DIU AD BELLI

The Long War

He exited the armouring-chamber with pride in his step. Finally he was an astartes, finally he was worthy of astartes battle plate. He had managed to survive the hellish procedures and together with his new brothers they would set the Imperium of the Corpse Emperor ablaze in the name of his legion, that he vowed to himself. His armour let out a bestial growl at his vow, as if approving of his conviction and confirming that they were in this together.

For the Gods, for the Warmaster, for the Legion!

gallery_61265_13249_94592.jpg

Ok, this event will start today and continue on until the end of august. Just like in the ETL, you make a vow and post pictures of start, during and after your project. A vow will be a unit, either HQ, squad, Monster or Vehicle. A total of 8 vows can be made per person and just like ETL, if you don't finish your last vow, none of your vows count! You may vow for any number of legions (one at a time ofc) and the units will count for those legions.

Post below something like this:

I vow to complete <unit> for the glory of <legion> before the end of August.

The winner is selected from "rate of completed vows", and also I'm planning to have some side-competitions about best converted/painted vow and such that you can enter with your vow. Mention it when you complete a vow that you want to enter the competition (one entry each).

It's my first time hosting an event such as this so I have no idea how this will end up going, but I am confident that we will have fun! May the best* legion win!

*obviously the Alpha Legion is the best, so you're competing for second best... :wink:

If you're in, you are more than welcome to show your allegience with one of these little banners:

gallery_48988_13169_9462.pnggallery_48988_13169_20694.pnggallery_48988_13169_1731.png

gallery_48988_13169_3932.pnggallery_48988_13169_3872.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

gallery_48988_13169_5567.pnggallery_48988_13169_21191.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

gallery_48988_13169_22464.png

There will be a "winner" banner later...no point in having it done yet for a two months. :tongue.:

Alpha Legion - Vows: 6 - Completed: 5

Iron Father Ferrum 4/4

razcalking 2/1

Black Legion - Vows: 6 - Completed: 3

malisteen 1/0

Dallas Drake 1/0

Celtic_cauldron 3/3

Midnight Runner 1/0

Iron Warriors - Vows: 5 - Completed: 3

Beachymike123 1/0

Warsmith Uveron 1/1

Dinobot 1/0

Insane Psychopath 2/2

Night Lords - Vows: 3 - Completed: 2

Isengrin 1/1

Kol Saresk 1/1

Ashenwyte 1/0

Word Bearers - Vows: 5 - Completed: 2

DarkApostle7 1/0

Arven_Kar 3/2

civsmitty 1/0

Death Guard - Vows: 12 - Completed: 8

Brother Callidan 1/0

Xin Ceithan 1/1

snazzyninja 1/0

Azekai 5/5

Plaguecaster 1/0

Parweke 1/0

Closet Skeleton 2/2

Emperor's Children - Vows: 1 - Completed: 0

RolandTHTG 1/0

Thousand Sons - Vows: 11 - Completed: 10

Shinespider 4/4

Raven1 4/4

Galloway 1/1

Dolchiate Remembrancer 1/0

MyD4rkPassenger 1/1

World Eaters - Vows: 5 - Completed: 4

Hathis 3/3

T0MMY 1/0

Biohazard 1/1

Thinblooded renegades - Vows: 7 - Completed: 4

Blackheart1223 1/0

The Traitor 1/0

Fallen Dark Angel 1/0

Warriorfish 4/4

Edited by Excessus

I vow to complete The Silent Brotherhood, a unit of Scarab Occult, for the glory of Magnus and his Sons, by the end of August. 

I've created a proper WiP thread for my thousand sons which will be the home of all relevant pictures. I'll cross-post the final images for consideration as necessary. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334836-the-argent-circle-thousand-sons-wip/

Edit: I don't want to make a new post for the sake of clutter, but those \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ are all utterly fantastic. 

Edited by Shinespider

Ugh, my friends wedding yesterday was taxing on my body. I've just gotten out of bed basically! :P

@Hathis, one unit at a time. Which one do you want to start with?

@Isengrin, no problem at all. They look awesome.

I vow to complete my Typhus conversion for the glory of the Black Legion before the end of August.

<picture to follow>

I vow to complete my Poxwalker Squad 1 for the glory of the Black Legion before the end of August.

<picture to follow>

I vow to complete my Poxwalker Squad 2 for the glory of the Black Legion before the end of August.

<picture to follow>

I vow to complete my Poxwalker Squad 3 for the glory of the Black Legion before the end of August.

<picture to follow>

I vow to complete my Poxwalker Squad 4 for the glory of the Black Legion before the end of August.

<picture to follow>

I vow to complete my Nurgle Renegade Knight #I for the glory of the Black Legion before the end of August.

<picture to follow>

Edited by Dallas Drake

I, Xin Ceithan, heed the Call and vow to complete a Helbrute before the end of August for the Glory of Grandfather Nurgle and the Death Guard.

gallery_66914_8104_143187.jpg

(BTW, what is the current thinking on weapon loadout options to go along side TLC this edition? The chainfist is a bit ... underwhelming after all those years? Should I throw in a Missile Launcher?)

Now with pics!

Edited by Xin Ceithan

Dius pledge 1

i, SnazzyNinja, vow to complete 1 Foetid Bloattdrone, 1 Lord of Contagion and 1 Malignant Plaguecaster by the end of august in the name of the Lord ofPestilence.

On a side note how do i copy one of those banners into my signature? Sorry for such a noobish question :teehee:

Edited by snazzyninja

I vow to complete The Harvester (Decimator with dual Siege claws) for the glory of the Red Corsairs before the end of August.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9646/med_gallery_50714_9646_596242.jpg

Edited by Blackheart1223

That depends. You can use apps like flickr and photobucket, and then just post hyperlinks to those photos.

Or, if you want to upload the pictures to BnC, you can take the long route.

First, you would switch to full version(button at bottom with same label).

Then, you would look in the top left corner for your profile name. Click on your name. A drop down menu will appear. Click on "My Gallery".

You'll be taken to a page that will have an upload button on it.

When you click on the upload button, it will take you to a page either asking you to pick a previously used gallery, or to create a new gallery.

After you make your choice, you will see a choose file button appear.

Click it, choose/take your picture, and then hit the upload button to the right. Note: you can only do one picture at a time.

Repeat as necessary.

When you're done, review and publish.

It will immediately take you into that gallery. Click on the pictures, hold down on them until that pop up menu appears, and then click copy, which will save a direct link to the photo. Then, when you want to post them, use the tags.

Like so.

med_gallery_64871_13291_1622843.jpg?t=39713028

Note: Use pics from BnC will require you to use at least two windows; one for your post, and the other for getting the links for the pictures.

Like I said, BnC is the long way around.

EDIT: Depending on how BnC uploads, it may hyperlink your pics anyway, and you'll have to go in and manually insert the img tags. I say this because I just had to do this for this post.

Edited by Kol Saresk

I, Celtic_Cauldron, swear to complete the Exalted Sorcerer Ektor Malandrax for the Glory of the Black Legion and Arius Draken's War Host on Gilgamesh.

Death to the False Emperor!!

maland10.jpg

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron