Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FW index available to purchase/download

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 189 posts
This email, if legitimate, seems like it will eliminate any issues: https://www.dakkadak...ach/267109.page
  • Brother Aiwass and Heliomanes like this
Untitled_zps417f1393.png

malisteen

malisteen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,068 posts

More generous even than I expected.  Rapiers in particular I had feared would not be legal for the cult legions, given their non-cult crew members.

gallery_48988_13169_5567.png

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,902 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords
https://s3media.247s...287/3287431.gif

Who knew this would be the result?
  • Petitioner's City likes this

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,127 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dusk Raiders/Grave Wardens
Holy crap, is this for real?!

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
banner.jpg?w=450L_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 189 posts

Holy crap, is this for real?!

No idea. It was just a post someone made (not me) in the Dakka forums. It looks real, but it is a lot more specific (an actual answer as opposed to a forwarding of a request to answer at some unnamed time) than FW usually sends.
Untitled_zps417f1393.png

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,033 posts
  • Chapter Name: Warp Locusts, AdMech

It is too logical a response for it to be real. Legions =/= Death Guard or Thousands Sons, don't be ridiculous. :P

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.png

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,420 posts
  • Chapter Name: Khârn's Butcherhorde
The "future publications" thing is a relic of the past and just as frustrating as it's always been.

:cuss that. Take 5 minutes and release a FAQ/erratum the way GW does, and the way they used to once upon a time. If they're embracing digital rules, don't half-ass it!

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Infernal

I wonder if they'll be FAQing it so we can take Vindicator laser destroyers again...

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts

Luke Taylor has answered forge world emails before

Spoiler

And I can't imagine the email being fake - it feels right smile.png But what needs to happen is it go online - on the Facebook page, on the main site, and in a revised epub3. Whether that happens is another question.

Edited by Petitioner's City, 21 June 2017 - 09:44 PM.

• Juggernut likes this

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Spoiler

lajetee.jpg

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,902 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords
Apparently Forgeworld reserves their facebook page for announcements, not rules discussion. So we might see something on the main Warhammer 40,000 page, but that's it.

As for revised digitals, they already said that part of the format was so that would be easier, so a revision is inevitable, even if it's to throw a FAQ in the back.

So what will probably happen is that a FAQ will be announced and then you'll just have to redownload your digital IA if you can't remember "All Legions have access to all FW units".

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 865 posts

From now on I am designing Thousand Sons lists with contemptors, Leviathans, and Sicarans! wooo!!!

• Plaguecaster likes this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,694 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hexfleet Virules
After seeing this I ordered two decimators with dual soul burners each. Going to be awesome in either a Death Guard army or a nurgle daemon epidemius army. 4d3 ranged mortal wounds for each hit, on a fast durable platform, for 150 points was too good to pass up.
  • Brother Aiwass and Hellex_The_Thanatar like this

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,420 posts
  • Chapter Name: Khârn's Butcherhorde

Got my leviathan's body today, won't be able to work on him for a while but I have some big plans! 2 Dreadclaws should arrive soon too. Fun times ahead. If the Renegade list has access to the models I own I'll be over the moon.

• Brother Aiwass likes this

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,025 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
Hehe I was planning on running a leviathan but I am am so in love with Derederos I plan on running two both with heavy bolters and the greater havoc launcher but one rocking the butcher cannon array whilst the other has the malignatas saker . I love the saker gun as it looks brutal especially with a couple of butcher cannon Contemptors plus all the LD debuff shennigans from playing Nurgle Death Guard and I'll be guaranteed wounding any of the larger model tanks or creatures I encounter :D just need to work out a cool conversion for the malignatas saker gun 🤔 As I already got an idea for the butcher cannon

Where Monsters Tread: A Chymeriae WarbandUPDATED 05/02/17

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay COMPLETED!!!!!​
UPDATED 28/05/17

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,650 posts
Has anyone had any experience with the Hellblade yet? I took a glance at the rules for it and it seems a little iffy. On the plus side, it can make two 90 degree turns per movement phase, but im really going to miss the blink ability it had. Im also a little confused about the purpose of the +1 to hit against flyers. Its a 3+ BS unit, so unless Im wrong (which I very well may be. Still learning the new rules), its still only hitting on 3+ when it moves and shoots because all of its weapon options are heavy. Seems a littlw redundant. Not that Im complaining for a 150 pt price tag.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

Has anyone had any experience with the Hellblade yet? I took a glance at the rules for it and it seems a little iffy. On the plus side, it can make two 90 degree turns per movement phase, but im really going to miss the blink ability it had. Im also a little confused about the purpose of the +1 to hit against flyers. Its a 3+ BS unit, so unless Im wrong (which I very well may be. Still learning the new rules), its still only hitting on 3+ when it moves and shoots because all of its weapon options are heavy. Seems a littlw redundant. Not that Im complaining for a 150 pt price tag.

I think GW tend to differentiate flyers aiming on the ground (as the nephilim) and aiming other flyers. 

In fact most of flyer got the "hard to hit" malus, so a Nephilim who want to lascanon a hellblade got CT3+ -1 (shot with heavy after moving) -1 (hard to hit rules) so 5+ (at full Hp). 

On the other hand an Hellblade aiming a Nephilim got a 4+ to hit

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users