Land Raider Ares 8th Edition Datasheet: Updated 12/20/2018

Brother Bish

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3 PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD FOR LATEST VERSION. Version number can be found on bottom right of the document.

Change Log:

• Ver. 1.3 - Spelling fixes and added Dozer Ram melee weapon.
  • Ver. 1.2 - Internal Changes.
  • Ver. 1.1 - Various spelling and wording fixes.

Thanks for the suggestions and fixes. Let me know what you think of the Dozer Ram.

-bish

Edited by Brother Bish

I am thinking of adding the <Dark Angels> keyword to the datasheet along with <Chapter>. Since it was a Dark Angels tank to begin with, this would of allow it in a Dark Angels army and a vanilla marine army without penalty, but other chapters would have to take it as an auxiliary support detachment.

Alternatively I could add a note that says this this datasheet is added to the list of all chapters acceptable datasheets. Then no one would be restricted. I believe that is how Forgeworld will be handling their Adeptus Astartes units.

Thoughts?

Edited by Brother Bish

6/24/2017 UPDATED TO VERSION 1.4 PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD FOR LATEST VERSION. Version number can be found on bottom right of the document.

Change Log:

• Ver. 1.4 - Added text "This datasheet can be from any Space Marine Chapter."

I decided to add the text above instead of restricting it only to Dark Angels. The original was not restricted and I think it would be unfair to those who have built Ares for other chapters to suddenly not be allowed to use them.

- bish

Edited by Brother Bish

• 2 weeks later...

There a typo. Demolisher canon has D6 dmg not 1

Thanks! Cannot believe that one got past me. I did change some things for the Dozer Ram so it may have happened then. I will get that fixed this afternoon.

7/7/2017 UPDATED TO VERSION 1.5 PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD FOR LATEST VERSION. Version number can be found on bottom right of the document.

Change Log:

• Ver. 1.5 - Changed Demolisher Canon Damage attribute to D6, added "unofficial" stamp, removed white background only version.
Edited by Brother Bish

Have you sent this update to GW or posted it to thier Facebook page? If they could put it into a White Dwarf again (or better, the Codex) then it is official and we don't get any attitude for using it. Same way I want my Mortis Dreads to be in the Codex for once

Have you sent this update to GW or posted it to thier Facebook page? If they could put it into a White Dwarf again (or better, the Codex) then it is official and we don't get any attitude for using it. Same way I want my Mortis Dreads to be in the Codex for once

Someone else asked this above, and while I am not opposed to submitting it in some way, my guess is that it will never be official. Someone mentioned the Rikarius

Razorback as an example of why they would, however that was also unofficial. To further back my assumption in the recent FAQ they said that models like the Terminus Ultra Land Raider and Lascanon/Plasma canon Razorback would not get datasheets, outside of the Imperial Index vol 1, because the models are no longer available. Well the Ares never had a model, and probably never will, so I can only assume they are not going to make it official when it involves a pretty extensive/expensive conversion.

But you never know and if GW decides they do want to make it official, I am all for it! :smile.:

Edit: Also are not FW Datasheets considered official now? If so the Mortis Dread is in there, so you should be able to use it officially.

Edited by Brother Bish

Terminus Ultra is in Index Imperium 1, despite not having a model either.

Like the Terminus Ultra, the Ares is a fairly easy conversion based on combining two or three existing models. A Land Raider Redeemer and a Vindicator is basically enough, especially now you've added the Flamestorm cannon and Hurricane bolter options.

I don't see why this couldn't be a datasheet supplied on the website or in the White Dwarf, especially combined with the original 'how-to' article.

Edited by Itsacon

Terminus Ultra is in Index Imperium 1, despite not having a model either.

No I know it is, but they did say that the Terminus Ultra wouldn't be in any other book because there is no model.

Iirc someone already asked if the Ares could get made official again on their official Facebook page. And the community team said they would pass it on to the studio

Any chance you have a link to where they asked? I will put out some feelers and see what happens. Edited by Brother Bish

• 1 month later...

8/15/2017 UPDATED TO VERSION 1.6 PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD FOR LATEST VERSION. Version number can be found on bottom right of the document.

Change Log:

• Ver. 1.6 - Minor layout changes.
  • Ver. 1.5 - Changed Demolisher Canon Damage attribute to D6, added "unofficial" stamp, removed white background only version.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the latest post on the Warhammer Community site...

"We are also bringing a whole new feature to Open Play. Designing and building your own vehicles is a feature that hasn’t appeared in Warhammer 40,000 since 5th Edition. We are going to trial some new rules to allow you to design your very own Land Raider variants and field these behemoths on the battlefields of the 41st Millennium."

So I have to wonder if this is happening because of the posts on Facebook asking for official Land Raider Ares rules! Seems a bit of a coincidence that they are using Land Raiders for the test.

I'm very excited to see how this works out!

Edited by Brother Bish