Repressor

Commisarp

Sounds like I need to get off the bench and build one of the Repressor conversions I've been sitting on. At that points cost, it would be foolish not to have a few in my inventory

They have the same Keywords as the other Sororitas transports and can only transport <Order> Infantry.

So it cannot transport non-SoB Ministorum units? Well, there goes my counts-as idea. Wanted to use it for Crusaders (Arbites) and Arco-Flagellants (Cyber-Mastiffs), which is kinda funny as in the background it originally was an Arbites vehicle.

Edited by JaqTaar

Doesn't that mean you can stick on the second Heavy Flamer and essentially have a substantially better Immolation Flamer Immolator for only a handful of points more?

The difference is range. The Immolation Flamer has 4" more.

Also the immolation flamer is assault so it's 4+d6 inches more. So you could spend those points for a significantly worse immolation flamer.

I was at the Origins Game Convention last week and GW/Forge World were there. I asked about the Repressor and they told me that although its in the catalogue, that it is currently not in production.

I also experienced something that definitely brought home the change that has come over GW: when I bought my Imperial Index from their booth they asked me my shirt size, and then GAVE me a T-shirt for free. Yeah, free. GW. I admit I stared at the guy for a second. (And then thanked him!) Its black with a small 40K logo on the front left breast and the Ultramarine from p. 61 of the rulebook  on the back. Its pretty nice.

I was at the Origins Game Convention last week and GW/Forge World were there. I asked about the Repressor and they told me that although its in the catalogue, that it is currently not in production.

I got much the same via email some time back.

The last repressor I bought from them (a long time ago) had shrunk to the point that it didn't really fit onto the rhino anymore, and the windows didn't fit into the top properly either. It is possible the mold was on its last legs when they pulled it and they needed an (expensive) new cut from the master.

I also experienced something that definitely brought home the change that has come over GW: when I bought my Imperial Index from their booth they asked me my shirt size, and then GAVE me a T-shirt for free. Yeah, free. GW. I admit I stared at the guy for a second. (And then thanked him!) Its black with a small 40K logo on the front left breast and the Ultramarine from p. 61 of the rulebook  on the back. Its pretty nice.

Should have asked them about Veridyan and about our Superiors being illegally armed based on the index vs. what the model is sculpted with. >.>

They have the same Keywords as the other Sororitas transports and can only transport <Order> Infantry.

So it cannot transport non-SoB Ministorum units? Well, there goes my counts-as idea. Wanted to use it for Crusaders (Arbites) and Arco-Flagellants (Cyber-Mastiffs), which is kinda funny as in the background it originally was an Arbites vehicle.

That's not true, both the Sister's Rhino and Immolator say under their transport options: can transport 6 Adeptus Ministorium Infantry.

I don't know about the Repressor, but that's what Immolator and Sister's Rhino say.

Edit: Well, the Sister's Rhino says it can carry 10, not 6, but both do say Adeptus Ministorum Infantry.

Edited by Hod

It's natural to assume that the Repressor uses the same wording as the Rhino and Immolator. However, there's a picture of the rules floating around and it indeed says <order> infantry only.

Here's hoping it gets FAQed.

It's natural to assume that the Repressor uses the same wording as the Rhino and Immolator. However, there's a picture of the rules floating around and it indeed says <order> infantry only.

Here's hoping it gets FAQed.

Never assume when it comes to GW

The Repressor very specifically states it can only carry up to 10 <Order> Adepta Sororitas Infantry without Jump Packs. I very seriously doubt this will get FAQ'd any time soon, especially given the Designer Commentary doesn't mention Celestine (being unique or her ability concerning AoFs) or Imagifiers.

CaptainMarsh, you sure can!

I already have my book on the way, silly. I was just wanting to see if someone had an image. I try and get a game a day in and the quicker I can find an image, the quicker I can get to playing. I have the Sicaran and Moloc, just need the Repressor for the three models I have and care to use that are in this book.:P

A Rhino isn't that much cheaper. For 13 points (the cost of a plasma gun) you get:

+2W

+1WS

-1 AP in melee

+6 attacks when charging infantry

the ability for 6 models to fire out

a Heavy Flamer

Unless you're strapped for points, the only reason I see to take Rhinos is to transport non-Sororitas units, Imagifiers, Dialogus, or Hospitallers.

Edited by taikishi

I still don't like going mass repressors (didn't think very highly of it in 7th either).

1-2 is basically auto include but 4+ and you're losing target saturation and immolators with their 12" anti-deepstrike flamers are just fantastic for screening.

I definitely wouldn't put more than 1 domi/ret squad in one.You're either wasting points on weapons that can't shoot or bodies that would be more useful elsewhere depending on how you kit out the squads.

I was really thinking about making one for my Inquisitor to start with (and for sisters when a plastic kit gets made... yeah...) but now I'm just going to stick the fancy turret back on my Taurox and go with a Taurox Prime. Pound for pound the best transport for the Imperium in 8th, with this a close second.

I hope they bring the model back into production, It's a favourite of mine.

I still don't like going mass repressors (didn't think very highly of it in 7th either).

1-2 is basically auto include but 4+ and you're losing target saturation and immolators with their 12" anti-deepstrike flamers are just fantastic for screening.

I definitely wouldn't put more than 1 domi/ret squad in one.You're either wasting points on weapons that can't shoot or bodies that would be more useful elsewhere depending on how you kit out the squads.

I never cared for spamming units either.  Mostly for asthetics to be honest.  Also, we have so few options already I hate to limit the army even more by using only one thing.

With the ram, this really wants to be a close combat delivery transport.

However, with the now hard to come by Fire Ports ability it wants to be a short/mid ranged support vehicle.

I am pondering a unit of Dominions and a unit of Repentia in the vehicle but that would loose the initial move the Dominions would normally get.  In that case why not use Battle Sisters with storm bolters?

The more I think about it the more the ram seems like it will be a secondary option.  A way to fight back when assaulted.  Otherwise lI'll use it as a fire support base.