And here's my final finished vow, the Terminators of Vipus Detachment!  Close ups in my WIP Thread in my signature.  As for vows for me, this is it, I'm calling it.  Good motivation though to get some painting done, thanks Excessus for setting this up!

http://i.imgur.com/fUgs9yv.jpg

Cool head (much better than the bug-eyed stock one)! Where did you get it from? Or did you sculpt it?

I 'sculpted it' in that I stuck a piece of sprue and two chaos bike wheel hubs into a lump of greenstuff, then put two other lumps on the side. I tried putting some stitches in there but only managed a very shallow line that was invisible until I accentuated it with extreme highlights.

It had antenna a month ago, but they sucked and kept breaking off and the weather was so horrible I had to paint strip the whole model after the undercoat got ruined.

By the Gods! I have finished my vow!

Here is my Helbrute. Praise Pappa Nurgle!

And as I am so happy that I managed to actually finish this event, I am going to do what Grandfather Nurgle would do and share the love..errr..spam some pics...

gallery_66914_8104_246158.jpg

gallery_66914_8104_213497.jpg

gallery_66914_8104_283324.jpg

gallery_66914_8104_500033.jpg

gallery_66914_8104_871557.jpg

gallery_66914_8104_786955.jpg

gallery_66914_8104_590829.jpg

As I said earlier, I have extended August until the 3d of September (the warp did it :P ). I'll be taking the train home tomorrow and when I'm home with my own computer I'll close the event and add everything together. 

Last chance to get your stuff done peepz. :)

He looks awesome Biohazard, I'll allow it. 

The winners however, seems to be the sons of Magnus the red and it was really close actually. One completition more or less here or there would have tipped the scales. If I have missed a completition somewhere, just send me a PM and I'll take care of it. 

Well fought everybody! There were truly some inspirational models built and painted here! Applause all around guys, good job!

The conclusion, numbers and medals are coming up next. 

• 2 weeks later...

THOUSAND SONS, a winner is you!

The sons of Magnus the Red nearly completed all of their vows and I can thus crown them winners of this event!

You may all have the winning banner in your signature:

gallery_48988_10069_47070.png

Again, thank you all to the participants and I hope to see you in future events. I'm guessing Semper will be back or else I'll probbaly think of something again. :P

A big thank you to Excessus for hosting our little replacement event. It spurred me on to actually finish a unit even if it took me pretty much the whole duration of this competition. :biggrin.:

Congratulations to the winners. It was great to see so many excellent units from all the legions.

I had a lot of fun, that is for sure... but I will never forgive my Death Guard brothers for their failed vows. :P The galaxy could have been ours!!

Slightly disappointed there is no secondary reward for 'biggest stinkin' model painted' but that is ok.

There are no participation awards in the Eye of Terror.