003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Hello, hello!

A while ago a friend of mine bought me Imperial Knights: Renegade on the premise I kept one (which I already did and painted) and then did him a Chaos Knight in return. Originally, it was just going to be a funky paint job, but the scope has now increased.  He collects Iron Warriors, so with it mostly being a silver paint job with hazard stripes, I felt it needed something more to give it that chaos bang.

Firstly, that pesky detail had to go.  It was too clean and imperial.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Now at the stage where some greenstuff is being blobbed on and shaped.  When its dry, it will be sanded down so its thin and then a second layer applied so I can detail it and add things like the rings between the spikes.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_30.jpg

Edited by Verger

Starting off well with this one and i'm interested to see how you give it more of a Chaos feel :P!  

I know the Iron Warriors colour's seem pretty basic, with it just being silver and hazards, but i've seen a lot of interesting plays on how the hazards are used!  Ex:  chainswords (the casing for the chain), across shields, dozer blades, face grills (MK3).  You could try playing with that a little on the knight to give it a more unique IW feel?

Starting off well with this one and i'm interested to see how you give it more of a Chaos feel :tongue.:!  

I know the Iron Warriors colour's seem pretty basic, with it just being silver and hazards, but i've seen a lot of interesting plays on how the hazards are used!  Ex:  chainswords (the casing for the chain), across shields, dozer blades, face grills (MK3).  You could try playing with that a little on the knight to give it a more unique IW feel?

Thanks. :smile.: I'm going to have to really put work into the paintjob to give it that Iron Warriors feel, so I'll think about those suggestions.

The test shin felt like a success, now its "complete".  I might need to give it some more smoothing later. Not sure.

Screenshot_4.jpg

screenshot_4b.jpg

Moved on to the carapace and a shoulderpad now.  Already adding the rivets to the carapace and the shoulderpad needs loads more  work.

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

19874012_2105794259641898_634023759_n.jp

Apologies for the slow updates here.  Got a chunk of it base coated and dunked in black wash (Abbaddon black and water)

Screenshot_32.jpg

A completed shin-guard to make sure I know what direction I'm headed in. :)

Thanks for reading!

NIhk5t8_LTp_GIz94_XVKfepg.png

He's nearly done now.  Bit more sculpting on the knees, shins and unpainted shoulderpad and it'll be ready for paint, so this is my last WIP shot before it's 100% complete! Whoopie. :)

• 3 weeks later...

"Most impressive....but you are not a Jedi yet!"  <had to lol

Agreed though, very impressive and i really enjoy where you placed the hazard strips!  The Chaos arrows are also well placed and your paint job ties everything in very well.  Gives it the feel that this knight has been around for years and nothing has brought it down...yet. 

:thumbsup: