FW index available to purchase/download

Sception

The epub3 (ugh, such a wretched format) is available to download from the warhammer digital page.

Had I realized they were making the FW books available I wouldn't have ordered a physical copy.  Anyway, I got the digital.  I'm going to bed, so I'm not available to answer questions for a few hours, but will talk a bit about the dreadclaw before I nod off, since it's the main thing I got the book for.

First thing that stick's out is that it's expensive.  10 power, 200 points, T7, 10 wounds, 3+ save.  Transport capacity 10 <legion> or <mark> infantry, termies & jumps count twice. instead can transport one helbrute or chaos contemptor.  Melee weapon isn't bad, and can regain wounds by inflicting casualties in close combat, but loses attacks with damage and doesn't have many to start.  Has a d6 autohit pistol that targets every unit in 6", friend & foe, can't use it if it would hit more friendly units than enemies.  15" move.  Alternatively, can deep strike it.  Lands more than 9" from any enemy at the end of your movement phase, & any embarked units must immediately disembark, while also remaining more than 9" from any enemy.

Not sure if it's quite what I envisioned, and the cost in particular is pretty high, but I'm too tired to pass judgment right now.  At least it doesn't eat your own models?

For 5 power / 100 points more, the kharybdis looks a lot more impressive at first glance.  Double the capacity (except for dreads, it can still only carry one of those), more than half again as many wounds, a lot more attacks both at melee and range, a nasty charge attack against vehicles & monsters.  I could just imagine a Kharybdis-based attack wave comprised of 8 'zerkers, and 2x5 Havocs, and a couple HQs.  Could be very nasty.  Sadly, I don't have a kharybdis, so I guess I'll never know.

Edited by malisteen

Hmmmmm.....not sold in that. Glad I held off before buying. How does the Deredeo fair? I have one that I am thinking of repurposing to the Legion.

And also everybody's favourite tank if you get a chance - the Sicaran :D My whole heavy support is Forge World based, so a lot hinges on this book for me as I also roll with Hades Rapiers and have Spartan I am itching to build (a LoW now so I believe?) So....hurry up Mr Postman :D

Hmmmmm.....not sold in that. Glad I held off before buying. How does the Deredeo fair? I have one that I am thinking of repurposing to the Legion.

And also everybody's favourite tank if you get a chance - the Sicaran :biggrin.: My whole heavy support is Forge World based, so a lot hinges on this book for me as I also roll with Hades Rapiers and have Spartan I am itching to build (a LoW now so I believe?) So....hurry up Mr Postman :biggrin.:

The dorito is awesome.

BS 2+ (degrading) S7 T7 W14 3+

Default is armed with a Butcher cannon array (same as the leviathan).

Can swap for ectoplasma battery Heavy 5 overcharged plasma all the time OR a Dual Malignata Saker! Which is Heavy 2 S* AP -5 D 1D6.

To wound you roll 3D6 against enemy Ld, if equal or high enemy is wounded.

And it can take a Greater Havoc Launcher :D

The dakka version it's just 232 ^_^

And also everybody's favourite tank if you get a chance - the Sicaran :biggrin.: My whole heavy support is Forge World based, so a lot hinges on this book for me as I also roll with Hades Rapiers and have Spartan I am itching to build (a LoW now so I believe?) So....hurry up Mr Postman :biggrin.:

The dorito is awesome.

BS 2+ (degrading) S7 T7 W14 3+

Default is armed with a Butcher cannon array (same as the leviathan).

Can swap for ectoplasma battery Heavy 5 overcharged plasma all the time OR a Dual Malignata Saker! Which is Heavy 2 S* AP -5 D 1D6.

To wound you roll 3D6 against enemy Ld, if equal or high enemy is wounded.

And it can take a Greater Havoc Launcher :D

The dakka version it's just 232 ^_^

That sounds quite saucey really - though I take it not so good with the anti-air as I was hoping (always been a bit of a weakness with my chaos as I dislike Heldrakes) I may bust out the magnets - mine currently has the autocannons and ailos launcher.

It have the Helical Targeting Array (+1 to hit FLY if remains stationary).

Since AC are Heavy 2 and the Dodo have 4 of those, they can be used as butcher array I guess, because its heavy 8, and the aiolos would make a great Great Havoc Launcher (Heavy 3D3 S6 AP -1 D1).

Cheers!

It have the Helical Targeting Array (+1 to hit FLY if remains stationary).

Since AC are Heavy 2 and the Dodo have 4 of those, they can be used as butcher array I guess, because its heavy 8, and the aiolos would make a great Great Havoc Launcher (Heavy 3D3 S6 AP -1 D1).

Cheers!

Oh no - queue evil, manic laughter - I have two Butcher Cannons from the Decimator which I was going to convert for my B@C Contemptor, they will however be going straight on the Dodo now and I will magnetise some fiend Ectoplasma Cannons too which leaves just that last nasty looking option to come up with......B)

Also, any news on the Sicaran?

Cheers man :)

Played a game today with the Dreadclaw and loved it.

I was expecting a 200pt price tag so when it turned out to be exactly 200pts I was unsurprised. Being worth double that of a loyalist Drop Pod makes sense in that it can move and be a royal pain. Only thing I don't like is that the transported unit is forced to disembark on the turn it arrives, I do wish they could stay embarked.

In my game, the 'claw dropped in on turn 1 and delivered Khârn and 9 Berzerkers into the heart of a Space Wolves army. Having the Icon of Wrath reroll was crucial, and Khârn was lucky on his own.

Lots in this book that I want to try.

Aren't daemons marked infantry?

The way it works is that the dreadclaw's <Mark of Chaos> keyword gets replaced by the name of whatever god you choose to mark it with (or dropped if you choose undivided).  So if you give the claw the mark of khorne, then it has the 'Khorne' keyword, and you replace all instances of <Mark of Chaos> with 'Khorne' in its description, which would allow it to field 'Khorne' infantry, including Khorne Daemon infantry.  So, yeah, the dreadclaw, and Kharybdis (but not the spartan or land raider variants, which are limited to transporting <Legion> units) can transport daemons.

Do you have the rules for the greater plague drone?

Thanks

Fast attack, power 11, 200 points (with its weapons, which cost extra), T7, 12 Wounds, 3+/5++ saves, heals a wound every turn, Move 14" (degrading), gets a free 9" move before the game starts (that cannot be used to move within 9" of an enemy).  it's main gun is basically a twin linked autocannon that gets an AP boost on shots that score a 6+ to wound.  Its other weapons are a S8 pistol and 3 (degrading) S6 (degrading) melee attacks, both AP-2, Damage d3, both re-rolling 1s to wound (the main gun does not re-roll wounds).  explodes on a 4+ when slain for D3 mortal wounds on nearby units.  Faction Keywords are Chaos, Nurgle, Heretic Astartes, and <Legion>, so non-Death Guard Nurgle Legions can take it without mixing in Death Guard units.  It has Daemon as a regular keyword, not a Faction Keyword, along with Daemon Engine and Fly.  Ballistic skill is 3+, notably better than most daemon engines.

It looks good, but the cost feels kind of high for its offensive output.  Then again, I've really got not metric of measuring that in 8e yet, so maybe its not.

What is a hellforged predator? And can they have the option to be demonically possessed in this book?

Can knights also have any option to be demonic too?

The hellforged pred is... weird.  Used to be the relic predator was just a chaos predator with some different weapon options, now...

Ok, so it's a predator, but +2 power rating, and similar points cost increase, weaponry depending, which include some variant turrets (a 2d3 shot plasma turret, a 2d6 shot heavy flamer, a 24 inch d3 shot melta cannon, coolest but maybe not the best or most synergistic being a move-or-fire single conversion beam that, at range 48.1 to 72 is S10, -3AP, 3d3 damage, and causes 2d6 additional S6, AP0, D1 hits on any unit that suffers a casualty from the main shot).

But then it also has fixed 4 melee attacks instead of 3(degrading) like a normal predator, and it gains extra melee attacks on the charge, AND instead of WS 6+ it has WS (5+), which improves with damage taken up to 3+ when it's on it's last couple wounds.  And for every model it kills in melee roll a die at the end of the turn, and for each 5+ it heals a wound (the dreadclaw and kharybdis have the same rule, looks like all the 'Helforged' stuff does).

It can be marked, but it isn't daemonic.

The FW knight variants and the Titans also aren't daemonic, and they can't even be marked.

Played a game today with the Dreadclaw and loved it.

I was expecting a 200pt price tag so when it turned out to be exactly 200pts I was unsurprised. Being worth double that of a loyalist Drop Pod makes sense in that it can move and be a royal pain. Only thing I don't like is that the transported unit is forced to disembark on the turn it arrives, I do wish they could stay embarked.

It has like a 15" move, and you don't have to deep strike it, so you could just deploy in it and move up the board like a normal transport, in which case the forced disembark would never trigger.

Do you have the rules for the greater plague drone?

Thanks

PL 11 T7 W12 Sv 3+, start with 14+ move (degrading) Has daemonic 5++, regenerates a wound every turn, gets a 9" scout move

Has a Reaper Autocannon that is AP -3 on to wound 6. and a S8 AP -2 pistol

What is a hellforged predator? And can they have the option to be demonically possessed in this book?

Can knights also have any option to be demonic too?

Regenerates wounds, has a couple of funky CC attacks. Can get Plasma Destroyer, C-beam Cannon and Magna-Melta Cannons.

So it's a daemonic Predator that has some extra turret options and wants to eat your face! :D

Renegade Knights get a rule that let's them heal a wound every turn on a 5+ The more funky named ones get better saves, some reduce enemy Ld.

I didn't have time to read through the whole book and I have a headache. But feel free to ask.

Guest ShinKosh

I have the digital book. I can answer some questions but I won't publish entire profiles here, since I don't want to get banned :smile.:

Whats the deal with the Contemptor's inv save these days? Is it a flat roll like the normal one or something a little more funky like the last version?