Fortified fists

LucidNinja

Let me start at the beginning,

Just as burning of prospero dropped I had decided to turn my faith towards the yellow love for the emperor, I knew this project would take a long time due to personal reasons but I started planning my army and amassing models. I discovered that the lovely yellow fellas could build the best walls and decided I'd focus my army around an Aquila strongpoint. And then the news of 8th started to gain momentum and everything went on a bigger pause than usual.

Now I have the 2 imperial indexes, 2 sets of the primaris marines, 20 scouts, a bunch of unbuilt tartaros and mk3 marines, 2 bastions, 2 aegis lines and an Aquila strongpoint. I'm ready to rock, but am wondering how feasible my plans are going to be in 8th.

The Aquila strongpoint takes up a large chunk of points, and although it has been buffed in a few ways it has been nurfed in the fact that it can only take one unit+characters. Also the rules for emplaced guns no longer exist really so it is always bs5+, and shoots the closest target if not embarked upon. I am currently thinking maybe a lascannon devastator squad with a few extra bodies for when it collapses. However another issue is that this unit won't be buffable while embarked, I hope that this will be offset by the defence of the Fort but time will tell.

With the tartaros I was going to use them as 2 units of 20, all teleporting in and either trying to get behind the enemy or stay midfield. This strategy has changed now, I am planning 2 units of 10 with 2 reapers each, combat squading them so that 2 reapers and 3 lightning claw guys hang back and the other 5 guys armed more for cc and teleporting in nice and close. The 2 teleporting squads will have a terminator captain joining them for the rerolls.

From here I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my army, I'm thinking having the scouts deployed in the middle of the field preferably in some cover to help counter reserves arriving too close to the Fort.

Is this all seeming OK logic wise? Am I missing something significant? Has 8th killed my plans?

Thank you brothers (and sisters)