New Issodon Rules - Sneaky Peaky

The Yak

Also reading it again I'd say the ability for the unit to show up any turn is big. It's like giving three Power Armor units the ability to teleport. You don't need to expose your units until the optimal time, that's quite powerful right there as you can just wait to see what your Maelstorm cards are before dropping the hammer.

Also reading it again I'd say the ability for the unit to show up any turn is big. It's like giving three Power Armor units the ability to teleport. You don't need to expose your units until the optimal time, that's quite powerful right there as you can just wait to see what your Maelstorm cards are before dropping the hammer.

Exactly. 'Oh I have capture three objectives and objective one and three? Well ill just drop my units on both of those and a new empty one! Thanks for the victory points!'

This. You can wait until after deployment, and after the enemy advances, to decide where your dudes can do the most damage, while not getting instantly steamrolled by a CC spearhead or running straight into a gunline. A turn or two, and the enemy leaves gaps to be exploited, objectives appear, and you can still fully decide when and where they appear.  Until then, your dudes are 100% invulnerable, as they are still off the field. This is my favorite 7th edition rule (Outflank) turned up to eleven, I never used DS as the scatter was often too much an unnecessary risk.

@lunchb0x - rules for Lias Issodon are in Imperial Armor: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes, and at least for now the only info we have on CT for Raptors is that they can use RG CT as an RG successor, though you could argue any of the other CT could be used "if it suits your army's style."

Just wow...

GW really really hates lamenters, and BA in general. Your telling me Malakim is worth the same PL ,and therefore is within 20 pts, as Lias? What a joke.

Lias looks incredible, I'd say even at 200 pts he's still a freaking bargain.

Yeah, Lias is an absolute killer and no mistake. The sheer amount of shenanigans you can do between his abilities, RG chapter tactics (why yes good sir, i am -1 to hit with a 1+ save in the cover i got to freely deploy in almost anywhere on the table, thank you for asking) and Strike From The Shadows are insane.

Add that to the general awesome aura of a Chapter master and a really nasty gun, and i think there's a case to be made that he is one of the best of any Marine HQ options.

I'm not a fan of melta in this edition. It's so expensive and only MM being 24", which are heavy, can really benefit from tactical reserves.

Grav cannons with signum and cherub coming out of the shadows has MM beat by far IMHO. Many more shots and the marine thats shooting twice can hit on 3's thanks to the signum. Plus it offers coverage against any type of unit. 16 grav shots will do numbers on anything, add an LT with Primarchs Wrath and/or Issodon with Storm of Fire nearby for rerolls and they will drop a lot of things.

RAW, I would say Raptors cannot take the RG Warlord Trait, as the exception for successor chapters is only spelled out for Chapter Tactics and chapter-specific Stratagems. I don't think GW planned for named characters for successor chapters as there aren't any rules for those chapters in C:SM (Crimson Fists aside). Gabriel Seth for example in Index: Imperium 1 has no access to the C:SM warlord traits just like none of the BA named characters do.

Super disappointed at this trend of leaving Primaris out of everything. It makes me sad because I actually kind of hate the squat vanilla models.

But I want Lias. I love the ranged stealthy approach. And I'll need to figure out what units to stick with him :(

My main force has started as Raven Guard, and are painted as such. How dirty would it be to use Lias instead of Shrike and sort of be Raptors (even though I look nothing like them)?

Super disappointed at this trend of leaving Primaris out of everything. It makes me sad because I actually kind of hate the squat vanilla models.

You can still SftS your Primaris and keep the squat vanilla Devastators with all their Grav-Cannons and Special Issue Boltguns with Lias... Then you just need some Sniper Scouts or Vanguards to start on the board and move up in support. The perfect plan...

I made an issodon for my raven guard in 7th, but then again, my group is more on the competitive side; my buddy's deathwatch blackshield army he made in 5th have been whitescars, ultras, Raptors, red scorpions and chaos depending on what characters he wants to convert up and use.

Don't quite understand the no primaris rule negativity. Primaris are really cool models, but in taking issodon you'd never have a 100% primaris force; stfts can be used in place of his rule as well so it's not like they're getting left in the dust