imperial-free and renounced all ties to the Imperium. During a parade meant to signify the union of the locals, hence-by referred to in this chronicle as Crauls, the governors had sponsored a military showing of the might of their once divided colonies. That such a powerful army would withstand the tyranny of the Emperor.

It was at such a moment, with all eyes gazing at the Craul governors and their generals that Ger'zass struck. Using elements of light armor and fast striking scout elements, the Talonmaster saw opportunity to bait the confidence of the generals into cockiness, as vast amounts of their forces chased the out-numbered light-armor into a section of the city that was previously known as [REDACTED], as the armies of the Crauls pulled into the square, entire city blocks erupted with the roar of dozens of cannon and anti-material fire. Momentum lost, the Crauls attempted to reverse and exit as to regroup and retaliate.

Records show that such a reaction had been anticipated, and to prevent the Craul generals from escaping, the previous light-armor struck forth from side flanks, bolstered now. Massive teleportations flared as the entirety of the companies terminator reserve teleported in, in effect sealing the fate of the Crauls. The rebels had no choice but to either face the devastation of the terminator onslaught or break themselves upon the anvil of previously concealed heavy armor.
It is said that Ger'zass had personally lifted the last living Craul general before dashing him to death against the hull of his command tank.

QEjc0vh.jpg

C+C please!

Wonderful!  Just check the spelling on Annihilation.