Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= 8th Edition and the new Bolter and Chainsword =][=

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,239 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures

Greetings all. 

With the roll out of 8th edition, we have decided to start rolling out some changes to the B&C as well. We had wanted these to coincide with things like updated software and a repaired server but as ever, Real Life®, comes first and as such some of the more technical aspects of the site are going to have to limp along for a tad bit longer. You can still help get us there by DONATING to the cause.

First, we have update our Forum Rules. Good a time as any to refresh yourselves with them. 

Brought on New Staff

and are looking to update B&C101, The Mission Statement and MOD101 for starters.

In addition to all this we still have the planned technical updates (time permitting) to bring the server back to full operational power. This would also entail and update from the current IPB suite to IPB suite 4.2.x

We have a new skin ready for this (not a huge change from the current one mind you -- or is it?)

Perhaps the largest change (and one that has been hotly debated here for close to a decade) is the inclusion of = XENOS Forum =. This includes requisite LIBER sections for your DIY XENOS armies and army list forums.

Beyond that, XENOS are now permissible in the entirety of THE FORGE.

Currently the +MODERATI+ Group will be sharing moderator duties in these forums but as time progresses we know great members of this community will stand out as excellent material for being mods of the various XENOS forums.

As with anything on the B&C, this is all subject to change. 

We will adjust/add/delete forums as both 8th edition develops and as the new forums themselves develop. This all to help maintain the great community that the members here have built. We know that same spirit that has grown and changed over the last 18 years will make the new XENOS related forums just as excellent as the rest of the board. 

IN ADDITION, DUE TO THIS LARGE CHANGE, WE ARE OPENING UP DISPLAY NAME CHANGES FOR 60 DAYS!! JUST IN CASE YOU ARE ACTUALLY XENOS SCUM AND WANT TO BARE THAT BRAND IN THESE HALLOWED HALLS. msn-wink.gif

Thank you all for your support as always. 

-- The Staff

Edited by Kurgan the Lurker, 18 June 2017 - 03:33 PM.

• Redrandy93, Brother Chaplain Kage, binary and 33 others like this

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,001 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

YES! XENOS! FINALLY!

MY3Q50z.gif

• binary, Lexington, Ranwulf and 11 others like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

WTT Dark Imperium Death Guard for Primaris. PM me if interested.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,077 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

... really? We're breaking that fundamental rule now? Huh.

If we're being quite honest, I'm not a fan of the fact we're allowing Xenos... but changing times, I guess. I dunno. I'll have to reflect on it some more.

• gizur, Khine, Pearson73 and 6 others like this

"Welcome, Soldier of Dorn. Reborn from the ashes of The Psycho. Rise and stride forth with righteous fury and purpose. In the name of Terra, Dorn, and the Emperor."

- Dosjetka

7npa4ds.jpggallery_78067_11287_15193.png

The Burden of Duty: The VII Legion

[+++latest update+++]

A Cruel Angels Thesis

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,001 posts

Now we can be the best 40k site for every faction, not just the previous B&C selections. And no more shutting down threads and or removing pics because a xenos was in the background.

• Jonny Roxtar, The_Chaplain, Sandlemad and 17 others like this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,077 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

Fair enough, I guess. But... it does take a bit away from what made the B&C special, IMHO. A forum for Humanity first and foremost (or pure Power Armor in the old days.) That's what our community was built on, to an extent.

Like I said... I don't like it. That's my gut reaction. Doesn't mean I won't accept it, and, perhaps, over time, come to appreciate it.. But... I do need time to reflect and mull it over a bit.

• SickSix, The Observer and Aeternas like this

"Welcome, Soldier of Dorn. Reborn from the ashes of The Psycho. Rise and stride forth with righteous fury and purpose. In the name of Terra, Dorn, and the Emperor."

- Dosjetka

7npa4ds.jpggallery_78067_11287_15193.png

The Burden of Duty: The VII Legion

[+++latest update+++]

A Cruel Angels Thesis

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,001 posts

Believe me, this very discussion has been played out several times among the mods and admins, and many had your same reaction. We expect a lot of the members will too, but this decision was not made lightly and we think it will be better for the board as a whole once the shock wears off.

• Redrandy93, Jonny Roxtar, Morticon and 11 others like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,825 posts
  • Chapter Name: 7th Terran Regiment
Xenos is not going to go like you think, but I'm so stoked to start Ullanor Orks it's giving me heart palpations.
  • Brother Chaplain Kage, Reyner, Noctus Cornix and 2 others like this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts

In hindsight, the release of Genestealer Cults made this kinda inevitable, no? There's now a Human faction that is inextricably tied to a Xenos faction. The initial decision to not have a GSC forum must have played heavily into his debate. 

• Morticon likes this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 891 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Ravens
Genestealer Cults was definitely one of the triggers.
Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,825 posts
Also, can we finally divide the work in progress section into different genres? Chaos, Xenos, and Imperium?
  • Interrogator Stobz and Radiation like this

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts
Thank you, B&C, from the bottom of my heart.

This. Changes. Everything.
  • Brother Chaplain Kage, Morticon, Ranwulf and 6 others like this
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpgrlx7anD.png

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,001 posts
The Forge will not be divided.
  • Jonny Roxtar, Augustus b'Raass and foamy248 like this

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,068 posts
  • Chapter Name: Custodes Advance Force
I legit thought this was a prank until I saw the forums down below. Crazy, but awesome. My only reason for not wanting a xenos army is cause I couldn't share it with my favorite community, now I can.
  • KBA, The Mad Hermit, Uprising and 5 others like this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,056 posts
  • Chapter Name: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
As long as the forum is regulated by mods and doesn't devolve to DakkaDakka or Warseer level hatemongering, trolling and power gaming, I welcome our Xenos friends to the forum :)
  • Brother Chaplain Kage, Grey Mage, Gothical and 8 others like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png  sml_gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg gallery_86352_11358_29365.png

Instagram : m0nolith_

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,720 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

sad.png Xenos . Well I do like my orks & my Nids G-cult but Xenos sad.png . On the same site as my Astartes devil.gif .

• Brother Chaplain Kage and Space Truckin like this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,001 posts
Monolith, you make a good point! We have updated the rules of the board to help with that very thing and I urge everyone to look over them because some types of behavior that was previously tolerated no longer will be.
  • Aarik likes this

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,072 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

Not a fan, but it's not really our decision to make, so it is what it is.

I just hope there is swift and immediate action for any of the stupid "oh no another marine release" and similar comments that we all come here to get away from. Kind of sick of sitting through 6+ months of xenos or chapter-that-you-can't-use release and then have some jackass tell me I should be thankful that Deathwatch got a release or something.

• Redrandy93 and Azazyll like this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts
  • Chapter Name: November Warriors

Whelllp, I guess it's time to start that nid army I was thinking about...

• Brother Chaplain Kage likes this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,710 posts

With the community we have, and the fact that ALL the Mods have jurisdiction in the Xenos forums for now, I expect that the ones that will benefit the most from this will be the current membership. I realise the fear that this might make B&C much like other general 40k sites but I think we can make this work. And by 'we', I mean all of us. 

• Flame Boy, Honda, Ranwulf and 1 other like this
gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,720 posts

How about more likes ? 

• SickSix and Space Truckin like this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,710 posts

How about more likes ? 

Er... we've already increased those recently...

• Brother Aiwass and Silas7 like this

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,720 posts

How about more likes ? 

Er... we've already increased those recently...

Oh .blush.png Hey i rarely read the suggestions.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,710 posts

Oh .blush.png Hey i rarely read the suggestions.

I'd wager many are in the same boat, brother. ^_^

Rashbold

Rashbold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Legio

Wow. 

I immerse myself in Warhammer Live's 24-hour day long extravaganza for the release of the new 8th edition of Warhammer 40,000

and I return to the hallowed halls of the Bolter & Chainsword and find this? eek.gif ohmy.png

Wow. What strange portal in the Warp have I traveled through? 

I'm a zombie, an anachronism, a Flying Dutchman, a dead gamer fifteen years dead

Change is everywhere, rampant, and the next generation of gamers are a "purer breed". 

Wow. 

The time has come. I know it in my soul.

I cannot escape my duty to the Bolter & Chainsword.

I don my armour and weapons. My destiny calls, and I go.

• Redrandy93, Brother Chaplain Kage, Morticon and 4 others like this

gallery_8429_13048_1860.png gallery_8429_13048_1340.png gallery_8429_13104_2625.png gallery_8429_13048_507.pnggallery_8429_12002_583.gifgallery_8429_12002_3039.gifgallery_8429_12002_2752.gifgallery_8429_12002_1713.pnggallery_8429_12002_2731.gif sml_gallery_8429_13096_1922.png sml_gallery_8429_13156_11176.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,825 posts

The Forge will not be divided.

Any particular reason? We've already got an issue with log overload. It makes more sense to simply split them into three for ease of use. 

As long as the forum is regulated by mods and doesn't devolve to DakkaDakka or Warseer level hatemongering, trolling and power gaming, I welcome our Xenos friends to the forum smile.png

This will inevitably happen in the N&R section, but it'll be easier to police in the subs. 

• Fenbain likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users