Expect a lot of people to be bringing lascannons and such with high strength and d6 damage weapons. with that said, i would just put the points from the razorback into another squad or a cheapo rhino because yoru tank will die quickly. With models that only have 1 wound a lascannon is back to being just a waste of points again. If you fight an ork or Nid player with mobs you will thank me on this and you will be seeing those armies coming back into circulation.

Back to basics:

10 man squad with a flamer and a missile launcher, serg with a combiweapon(whatever flavor you like) done.

No. On average it takes nine Lascannons to blow up a Rhino. Worst case scenario - Lascannon moved, Rhino popped smoke, in terrain - it takes 21 Lascannons on average to blow up a Rhino

I think people are going to have a really hard time dealing with mech spam unless they have Melta out the wazoo

in my oppinion, it's more beneficial to cripple the rhino/razorback and the focus fire on the important stuff. the one game you roll box cars for damage though you straight up kill things, and you get to be much farther away, with a higher chance to wound.

Expect a lot of people to be bringing lascannons and such with high strength and d6 damage weapons.  with that said, i would just put the points from the razorback into another squad or a cheapo rhino because yoru tank will die quickly. With models that only have 1 wound a lascannon is back to being just a waste of points again. If you fight an ork or Nid player with mobs you will thank me on this and you will be seeing those armies coming back into circulation.

Back to basics:

10 man squad with a flamer and a missile launcher, serg with a combiweapon(whatever flavor you like) done.

No. On average it takes nine Lascannons to blow up a Rhino. Worst case scenario - Lascannon moved, Rhino popped smoke, in terrain - it takes 21 Lascannons on average to blow up a Rhino

I think people are going to have a really hard time dealing with mech spam unless they have Melta out the wazoo

Death Company with Thunderhammers and Inferno Pistols sprinkled to taste say hello... (They don't suck at all).

Knock Knock Mr Razorbacks your one turn of shooting and overwatch failed to stop enough of us =)

No where to run now Mr sit back and laugh / surrounded tank? Awwww...

Can't shoot into CQC and neither can your support units? Awwww...

Lonely and bored while the thunderhammers etc get to your end of the mass charged formation? They are gonna be there before the end I promise...

Mech Tac doesn't suck tho all jokes aside. I just question whether razorback is the best way forward for Blood Angels myself. I am thinking the other chapters can do it so I am trying hard to find the potentially opposing paths currently. Let Bobby G and his smurfs run spam this edition says I.

Rhino's should be at least 70 points and Razorback hull needs to go up some maybe I am thinking. Points will be adjusted soon I am thinking. (Looking at you Taurox Prime).

All that said:

Combi melta Grav cannon in twin AC Razor rolling out works well I am just resisting using it in abundance. Maybe we will get our red ones go faster rules back and I will convert back again who knows =)

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

Death Company with Thunderhammers and Inferno Pistols sprinkled to taste say hello... (They don't suck at all).

The only issue here is that Death Company must replace their chainsword AND their bolt pistol to get a Thunderhammer. It's 2 handed only apparently.

LOL but not for Vanguard Vets ..... /shrug

The only issue here is that Death Company must replace their chainsword AND their bolt pistol to get a Thunderhammer. It's 2 handed only apparently.

LOL but not for Vanguard Vets ..... /shrug

Look at the models.

DC have a 2 handed TH, VV hav 1 handed versions.

I just wish they would give rules variations based on this, and not just visual, like a 2handed TH gets the heavy TH rules or something. 

LOL... Well I'm not giving them all thunderhammers so all is well :biggrin.:

Was thinking 250 pts for

2xThunderhammer

2x Inferno and power axe

4x bolt pistol & chainsword

I have a feeling that VV are not left handed... the bastids.

I think we are gonna see lots of razorback Tacs on the table from the marines at least initially. I should get some fighting in over the weekend so will let you all know how bad I got shot to death by them. It outta be a glorious charge!

depends on luck, you can't trust on average, i just rolled and killed one with 3 lascannons. Thats a dev squad in 1 turn possibly turn 1 rhino kill. likely? no. possible? very much so.  I'm not trying to argue or anything, i'm just saying its a little more likely than average.

I rolled a few more times and it seems even with smoke launchers and in cover the average is actually about 7 lascannons.

minimum it took was 3 most it took was 10. that an average of what? 6.5? Granted that is a god load of lascannons. but if you want something dropped with them from what i rolled(and some of them roles where really good and really bad) it takes 6.5 on average. Not trying to argue, just saying that is what my results where.

I would save the lascannons for my tanks and vehicles where you can get more bang for your buck, Like a predator or Landraider.

Edited by MordentHex

So I faced some marines last night. Meched up tacticals deserve respect as said many times here in this thread.

Some things I would note if you are running them after that game and watching a few others:

Try to not park them all together in a lump but keep them tight enough to support one another.

Try to keep a screen of troops to keep your tank out of close combat when you want to keep shooting, you will be charged so plan on it.

Have a planned exit for the tank or some space to run basically when you do get engaged.

Putting them all together on the back edge with a solid troop screen WILL eventually get you trapped and crushed by a canny opponent. Seems obvious but I saw it happen last night.

Remember to shoot your bolt pistols in HTH on your turn!

Be confident in your tacticals they can be stubborn to shift for your opponent especially if you have some mass.

Consider a counter charge unit as well as a source of re-roll to hit etc. So captain and crew or similiar.

That power weapon on the Sgt for a few points will pay off easy in 8th edition I feel.

I hope you all get lots of games in and have lots of fun.

8th rocks!

So I've been playing around with listen for my BA army and one I just discovered is that since we have all of the different detachments we can run up to 6 devastators which provide better firepower while also providing bodies. For troops then take some CC scouts to screen them.

Are tactics do much over the devastators?

So I've been playing around with listen for my BA army and one I just discovered is that since we have all of the different detachments we can run up to 6 devastators which provide better firepower while also providing bodies. For troops then take some CC scouts to screen them.

Are tactics do much over the devastators?

The only problem with that is if i seen what you where bringing i wouldn't even play you. In a tournament maybe i would but casual gaming not a chance. That's not fun.

Look at the models.

DC have a 2 handed TH, VV hav 1 handed versions.

I just wish they would give rules variations based on this, and not just visual, like a 2handed TH gets the heavy TH rules or something. 

True, Because no-one would ever take advantage of the modular nature of the Marine kits to put a VV hammer on a DC man, Grumble, grumble something GW...