Dawn of a new Crusade

Zealous Brothers from all our mighty Crusades around the Milky Way Galaxy witness here, the Dawn of a new Crusade, as fresh battle brothers tighten their honorable black armor and march forward!

Forward for the Holy Emperor!

Forward to purge the filthy Xenos!

Forward to cleanse the Galaxy!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

As long time reader, mainly enjoying all the different 'Crusade Threads' and admiring your work, this will be my first thread.

With a new edition on the doorstep and the 'truescale' Marines coming with it, i decided to redo my crusade from the ground up, more or less a new Crusade.

To keep me motivated i will try to regularly post my WIP shots, successful painted miniatures and abandoned attempts.

I would be honored if you join me on this journey with your constructive criticisms and opinions.

I am not going to lie, this thread will be a mess, but maybe a mess i can be proud of....

Edited by Bruder Jakob

To start off with a painted one, my Ironclad Dreadnought, was once an Assault on Black Reach Dread. I will not redo him, but the base.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/Bruder-Jakob/DSC_0350_zpsqer0yzoy.jpg?t=1497629103

My first project are going to be these five, they are from the new Dark Imperium box, tried my best at rising their ZEAL.

Edited by Bruder Jakob

Welcome Brother, your Emperor needs you now more than ever. Your timing could not be more fortuitous and speaks much about your character.

You have now joined the greatest brotherhood in the Imperium.

By declaring your allegiance to Dorn and Sigismund, you shall cloak yourself with the Emperor's mantle of Hatred and Wrath. Let your Rage fuel your crusade to the farthest corners of the galaxy visiting devastation upon the vile, the corrupted, and the alien.

Be the light in the darkness, for this is the Emperor's galaxy.

Let none sway you from His holy crusade.

IMPERATOR VULT!

Very nice dread.

Thank you, was one of my first Templar, back when i started, once killed about 800 Points of filthy Orks single handedly and earned his badge of HONOR!

Welcome Brother, your Emperor needs you now more than ever. Your timing could not be more fortuitous and speaks much about your character.

You have now joined the greatest brotherhood in the Imperium.

By declaring your allegiance to Dorn and Sigismund, you shall cloak yourself with the Emperor's mantle of Hatred and Wrath. Let your Rage fuel your crusade to the farthest corners of the galaxy visiting devastation upon the vile, the corrupted, and the alien.

Be the light in the darkness, for this is the Emperor's galaxy.

Let none sway you from His holy crusade.

IMPERATOR VULT!

Thank you Brother, for the warm ZEALOUS welcome!

Edited by Bruder Jakob

worked a bit on the squad, pretty happy with the armor so far. Planned on painting the squad number on the right kneepad, or should i do the kneepads white instead? 

Edited by Bruder Jakob

Still need to do the head, plasma and some battle damage, overall i am happy with how they turned out, except the bolters. They look kind of unfinished, any ideas?

Edited by Bruder Jakob

Still need to do the head, plasma and some battle damage, overall i am happy with how they turned out, except the bolters. They look kind of unfinished, any ideas?

Bases. Finishing those up will make the armor pop out more, and contribute a lot to a more finished look. Other than that and the things you listed though? Not sure there is anything else.

Great job so far regardless

Those eyes...  :yes:

Thank you, first try of OSL on Marines, now it is a must have for me :biggrin.:

When i find the motivation to do the writing on the purity seals i can call the squad finished!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/Bruder-Jakob/IMG-20170626-WA0011_zpsu2cuswc0.jpghttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/Bruder-Jakob/IMG-20170626-WA0013_zps52qextfp.jpg