Primal Marines ++Semper Iratus++

FADE IN:

INT. BATTLE BARGE BRIDGE - SPACE

ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN sips from a gilded cup filled with Macragge dark roast. He overlooks the bridge from the command post.

SPACE MARINE approaches and bows, bearing a data slate. 

SPACE MARINE

My Lord, I bring you the latest report from

Belisarius Cawl on Primaris deployments.

GUILLIMAN takes the report and begins to scroll down through the list of Chapters receiving Primaris geneseed. The SPACE MARINE notices the Primarchs' eyes suddenly go wide.

GUILLIMAN

No. NO! Who put them on this list?! 

By the Emperor no! NOOOOOOOO!

SPACE MARINE

My Lord?

GUILLIMAN throws down the dataslate storms from the room and begins issuing commands to prepare an astropath for an urgent message. The SPACE MARINE, confused and shaken by the Primarchs' sudden outburst, looks down at the data slate. At the bottom of the list of recipients, he sees a Chapter symbol unknown to him....

Angry_Marines_SP.png

FADE TO BLACK

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

Will you kitbash "power bats" from Reaper autocannons and Defiler battle cannons? (That's a very Angry Marines source of melee weapons, right? Tearing ranged weapons off enemy Dreadnoughts and Daemon Engines, and then using these cannon barrels to beat the enemy to death, reusing the barrels to make "power bats" after a good soak in holy water.)

Angry Marine 1 (swinging a Plague Marine's severed arm at the traitor's head): "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"

Angry Marine 2 (swinging a Plague Marine's severed leg at the traitor's butt, launching him away from his Manreaper scythe): "You traitors are unworthy of the honor of having the Emperor's angriest servants kick your posteriors! You are so pathetic, you should kick your own posteriors in penance!"

Angry Marines Chaplain (shoving his crozius up You Know Where on a Plague Marine's body): "Less talking, more fighting!"

Meanwhile, in Nurgle's realm...

Nurgle (jumping off his throne): "The pain!"

I was even thinking that the Primaris "uplifting" process, applied to a proper Angry Marine, produced an entity of such pure rage that they literally burn hot. Almost kind of like the LotD, but instead of the traditional painted flames I would make them look like they were burning from the inside. 

Here is my inspiration for the paint scheme:

10b1466587c1b5c61c725d8e6faa1d38.jpg

578de1adb1b610c9259d693556e88227.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NKGEQLPEF-I/SSf2pMQqEwI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/KqdkNT1t1jw/s1600/lava2.jpg

Black boots, dark red greaves and tassets (thigh armor), bright red lower cuirass and gauntlets, orange-red upper cuirass and pauldrons, bright yellow helmet. That way, the Marine looks like steel on a blacksmith's (the Emperor's) anvil, being hammered into a sword. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

This is going to be interesting, especially seeing how you fare marking their armour without swearing... :happy.:

Extremely judicious use of Photoshop and blurring will be involved to keep it family safe. At least on here. Now, how to explain this to my wife about how I'm going to keep this from our child's innocent eyes.

You could use swear words in languages other than English, with the explanation that the Angry Marines have collected many dialects for their curses from their recruits over the years.

Bahaha, I'm excited to see this. Will it be a pure Primaris army?

It will be a completely Primal. In every way feasible. Once the Primaris geneseed shows up pretty much every Primal & uplifted marine ripped apart the older Angry Marines for parts.

I'm going to have two sets of Primaris marines from the box set, so one group will end up as IF or Templar, and the other half will be Primals (2x Intercessor, 1x Inceptor, 1x Hellblaster, and elites).

As drop pods are their championed means of transportation, they'll probably just be sticking with charging straight in while the rest of my troops follow right behind. 

The plasma rifles are fused into supercharged mode, permanently.

I was even thinking that the Primaris "uplifting" process, applied to a proper Angry Marine, produced an entity of such pure rage that they literally burn hot. Almost kind of like the LotD, but instead of the traditional painted flames I would make them look like they were burning from the inside. 

Here is my inspiration for the paint scheme:

10b1466587c1b5c61c725d8e6faa1d38.jpg

578de1adb1b610c9259d693556e88227.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NKGEQLPEF-I/SSf2pMQqEwI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/KqdkNT1t1jw/s1600/lava2.jpg

You could use that cracking textured paint to show that their rage is so hot that it burns through ceramite. Paint the gaps in the cracks like fire and paint the raised surface a grey ash color.

Yup, that's the plan. I haven't had much luck with the Vallejo crackle medium, so I'm going with the Tim Holtz Distressed crackle paint. And then I'm going to use the Black 2.0 I experimented on last month to give it that charcoal / ashen look.  

Getting very excited for this, but I probably won't even be able to start testing it out until July.

GW decided to release 8th edition over my summer vacation next week. However I will return to a big box waiting for me and lots of ideas to get cracking on.

• 3 weeks later...

Things are in preparation. Testing begins soon. Various materials will be arriving soon to bring the Primal marines to life.

Right now the idea is to do the first test on the "inner glow" look. Here's my proposed first run:

1. Prime white

2. Basecoat Bright Yellow (I use mixtures of Vallejo & GW pots so I'm not going to use specific colors for reference at this point)

3. Airbrush layer of Yellow & Orange (3:1 mix) 

4. Airbrush layer of Orange

5. Gloss sealant

6. Distress Crackle Paint at edges of armor

7. Drybrush smoky black to get the cooled volcanic magma look

8. Matte varnish

9. Highlight hot spots with white / bright yellow

I've been having a fun time cruising around looking for biggest and baddest beat sticks around. Lots of stuff on ebay for bits related to Ogryns, Orges and Trolls, but wondered if there's any other places that I'm not looking that could yield interesting results. 

In particular I found some zombie apocalypse bits that are quite fitting, but am coming up short on things like pipe wrenches, etc.

http://maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/melee-weapons-shields/zombie-survival-kit-bits

Anyone who has good sources or ideas please feel free to share! 

The chainsaw is best mounted on a bolter or other ranged weapon, to serve as a bayonet- there's no other reason to use a chainsaw in place of a chainSWORD.

As for wrenches, just improvise them from servo-arms. Say the Codex-quoting Techmarine is a pansie who keeps kissing Guilliman's posterior instead of FIGHTING, so his battle-brothers stripped him of his tools as a sign of disrespect; or the servo-arms were stripped from Iron Warriors (who regularly use them as weapons) and then used against their former wielders. "Fething traitors are too pansy to stay loyal! And they call themselves 'Iron Warriors'? Well, I have a 'nine-iron'- I got it from a pansy Astra Militarum general who was too pansy to face the enemy- and I know just where to shove it next!"

YES! Thank you GW for this....

New Organ:

Beliarian Furnace: Hyper charges primaris physiology just before death, sort of last stand mode.

I now have a canon to back up my idea.

First pics of the first Primal Marine WIP tonight - did some serious bit sourcing and what I put together last night will be the start of something very, very fun. 

Angry Marine: "My Beliarian Furnace is not hyper-charging me for my last stand, it's hyper-charging me for the last stand of each and every one of the Emperor's enemies! Now get off your pansy posterior, you pansy Scion of Mars, and transport me full speed ahead to the next battlefield! Fail to comply, and you will take your Last Stand in this passenger compartment!"

The nice thing about most of the Primal Marines, unlike the Angry Marines, they don't talk much. Just a lot of angry, heavy breathing. 

Very hulk-ish.

However, that cannot be said for the Primal Ancient, that guy talks for everyone else. An no one, NO ONE, is ready to hear what he's serving up. 

++Rage Prime WIP++

Pose is blocked out and initial layers of green stuff and sculpting is done. Very pleased with how this is turning out. I'm magnetizing the backpack and the gun arm so I can have some fun with other arm / weapon combos. This one is going capeless (which is going to be used for a Primaris BT EC) so there' still a bit of work to do in the back. 

http://i.imgur.com/sEGlXtz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v80FJos.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hrMBHOD.jpg

Next up... you know, those Inceptor parts look like they'd make some great power boots.