Primal Marines ++Semper Iratus++

What weapons are he wielding? The right seems to be part of a stone wall, attached to a chain- part of a prison wall, the chain from manacles fixed to the wall? The other looks like a lascannon, but 1d4chan's article suggests Angry Marines despise the weapon as "not angry enough," so a flamer is more likely.

Actually it's an Assault Cannon from a Land Speeder with the barrel support rail replaced with a power sword. I'll take some better pics tonight, but it fit onto the existing bolter assembly without much fuss at all, which allowws me to use the belt feed without any modification other than a small bend to re-adjust the angle. I'll have better pics once the epoxy sets up, the balance of the model overall is nice, but I did pin every joint except the weapon arm, which is getting a magnet. I plan on having optional flamer arm and another melee arm

Just a *wee* upgrade. Otherwise on the table, at this point, it's just a power weapon and the boltstorm gauntlet that comes standard. Hopefully there'll be enough weargear options down the road for the Gravis Captain that I could actually use a Flamer and Power Maul combo. Brutal. 

The chain & wall is from some GW fantasy Orge bit I found raiding my friend's bin. It's also magnetized at the wrist and there are a few club and beatstick options coming down the pipe this week. 

Haha that's awesome, love how over the top he is! Will we be seeing some power feet? I've done a model in the past of it, and would love to see your take on it! Fantastic work, looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks! Once I got the idea in my head it spread like wildfire, then all the recent fluff, it all just seemed to add up to me. Feel free to link a picture of your own work, I'd love to see other Angry Marine models that I might not have scoped out on a google image search. 

There is a very special sergeant up next who will be sporting the Emperor's finest footwear...

...and his victim

• 4 months later...

"It tore the armor from the traitor marines, piece by piece, berating the victim with each tear. 'No wonder it's been 13 black crusades with <redacted> gear like this', was overheard before one used what looked to be a power boot... yes I can repeat that, POWER BOOT, as in like an Astarte power fist, but in boot form... to render the heretic into a paste."

- Arch Magos Silvesteri of Forgeworld Nozub upon return from an expedition to a world in close proximity to the Cicatrix Maledictum

onU5seX.jpg

lbhtDx0.jpg

th28jcz.jpg

5oLzMwU.jpg

Glad to see you're continuing the primal marines! Really nice power feet model, looking forward to seeing more!

I held off on doing too much work on the rest of the squad since news of Necromunda, I plan to use the extra bits from the Goliaths for my Angry Marine unit. Things are going to get real interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

FADE IN:

INT. BATTLE BARGE COMMUNICATIONS CHAMBER - SPACE

ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN privately converses via Astropath with BELISARIUS CAWL

BELISARIUS CAWL

My lord Primarch, after an intensive review of recent reports regarding the aberrations commonly known as, 

"Astarte Iratus", they continue to elude the best efforts of Inquisition, Mechanicus and conscript assets in attaining

any sample of their gene-seed for further examination.

GUILLIMAN

Then Astarte intervention is now necessitated. How is it possible for them to evade us consistently at every turn.

How are they even able to operate without any kind of Imperium support. Who is supplying them?

BELISARIUS CAWL

Data suggests they have recently been in the vicinity of Necromunda. They made contact with House Goliath, there

is an ancient Terran saying, perhaps you've heard of it - "Thick as thieves"? 

GUILLIMAN

FADE OUT

Zh07WGr.jpg

TnvsKuf.jpg

DBnPweB.jpg

kQHUECz.jpg

OeZYBl4.jpg

VWEXl23.jpg

hel0hOr.jpg

wvS0xcy.jpg

WeDIuqR.jpg

g8Fzksy.jpg

n14MPXa.jpg

rbDMf2S.jpg

FI0BZvl.jpg

7tO5AU7.jpg

VJlk6np.jpg

UAHXNG6.jpg

These guys are still very much WIP at this point, but I have the majority of the squad blocked out.

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

The bolt rifle is a welcome addition to the Angry Marine's bayonet.

Fixed that for you :P.

In all seriousness, the Angry Marines are looking awesome! The conversions are great and filled with so much character and motion, which certainly suits the subject. Keep up the great work!

P.s. - looking forward to seeing some paint!

• 9 months later...
Those look promising. Will you save the smiley faces for a different Chapter, or use them for the models with good reasons to smile- whose bases are decorated with the dismembered, disemboweled, decapitated remains of an enemy of the Imperium? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Smiley face is for the marine flipping the bird, the international symbol of peace.

Will you decorate the smiling Marine's base with an Aeldari Harlequin's mutilated corpse?

Angry Marine (grinding Harlequin's face beneath his boot): "Are you not smiling?"

Will you decorate the smiling Marine's base with an Aeldari Harlequin's mutilated corpse?

Angry Marine (grinding Harlequin's face beneath his boot): "Are you not smiling?"

For you buddy, I think I can make this happen. Challenge accepted!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

FADE IN:

INT. BATTLE BARGE BRIEFING ROOM - SPACE

ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN stand before an orante holo display, the Primarch grows irate at the ramblings of a mechanicus MAGUS

MAGUS

.... the last addendum to this report is that the astropathic channels leading to Chogoris system may be corrupted or lost.

Aberrant reports have begun to come from that system stating that many various battlefronts have been stabilized or completely neutalized.

What is your proposed course of action in this manner my Lord Primarch.

GUILLIMAN

I see no record of this report, show me the data immediately Magus. The oversight will be noted in your performance report.

MAGUS

My deepest apologies Lord, I do not know ::stammers in binary screeching:: I believe the report should be in your datastream now...

GUILLIMAN

... Astarte of unknown origin... yellow livery... massive collateral damage... Commissar verbally assaulted to death....

MAGUS

My lord?

ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN wordlessly leaves the chamber, leaving the MAGUS alone and confused as to the nature of his offense.

FADE OUT

uSJzO6n.jpg