Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nurgle Daemons are great in 8th

nurgle daemon 8th edition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Dardl

Dardl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords

So I was having a gander through the leaks of the chaos index and I'm actually quite impressed with nurgle daemons.

A herald grants friendly nurgle daemons with 6 inches +1 str and a great unclean one will let other nurgle daemons use his leadership. 

So for a unit of plague bearers over 20 near a great unclean one and herald they would have +1 to str 10 leadership and -1 to enemies to hit rolls combined with re-roll on missed to hit rolls because of their plague knives AND disgustingly resilient! With all these buffs would a plague bearer swarm be viable?  Here's a list I did up

Supreme Command Detachment

Great Unclean One (1) - 248pts
    1 Great Unclean One: Plague flail,Bilesword,Nurglings' claws and teeth

Great Unclean One (1) - 248pts
    1 Great Unclean One: Plague flail,Bilesword,Nurglings' claws and teeth

Herald of Nurgle (1) - 70pts
    1 Herald of Nurgle: Plaguesword

Battalion Detachment

Poxwalkers (10) - 60pts
    10 Poxwalker

Plaguebearers (30) - 265pts
    1 Plagueridden: Plaguesword
    1 Plaguebearer: Plaguesword,Daemonic Icon
    28 Plaguebearer: Plaguesword

Plaguebearers (30) - 265pts
    1 Plagueridden: Plaguesword
    1 Plaguebearer: Plaguesword,Daemonic Icon
    28 Plaguebearer: Plaguesword

Soul Grinder of Nurgle (1) - 235pts
    1 Soul Grinder: Harvester cannon,Phleg bombardment,Iron claw,Warpsword

Soul Grinder of Nurgle (1) - 235pts
    1 Soul Grinder: Harvester cannon,Phleg bombardment,Iron claw,Warpsword

Chaos Spawn (3) - 99pts
    3 Chaos Spawn: Hideous mutations

Chaos Spawn (2) - 66pts
    2 Chaos Spawn: Hideous mutations

Chaos Spawn (2) - 66pts
    2 Chaos Spawn: Hideous mutations

Castellan Cato

Castellan Cato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts
  • Chapter Name: Shepherds of Rot
Hard to tell how viable it is this early on, but if you're going to play an army like this, there's no reason not to run empidemus. His buffs are army wide, and if you're running full daemons everything will stack them up.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Taking 60 of a thing is not a swarm list.

Not sure the spawn do much apart from being cheaper in £ than Beasts of Nurgle. They aren't daemons are they?

Plague drones or Nurglings should be better for getting a bit more mobility..

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 16 June 2017 - 04:26 PM.

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,555 posts

Beasts of nurgle got cheaper at the cost of their mobility, but they have heroic intervention to help body guard units. I did a game with them and they were pretty darn strong with heralds and a GUO supporting them close by.

dark_elf

dark_elf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Not sure the spawn do much apart from being cheaper in £ than Beasts of Nurgle. They aren't daemons are they?

They are not Demons.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,472 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
There is also the Nurgle Plague Toad and Pox rider Daemons you could look into if you have the FW index book which are like beast and spawn except they have more attacks and can fly (god that would be scary watching flying roads coming at you :D )

Edited by Plaguecaster, 26 June 2017 - 09:14 AM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Dallas Drake

Dallas Drake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts

What do people think about a Nurgle themed army of Daemons & CSMs?

Epidemius, 30 Plaguebearers, 2x6 Nurglings then a load of Decimators and a Knight? Add a Chaos Lord and Hellwright to re-roll 1s and pop D3 wounds back on the Knight.

Are Plaguebearers a good shield/tarpit? I've never used them (shame) but on paper they look good. T4, 5+/5+, S5 and -1 to hit. For 3 points more than Cultists they aren't a bad deal. Shame there's no way to mitigate moral with them though, that said they should take a good deal of firepower.

Anyone got any thoughts or ideas on this?

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,555 posts

Poxwalkers are dang good and ignore moral. I have begun converting all of my cultists this week.

sanityimpaired

sanityimpaired

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

I had a unit of 20 pox walkers tarpit a Wraithknight for 6 assault phases before finally being stomped out.  They even managed to take off a wound or two.

There may not be Deamons in 40k, but there are certainly Deacons.
I'm also pretty confidant that make up exists in 40k, so there have got to be Rouge Traders out there as well.

I play Necrons, Dark Eldar, and Chaos Space Marines.  I have a big pile of Orks as well, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with them yet.

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,555 posts

I had a unit of 20 pox walkers tarpit a Wraithknight for 6 assault phases before finally being stomped out.  They even managed to take off a wound or two.

That's pretty good, the stomps are kind of just as brutal this edition... 12 attacks at d3 dmg... >.< honestly poxwalkers are the perfect unit for wasting their turns, he should have fell back and still shot.

sanityimpaired

sanityimpaired

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

That's pretty good, the stomps are kind of just as brutal this edition... 12 attacks at d3 dmg... >.< honestly poxwalkers are the perfect unit for wasting their turns, he should have fell back and still shot.

It would have gone worse for him if he had; I would have hammered it with overcharged plasma fire and finished it off with a DP, Lord, and termie charge.  The remaining poxwalkers would have gone Guardian hunting and ended up with more models on the table than they started with.

There may not be Deamons in 40k, but there are certainly Deacons.
I'm also pretty confidant that make up exists in 40k, so there have got to be Rouge Traders out there as well.

I play Necrons, Dark Eldar, and Chaos Space Marines.  I have a big pile of Orks as well, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with them yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nurgle, daemon, 8th edition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users