FW index available to purchase/download

Sception

The Sicaran has T7 14W and a 3+ save. When on full health it can move up to 14' and hits on a 3+. The sponsons can either be lascannons or heavy bolters as usual, but the star of the show, the twin accelerator autocannon, now does 8 s7 shots at -1 ap with 2 damage each. It also hits flyers normally without any negatives, and rolls of a 6 to wound makes the ap -3.

Agreed. It doesn''t have the daemonic keyword or anything like that - but seeing as it can eat people to gain health I think it's safe to say that fluffwise, you're not dealing with leprechauns.

Fluff-wise, sure, I just wanted to be clear that it wouldn't be benefitting from, say, the aura effects of daemonic heralds or the like.

Rapiers are looking nuts. Quad heavy bolters have 12 shots each, and a laser destroyer can do anything from 1 to 18 damage per wound.  7 on average. The rapier itself wants to fight in melee and regenerates wounds if it eats anyone,which is hilarious.

Edit: Yeah I was unclear Malisteen, thanks for correcting me. :)

Edited by Heliomanes

Agreed. It doesn''t have the daemonic keyword or anything like that - but seeing as it can eat people to gain health I think it's safe to say that fluffwise, you're not dealing with leprechauns.

Fluff-wise, sure, I just wanted to be clear that it wouldn't be benefitting from, say, the aura effects of daemonic heralds or the like.

This is perfect thanks guys. I was wanting to know from a fluff perspective anyway, so it is daemonic from a fluff view

Guest ShinKosh

With equipment, depending on your loadout, it looks like the Fire Raptor can get over 350 points.

The invuln save on the contemptor is 5+ against shooting and overwatch, and 4+ in melee.

Awesome, thanks!

The Sicaran is looking like a good awnser to fliers and hoards, give it as many heavy bolters as you can and watch the dakka fly?
How does the Venator compare? I'm debating between a normal Sicaran, venator, leviathan or Doredro for my Thousand sons.
This does look like it could solve a lot to problems with Chaos though.

The venator is hilarious. Pretty much the same chassis, but his main gun is a "malignatas beam laser", which doesn't roll to wound normally. Instead, you have to take a leadership test on 3d6 - if you fail, you take 2d6 damage. 1 shot, ap-5. If it killed anyone the preceding turn, then you roll another damage die and discard the lowest.

The contemptor can exchange one or both deathclaws (with combibolter) with:
chainclaws (with combibolter)
twin heavy bolter
multimelta (not twin? why? FW only sells twin multimeltas for contemptors.)
twin autocannon
ectoplasma cannon
kheres assault cannon
c-beam cannon  (new name for the conversion beamer)
or a butcher cannon.

The combibolters can be exchanged for hellflamers, ectoplasma blasters (giggle), or soulburners.

Yeah I think they look quite good. I have two Osiron dreadnaughts painted and ready to go, and I'm really looking forward to fielding them. FW haven't included any amendments for making them Legion X or Y though, so RAW we can't play any of the included units as Thousand Sons or Death Guard because of the lists in the GW index saying: "only the following units can be Death Guard or Thousand sons".

A proper codex should kill off that numbskullery. For now I'll use my contemptors as Legion: Not Thousand Sons, along with my Sekhmet Terminators - and add them in with the regular Kson units in their detachments as normal. They just won't get the command aura benefits from Magnus, Ahriman and Exalted Sorcerers.

I'm digging blood slaughterers. 10" base move (before degrading) + 6" advance automatically means he's covering ground quickly. Also, is now a fast attack choice. Can't be summoned, unfortunately, but is still great against infantry.

Twin lascannon/autocannon and a fist of sorts with an inbuilt whatever seems like a decent mix of weaponry to handle lots of targets. Soulburners sound pretty cool, especially since it's hits that cause mortal wounds and bs starts at 2+.

Gotta say, I'm a little stumped as to why they removed upgrade options like havoc launchers and inbuilt meltaguns from contemptors. Neither are overpowered at all, and the parts/products exist. They're making less money for no good reason. Obviously not the biggest deal, just a bit odd.

Don't forger the cherry on the Sicarian : Is Autocannon are Assalt weapon. So you can advance and still shoot, or move and still shoot at full BS, crush a Flyers and eat some infantry to heal (not sure this part is actually worth it, but assault weapon on autocannon are great). 

Yeah I think they look quite good. I have two Osiron dreadnaughts painted and ready to go, and I'm really looking forward to fielding them. FW haven't included any amendments for making them Legion X or Y though, so RAW we can't play any of the included units as Thousand Sons or Death Guard because of the lists in the GW index saying: "only the following units can be Death Guard or Thousand sons".

A proper codex should kill off that numbskullery. For now I'll use my contemptors as Legion: Not Thousand Sons, along with my Sekhmet Terminators - and add them in with the regular Kson units in their detachments as normal. They just won't get the command aura benefits from Magnus, Ahriman and Exalted Sorcerers

I really, really hope no one tries to argue this, any hope of a clarification/confirmation TS/DG can take the FW units?

Text say

A hellforge contemptor may replace one deathclaw and one combi-bolter with one of the following -

list of weapons.

But bloody hell i did not see they took away the normal melta. :censored:

So how does that stop dualkheres? All it does is specify that in order to get one kheres, you have to trade one deathclaw and one combi-weapon. If you want two kheres, then you trade two and two.

It specifies what you have to trade in order to receive, that's it. Not that you can only do it once.

Well, let's put it this way. If we put it into the interpretation that only one deathclaw and one combi-weapon can be traded, then you can only trade once, period. Meaning you will be stuck with one cc arm and one, whatever arm you trade for.

So, there's a lot more than just hoping that I'm right.

Is there any fluff background in there or is it just datasheets, rules, and wargear lists like the Chaos Index?