I REALLY need to clean this thread up, and the original posting with the charts and vision/where this project is going. 

That said. I entered a painting competition here locally (all done online by some of the east coast State-side Heresy Community) and compared to my normal painting time, this was a SNAP of some fingers. This model went from un-primed to varnished and done in THREE DAYS. 

ibNEZIW.jpg?1

I managed to submit it to the online posting with 20 minutes left on the clock to submissions closing.

"He went, dinnhe?"
"Yeh, probably"
uioFInN.jpg

Major thanks to Vykes (go check out his thread) for providing me with this engine piece STL. I think it adds a lot, and i'll be using it on my predators going forward!

pBi1lYJ.jpg?1

Three days is one hell of an effort, you've smashed it. The weathering and dirt caking the tracks is nicely done and Vykes' engine mod works just as well here as on his own. Now that the deadline has gone and you can relax, will you take the time to add a motif to the captured banner?

Fine work on the Predator. Did you transplant a Leman Russ engine as a replacement for the rear ramp the vanilla Predator shares with the Rhino?

Nah, it's a piece of kit I printed. I believe it was from one of the folks from Makers'Cult. Check out Vykes' thread!

Three days is one hell of an effort, you've smashed it. The weathering and dirt caking the tracks is nicely done and Vykes' engine mod works just as well here as on his own. Now that the deadline has gone and you can relax, will you take the time to add a motif to the captured banner?

Cheers so much! Yes, definitely so. I hope my decals come in soon!

Nice work on the predator, it really has the Night Lord flavour and you completed it in record time. Colour me impressed.

Thank you for the high praise!

Suggested name for the Predator: "Onychectomist", after the official term for declawing. Say the vehicle earned the name for crushing a Night Lords Claw (Squad) whose SGT attempted to usurp the CAPT commanding your warband.

Suggested name for the tank commander: Huu Keays the Burner.

(Get it? The tank is named "Toecutter", after the villain in the 1979 film Mad Max; the tank commander is named after actor Hugh Keays-Byrne, who played Toecutter as well as Immortan Joe in Mad Max: Fury Road.)

Another week of more "digital" hobbying than physical hobby. Means more work on the fleet orbat.
GyThcXn.png

And then I went and repositioned them all anyway. As it stands, this is what the project looks like so far;

QM2qAVv.jpg

Glorious work in modelling, painting and background writing and artwork alike. The engine modification on the Predator is the pièce de résistance of the tank, but the overall attention to detail and implied world-building through tarpaulins, improvised armour and other fittings are brilliant.

Awesome fleet OOB. What program do you use for that? and how did you get the ship (and in other OOB's, the space marine) icons?

Photoshop! I rip the artwork from old source books, and after that it becomes a battle of color, placement, sizing and scaling, visibility, etc

That fleet is pretty cool

Thanks!

Glorious work in modelling, painting and background writing and artwork alike. The engine modification on the Predator is the pièce de résistance of the tank, but the overall attention to detail and implied world-building through tarpaulins, improvised armour and other fittings are brilliant.

I am blessed this day. Never expected you in my thread! I'm glad you love my predator, I always feel iffy when I try and add the tarpaulin. Feels like i'm messing the whole thing up, but then it only starts to come alive after the 2nd layer and build up of more gauss and pva!

Nice work on the Predator. The engine block is a lovely addition, adds to the Imperial industrial look.

Aaay thanks boss!

Impressive work. Again, great names for the ships, most appropriate for the Night Lords.

I've got a massive list of names I created earlier this year that I pull from. I should really finish ordering the name plates from Versatile Terrain! 

Anywho, little update. Took pictures of the Arrival of Judgement! 

1x8fPo7.jpglPL6Pdt.jpg

Here she is next to an old genuine plastic cruiser, also as of yet to be named.

M4AOBaf.jpg

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard

That tank is absolutely lovely, the weathering, rust and soot are all great. 3 days to do that? I'm jealous :wink: 

The Arrival of Judgement in the 'flesh' is great, nice big cap ship you've got there. I assume it's 3D printed?

The fleet graphic is also very good work.

Thanks for sharing.

I keep thinking the cruiser's name should refer to the Tower of Babel. Maybe "Babel Glossectomy", so named because the ship's first captain ordered his Marines to tear out the tongues of all human inhabitants of the planet Babel, as punishment for insulting his Primarch?

By the way, did the AWESOME-looking winged skull "hood ornament" come with the model, or was it an addition? Is it from Games Workshop, Forge World, or a third party?

My transfers finally arrived. When I asked them to 'mirror' it, they did just that, so sadly I have a bunch of backwards facing "XLII"s now, but that's fine. I was ecstatic and threw them on a project that's been halted for what felt like ages.

b1RXtPN.jpg?1

I've already begun weathering by sponging the hull. I should finish the various parts of the turret, but I just was so happy to resume work on it. This will be awesome. I also had a second spartan gifted to me, basically... so I'm going to start on that I think *after* I finish up the last predator for my second squadron. 

That tank is absolutely lovely, the weathering, rust and soot are all great. 3 days to do that? I'm jealous :wink:

The Arrival of Judgement in the 'flesh' is great, nice big cap ship you've got there. I assume it's 3D printed?

The fleet graphic is also very good work.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much. Yeah, I didn't win the contest - but it was a great push to get me off my arse and finish a model in record time. The Arrival was finished for a while, it's in my big fleet compilation picture, but I just never took pictures of it on its own. I should darken up the base and get nameplates for it, but finances keep going elsewhere. Arggh! Maybe next commission money will be spent on nameplates...

Lovely stuff!!

Hats off to you, Badgers. Don't let those snakes getcha.

Beautiful work on the ships.

Thanks Bjorn!

I keep thinking the cruiser's name should refer to the Tower of Babel. Maybe "Babel Glossectomy", so named because the ship's first captain ordered his Marines to tear out the tongues of all human inhabitants of the planet Babel, as punishment for insulting his Primarch?

By the way, did the AWESOME-looking winged skull "hood ornament" come with the model, or was it an addition? Is it from Games Workshop, Forge World, or a third party?

The hood ornament from the small cruiser? That's a plastic skull from the chaos rhino decorative chains, combined with the wings off the vampire helm from the terrogheist/zombie dragon kit, glued on precariously for the third time! So it's one of the models that passes the "all GW" rule that some GW's have. (Mine is 50/75% GW requirement, but I haven't played there for ages even prior to the pandemic)/

"Arrival of Judgement" is basically how I imagined the White Scars' flagship, the Swordstorm.

Elaborate, please? Lots of launch bays? Or just the flat/sleek appearance? I hope that whenever GW re-releases BFG/BFH that the new plastic kits will allow me to recreate the Arrival in even more fantastic detail.

The Macharius tank looks most promising.

The hood ornament from the small cruiser? That's a plastic skull from the chaos rhino decorative chains, combined with the wings off the vampire helm from the terrogheist/zombie dragon kit, glued on precariously for the third time! So it's one of the models that passes the "all GW" rule that some GW's have.

Thank you for the info.