+++ Connecting to Noosphere

++++ [REDACTED] ID Accepted

++++ Assessing Zitann Breach Pict-logs

++++ Chaplain Orthus selected

+++++ Load Complete:

TUtWj9.jpg
Orthus The Tempered, Chaplain of the Omega Hounds

++++++ Summation:

Orthus quickly gained the moniker, The Tempered, for his exemplary control of the bloodlust that haunts the Chapter. One of the founding members of the Council of Khortoch, Orthus enjoys status beyond of that typical of his office.

+++++ Notable Wargear:

Orthus carries Smiter of Foes, a particularly famous Crozius Arcanum gifted to the Chapter from the Ultramarines, gene-sires of the Hounds. As a member of the Council of Khortoch, Orthus has earned the right to enter battle without helm, his catechisms of hate amplified by oral-auditory implants

++++ High Judicar Darros selected

+++++ Load Complete:

r4dYCZ.jpg
Darros The Executioner, High Judicar of the Omega Hounds

++++++ Summation:

Though his rank of office prevents him from membership in the Council of Khortoch, Darros holds the most senior rank a Judicar can achieve in the Chaplaincy structure of the Omega Hounds. While his title of Executioner, to outsiders, may imply a lengthy scroll of defeated enemies, it was bestowed upon him for his vigilance in executing many of the Chapter’s Astartes that were deemed to have lost control of themselves in the fires of battle.

+++++ Notable Wargear:

Carrying the fearsome blade of the Judicars, Darros is a nigh-unparalleled swordsman. As High Judicar, Darros is also granted the Cloak of Death, a series of robes, capes, and hood draping him in an evocative silhouette representative of the death mask he dons

+++++++++++++++++

These guys were really fun to kitbash. The Indomitus stuff is going to be awesome to mess around with for the Omega Hounds. I have some interesting stuff planned. I’ve also been really busy in the Liber forum entirely reworking the fluff for these guys, so if DIY Index Astartes articles float your boat, take a look at IA: The Omega Hounds

Edited by KBA

Great kit bashes - really good sense of movement in the chaplain and the Judiciar is menacing. A real ‘death’ vibe to him!

Thanks for the kind words! :) I’m glad you digged the models. The Judicar might be giving off too much of a Dark Angels vibe, but I wanted to lean into that executioner/grim reaper look. I think with the appropriate fluff write-up he’ll fit into my chapter just fine though.

Seconded to what Lorr said. Great use of bits to make some very unique and characterful models and poses!

Thank you! A lot of ‘oh-crap’ moments when it came to hacking the Indomitus stuff, but I ordered spares off eBay so I could be a little brazen lol.

++++ Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant Valthus selected

+++++ Load Complete:

5akfnl.jpg
Seargent Valthus, Bladeguard Veteran of The Honourable First

bbpAU7.jpg

Ihhmar.jpg

okOuoH.jpg

++++++ Summation:

Pictured here, prior to the storming of the Zitannian Keep, Skull’s Crown, Veteran Sergeant Valthus of the Omega Hounds delivers a rousing oration to his gathered Bladeguard brethren. Imperial Scholars suggest Valthus on was the verge of Captaincy preceding the siege, however, the Primaris marine suffered severe censure from the chapter’s Chaplaincy for his wanton bloodlust in the aftermath of the campaign.

+++++ Notable Wargear:

Valthus carries a typical shield of the Omega Hounds’ Bladeguard Veterans, lacking much of the ornamentation of the same units in other chapters. Featured on his right foreman, is an honour-won vambrace— sentimental to the Hounds and a form of patronage to their Executioner training cadre. His modified MK X war plate features reinforced shoulder plating and a common styling of helm popular among the Chapter. Of particular note is the chainsword of unknown manufacture. Some scholars theorize this weapon dates its forging to the time of the Great Crusade, while others note it was a gift from the Executioners chapter.

Edited by KBA

Great job on Valthus! Picture him standing in the center of charging warriors.

So ties between the Hounds and the Executioners? (Is that what you reference by the Executioners Cadre?)

Thanks for the compliment :)

While the Omega Hounds draw their gene source from Guilliman, the Executioners, upon completion of their 100 year penance crusade in the Orpheus Sector, were granted the honour of providing the training cadre of the newly formed chapter.

I love aspects of the Executioners and I wanted to tie them to the Chapter in some way. I think it’s perfectly 40k to ‘reward’ a chapter that completed their penance with sending a training cadre to train marines they don’t even share lineage with, no thought ever given to them birthing a new chapter from their seed.

I’ve fleshed quite a bit of their fluff out in my Index Astartes article on them in the Liber section (see signature link). While the trend has been to load up Works In Progress threads with tons of fluff, I’d like to see more traffic and projects in that gem of a sub-forum. Seriously, some of the articles in Liber by some of our members is downright inspiring. Feel free to take a look :)

Great and bold conversions! Loving it all, the Indomitus guys especially!
You've managed to make the BG Ancient parts work in my eyes (and that's something as I really cannot force myself to like this sculpt :D)
Please continue good sir ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That is an awesome kitbash! Nice mix of parts that flows. Dynamic posing and backstory to boot!

I appreciate the kind comments!

Great and bold conversions! Loving it all, the Indomitus guys especially!

You've managed to make the BG Ancient parts work in my eyes (and that's something as I really cannot force myself to like this sculpt :D)

Please continue good sir ;)

Definitely a great box for DA/BA/BT chapters, lends itself so nicely to that flavour. I agree with you though, the BG Ancient was a hard no for me too.

Little WIP shot of my Libby-on-Bike:

EKxHSh.jpg

The Hounds recruit from a psychically-challenged Homeworld, and so have had to get creative with psychic criminals and heretics they and the Ecclesiarchy have captured during their crusade.

That bike conversion is absolutely gorgeous. Is the main body of the rider? the Primaris Librarian? Or did you build it out of another kit?

Also, as for your lore, does that imply that they are recruiting Librarians from these populations, or is it more like they use them as psychic "batteries," as your conversion seems to imply?

That bike conversion is absolutely gorgeous. Is the main body of the rider? the Primaris Librarian? Or did you build it out of another kit?

Also, as for your lore, does that imply that they are recruiting Librarians from these populations, or is it more like they use them as psychic "batteries," as your conversion seems to imply?

The front half of the torso is the techmarine primaris gunner from the Repulsor Kit. It shared the main stylings of the Primaris Librarian Kit, and just needed a little shave (Mechanicum emblem chest).

As far as the lore goes, it’s the latter. Only the female genome carries the psychic mutation on my DIY Homeworld, so the poor sap strapped to the back of the bike is definitely just a battery. I’ve had the idea kicking around for some time now, and the new Sister kits provided a nice representation of the ‘battery’, the trick was making it work with an on-foot model. The size of the primaris bike solved that for now— I’ll try a pared-down, man-portable version soon :)

The front half of the torso is the techmarine primaris gunner from the Repulsor Kit. It shared the main stylings of the Primaris Librarian Kit, and just needed a little shave (Mechanicum emblem chest).

As far as the lore goes, it’s the latter. Only the female genome carries the psychic mutation on my DIY Homeworld, so the poor sap strapped to the back of the bike is definitely just a battery. I’ve had the idea kicking around for some time now, and the new Sister kits provided a nice representation of the ‘battery’, the trick was making it work with an on-foot model. The size of the primaris bike solved that for now— I’ll try a pared-down, man-portable version soon :smile.:

That's just fantastic lore. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a man portable version, your conversions are very inspiring!

• 7 months later...

+++

Omega Hounds Chaplaincy selected…

++++

Searching accounts of [REDACTED]

Omega HoundsLord Khortoch, High-Chaplain

+++++

Load complete:

AAmQHS.jpg
Lord Khortoch, High-Chaplain of the Omega Hounds

S
o it had come to massacre. It always did, Lord Khortoch thought as he surveyed the ruin.

The cultists had entrenched themselves in ad-hoc fortifications exhumed from the graveyard of broken Chimeras and battered Leman Russ Battle Tanks that had littered Zitann Prime’s outer metropolitan limits. The Order of The Risen Wives had spent innumerable amounts of Penitent Engines and Arco-Flagellants in a futile, gore-soaked attempt to break the lines of the gene-enhanced Khorne worshippers. 

Lord Khortoch smirked under his Death’s Face as the skies above him curdled with thunder, the brilliant red hues of twin setting suns reflecting a theatre of war that no doubt inspired the horrors beyond the veil. The smile would fade though, as it always did, the memory of hundreds of lives taken— thousands perhaps, unable to quench his own horrors, the Hound within gnawing to break loose. Khortoch sighed, closed his eyes, and mouthed silent prayers to the Emperor. It was not something to be vanquished. It was something to rise above. Always. He threw a somber look behind him.

“Swing up on my left, Orthus.”

A far-off hum sharply grew into a deafening drum as four Repulsors pounded broken rubble into dust, crudely floating unnaturally up beside him and deploying dozens of Primaris Astartes in an instant. Greeting Orthus with an Adlanian hand gesture, his gaze still set upon the enemy, Khortoch motioned beyond him.

“This will test us, Brother-Chaplain. Our Hounds face a rabid horde completely unbound from any leash we hold upon our own. Be ready to administer the Emperor’s Mercy to those of us who fall. May Guilliman see us true.”

“If the Master of War forsakes us, worry not, Lord Khortoch. For my Judicars will not.”

Darros, High-Judicar of the Omega Hounds boldly strode beside the two Chaplains, his Executioner Relic Blade hung over his shoulder, the red of the sunset a grim foreshadow glinting from its length. 

Khortoch’s smile returned. He remembered the first Khortoch, the Death Speaker. Temper thy wrath, the fallen Chapter Master had preached. Any imperfections or blemishes on the path to hardening the Chapter would be cleansed in the fires of war, be it by his hand or the enemy’s. Tonight he would make the namesake of his honorific proud. 

Tonight the Hounds of Adlan would be unleashed.

+++

Primaris Astartes personnel selected…

++++Searching Inquiry…

Omega Hounds, Lord Khortoch , High-Chaplain, The Voice of The Council of Khortoch

+++++

Accessing Zitann Breach Pict-Logs

+++++

Searching Pict-Capture Inquiry…

Lord Khortoch

++++++

Load complete:

aMed2p.jpg

3RKE2V.jpg

NkF0Y1.jpg

fIPMUh.jpg

a6ojsJ.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spent a fun Friday evening bashing this guy up! I’m happy with him so far. And look! Only one resin bit. That’s a record for me with Space Marines. More to follow soon. Maybe. 

Edited by KBA

Very nicely done. Definitely one of the more unique Chapter designs I've seen in a while and really well made, you've made some really nice conversions here.

Thanks Doghouse! I appreciate your encouragement. If you ever have time to read my 5,000 word (gulp lol) Index Astartes article on the Omega Hounds, I’d appreciate any criticism and feedback. It’s been kind of bobbing up and down over in Liber, and I could really use a fresh set of eyes at this point.

Quite inspired stuff here, diggin' the theme of the chapter. The chaplain looks intimidating, the head in particular is a good fit.

Thank you, Sherrypie! That particular head has been in the bitz-box for ages, and I was happy to finally put it to use.