Repressor

Commisarp

A Rhino isn't that much cheaper. For 13 points (the cost of a plasma gun) you get:

+2W

+1WS

-1 AP in melee

+6 attacks when charging infantry

the ability for 6 models to fire out

a Heavy Flamer

Unless you're strapped for points, the only reason I see to take Rhinos is to transport non-Sororitas units, Imagifiers, Dialogus, or Hospitallers.

Rhino is 73

Repressor with dual heavy flamers and a stormbolter is 107.

I know you don't have to take dual heavy flamers, but also, if your taking a Repressor, you should. It's the tankiest platform for those 17 points, and you are already going to be using it close range. There is literally no reason not too.

Edited by Beams

There is literally no reason not too.

As long as you don't move :)

But I understnad what you mean.

Also, the cheapest you can get a Sororitas Rhino is 77 points.  Don't forget to include the stormbolter.

Actually, Inquisitors just ignore faction keywords when getting in transports. So since <Order> is a faction keyword that can ride in a Repressor, but they can't ride in transports like the Land Speeder Storm, which requires units to have the Scout keyword, which is not a faction keyword (at least, that's what I heard in the Imperial Agents forum, and it makes sense). Edited by Servant of Dante

A Rhino isn't that much cheaper. For 13 points (the cost of a plasma gun) you get:

+2W

+1WS

-1 AP in melee

+6 attacks when charging infantry

the ability for 6 models to fire out

a Heavy Flamer

Unless you're strapped for points, the only reason I see to take Rhinos is to transport non-Sororitas units, Imagifiers, Dialogus, or Hospitallers.

Rhino is 73

Repressor with dual heavy flamers and a stormbolter is 107.

I know you don't have to take dual heavy flamers, but also, if your taking a Repressor, you should. It's the tankiest platform for those 17 points, and you are already going to be using it close range. There is literally no reason not too.

Rhino is 77, you have to buy the storm bolter.

There is literally no reason not too.

As long as you don't move :)

But I understnad what you mean.

Also, the cheapest you can get a Sororitas Rhino is 77 points. Don't forget to include the stormbolter.

Yeah, I guess I forgot the stormbolter.

It is the ability for six models to shoot out of the vehicle that are the biggest thing and make it worth those points. Dominions and Rets benefit greatly. Battle Sisters, not so much, but then again I like running Max Squads on them and footslogging.

I now it's not a "Sisters" thing, but it might be powerful to put six Inquisition Acolytes with Plasma Guns in a Repressor and just roll around plasma-ing things to death.  The longer range might make it a more impressive bunker.

For Sisters, maybe toss 10 Retributors with 6 Multi-meltas between them.  They'll get penalties for moving and shooting, but they can safely (and quickly) advance to melta range.  Alternatively, 10 Dominions with 6 Meltas between them could get into melta range turn one without needing to get out of the tank.

2 squads of 5 Dominions each with 3 meltaguns = 202 points

5 Dominions and a Canoness with 4 melta and 2 combi-melta = 201 points

The Canoness version would lose Vanguard move but gain re-rolls of 1 to hit.
Ammusingly, it will have the same number of Wounds either way. :)

Don't mind me; I'm still thnking out loud.

It comes down to whether they were considered to have been in close combat the turn before. If not, they're fine. If they are considered in combat, they can't. I believe embarked units don't count as being on the battlefield; technically therefore, they are not in combat, and should be able to fire.

It comes down to whether they were considered to have been in close combat the turn before. If not, they're fine. If they are considered in combat, they can't. I believe embarked units don't count as being on the battlefield; technically therefore, they are not in combat, and should be able to fire.

Sounds right..and if so, that means the repressor could end up being a slightly better transport than a flamer immolator. If you take it barebones, it's incredibly cheap and a reliable source of wound padding for a squad of heavy/special weapons

I made one out of the top of a vidicator and some plasticard, but that took a while. The only other way to get them now it paying 100+ usd on ebay or by buying the upgrade kits from recasters...
Basically the same deal with all the new special characters. You'd have to buy the old command squad from ebay or from recasters too.

I used my Repressor yesterday in my first game of 8th. I played against Tyranids. I took the Repressor as a dedicated transport for my a squad of 5 Retributors with 4 Heavy Bolters. Transports are very durable now and the ability to shoot out of them is a precious thing, making the Repressor and it's six shooting models worth its weight in gold. I parked in a good position with clear lanes of fire with BSS in Immolators nearby for close support.

The Repressor kept my Retributors alive and firing, taking all kinds of wounds and mortal wounds on their behalf. Without the protection of the battle bus the Rets would have probably been dead Turn 2. Instead they lived until the bottom of the 5th when the spore mines finally got to them.

Whether they would have done more shooting with an Imagifier attached to them is something to think about, but when considering the usefulness of the Repressor itself I think pretty highly of it, as did my opponent who was very happy when he finally broke it open.

Another note: it survived a melee encounter with a Mawloc.

So, just played a big game.

Main Take Aways:

Repressors are pretty boss. It burned tons of stuff (5d6 flamers and 2d6 h flamers) and survived an insane amount of damage throw it's way. Easily made it's points back. I would definitely consider taking a few of these.

Also, tied up some blobs by charging into them, and using the dozer blade. Didn't do much damage, but stopped the enemy from shooting other stuff.

Edited by Beams

For precedent, DE have a rule that says they can't shoot from inside. Repressor doesn't.

Mhm. It's very possible that the guys at Forgeworld simply weren't exhaustive enough in explaining the rule, but the Dark Eldar's Open Topped rule makes it very clear that any shooting restrictions or modifiers that apply to the transport apply to the unit within (even if the transport itself can Fall Back and shoot thanks to Fly), while the Repressor only states that the unit within counts as moving if the Repressor itself did. RAW there's a solid enough argument that the unit in a Repressor should be able to shoot in the same turn that the Repressor made a Fall Back move simply because the rules make no mentions of other modifiers or restrictions applying to them beyond the movement penalty.

I made one out of the top of a vidicator and some plasticard, but that took a while. The only other way to get them now it paying 100+ usd on ebay or by buying the upgrade kits from recasters...

Basically the same deal with all the new special characters. You'd have to buy the old command squad from ebay or from recasters too.

IRC i belive GW still has SoB command squads on their website

• 3 weeks later...