Greetings from Chamber 42 and something fun.

Brother Bish

Greetings brothers,

With the imminent release of 8th edition, I have begun working on updating chamber42.com. It has sadly been neglected since my time at Games Workshop and the years of burnout that followed. But I'm kind of excited about 8th edition and getting back into the hobby. I'm also glad to see some of the changes GW seems to be going through (it's about time!). I'll be redoing chamber 42 from scratch, because it's a bit dated and could be a lot more user friendly, especially on mobile devices. So that's in the works and I'm hoping to have that updated in the next few weeks or so, as time permits.

In the meantime, I have also been working on a bit of a personal project that means a lot to me, and while it's not official it's about as close as we may ever get.

So here is a little teaser.

http://www.chamber42.com/files/datasheets/tease-400-blur.jpg

What could it possibly be? :whistling:

I'll put it up on 8th edition release day, this weekend.

- Bish

Edited by Brother Bish

I need it NOOOOOW!!!! I have just finished basecoating my Land Raider Ares and was going to put forward a Data (Warscroll) Sheet myself. This gives me an incentive to have it for the Saturday game.

Bish! And SG! This thread is a gathering of the ancients. Now we just need the Lion to wake up! Hmmmm....

Hahaha! Well to be honest, the return of Guilliman and the prospect of more Primarchs returning, i.e. the Lion, was one of the big things that has brought me back out of the shadows. As well as that amazing Cypher model! (Heresy I know.) It's too bad he didn't make it into the throne room though. I know a lot of people bag on the fluff in Gathering Storm, but I quite enjoyed it.

I'm also looking forward to Forge World's next book which has Dark Angels in it and I'm really hoping for a Lion heresy mini.

When I was at GW I remember being in a meeting where we were told that the 40k narrative would NEVER move forward. Which I found very disappointing and short sighted. So I'm very happy to see that happening. I hope GW continues with the positive more customer friendly changes they are making. Time will tell. Unfortunatly GW has a history of coming up with new business strategies and then abandoning then when things don't change immediatly. GW has always needed to look at the big picture and not immediate gains and I hope they are starting to do that.

Ok getting off my soap box now lol.

When I was at GW I remember being in a meeting where we were told that the 40k narrative would NEVER move forward. Which I found very disappointing and short sighted. So I'm very happy to see that happening.

Well, legitimately they've made sure the actual time didn't advance, even if they did add things to the narrative. Due to the "timeline warfare", no one can truly be sure exactly what year it is, which is actually a very neat historical concept wrapped up in the setting of the game. It could be M40, M41 or even M38 for all anyone actually knows. It's a very good and historically based method to keep things trapped in the Dark Millennium.

I also hope to see the "customer friendly" stuff keep going. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store for us when the first faction focused books start to roll out!

I need that Ares data sheet!

Also it is awesome to 'meet' the guy who created such an awesome model! It inspired me to create my own version and I did use the flamestorm cannons, as well as a bigger main gun lol.

Love that model and really like the paint style you used. Was very unique.

Edited by SickSix

Good to see you back on the Battle Barge Brother Bish.

Hey Kurgan! Hope you are doing well, it's been a long time. Let's see, did we meet up at Games Day Baltimore 2007? I seriously can't believe that was ten years ago!

Wow! Bish is back! Good to see you again, sir. :)

I am reading through 8th edition, following my own burnout across the last few years. Quite tempted to dust off the DA and give them a whirl.

Good to see you back on the Battle Barge Brother Bish.

Hey Kurgan! Hope you are doing well, it's been a long time. Let's see, did we meet up at Games Day Baltimore 2007? I seriously can't believe that was ten years ago!

Yeah! Man....we are old.....