Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= 8th Edition and the new Bolter and Chainsword =][=

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,266 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

Someone needs to be a king

We have a king, he calls himself The Emperor and he sits upon a golden throne, or have you forgotten?

On topic-- huzzah, can't wait to post some eldar wips in addition to confessors stuff!

Edited by The_Chaplain, 19 June 2017 - 10:54 PM.

• Bryan Blaire and KingKurama like this

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png Crusade-of-Wrath-Banner_zpskditgcqh.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

Wiffinberg

Wiffinberg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Angels Blade

Awesome :)

It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the Dark Gods of Chaos,
and I will save your soul... Even if you die in the process

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,097 posts
  • Chapter Name: Scions of Ferrus

Also there's no Codex Space Marines any more, Hurrah!

• Rashbold likes this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers

Heck yeah!  Exciting times!

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

Rashbold

Rashbold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Legio

Also there's no Codex Space Marines any more, Hurrah!

...and come the first codex release, everyone else will complain "Awww, but we've been stuck with our outdated Index since 8th edition started." 

Seriously, I love GW's indexes. I don't plan on building every faction or buying every codex, but if I am inclined to build a small additional faction or two I can and have the necessary rules for them. 

• Brother Aiwass, Interrogator Stobz, Inquisitor Quidam and 2 others like this

gallery_8429_13048_1860.png gallery_8429_13048_1340.png gallery_8429_13104_2625.png gallery_8429_13048_507.pnggallery_8429_12002_583.gifgallery_8429_12002_3039.gifgallery_8429_12002_2752.gifgallery_8429_12002_1713.pnggallery_8429_12002_2731.gif sml_gallery_8429_13096_1922.png sml_gallery_8429_13156_11176.jpg

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,704 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
The indexes seam handy for researching your oponants aswell.
  • Rashbold likes this

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts

Firstly I am going to thank the mods and admin that made this change possible, I almost did a little happy dance when I found out about the opening of the xenos floodgates. Ever since Warseer effectively died I've considered this my home forum even if I haven't really been working on my space marines. The Adeptus Mechanicus forum is excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing what existing frater work on when taking a break from marines as much as the new people this brings in. I've also got some Eldar and Ork models that I can share too.

I'd be tempted to change my name since it's pretty lame but it's stuck with me for years so I'll keep it as is.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
Thanks guys for the xenos forums, I've been looking for inspiration for necrons and already there are three really good threads. Really great to see the new forums

Sister Alessia

Sister Alessia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
This is such a beautiful thing! Love not hate! xx

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts

... really? We're breaking that fundamental rule now? Huh.

If we're being quite honest, I'm not a fan of the fact we're allowing Xenos... but changing times, I guess. I dunno. I'll have to reflect on it some more.

Now we don't have to take a Rhino across town for target practice. We can do it form the luxury of our own Fortress Monastery.
  • Felix Antipodes, Uprising and Chaplain Dosjetka like this

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,070 posts
  • Chapter Name: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

We have a king, he calls himself The Emperor and he sits upon a golden throne, or have you forgotten?

On topic-- huzzah, can't wait to post some eldar wips in addition to confessors stuff!

"King? King??? I didn't elect you!"

I also toss my hat into the ring to separate the forge. I understand all the people at the top are very busy rn but I hate trying to go into dakka or elsewhere and sifting through page after page to just get HH, or just Tau, etc.
  • KingKurama likes this
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Jonny Roxtar

Jonny Roxtar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIII , I , VI

I really really didnt like having to go elsewhere to talk about my Drukhari or Harlies. This really is the best forum around with the least drama. So im happy , insanely happy with this decision.

Now to make myself an Archon..... or maybe a Troupe Master

YOU CAN RUN,BUT YOU`LL DIE TIREDETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpg

The Archon formerly known as Deusmex

Veteran Sergeant

Veteran Sergeant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts
  • Chapter Name: Invectors

Can't say I'm too upset about Xenos being allowed. There are literally pages of figures I've worked on in the last few years that aren't here because if the restriction, lol.

I used to scatter them in the background of pictures of my Space Marines just as teasers.  ;)

• Bryan Blaire and ThatOneMarshal like this

Marneus Calgar is referred to as "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible. If the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

True Scale Space Marines - 31mm Space Marines Tutorial
lmnusighdfin.pngsig-tauorkcultist-fxfinlttr1.png
The Brief and Humorous History of the Horus Heresy                                                          Litanies of Hate & Discontent; Index Astartes: Invectors

KingKurama

KingKurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,616 posts

"King? King??? I didn't elect you!"

I also toss my hat into the ring to separate the forge. I understand all the people at the top are very busy rn but I hate trying to go into dakka or elsewhere and sifting through page after page to just get HH, or just Tau, etc.

You don't elect your king I take what I want by force and I will take what this corpse has as my own

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,910 posts
  • Chapter Name: Stoneburners
=][= Topic, folks. Enough king jokes. =][=

Edited by Bryan Blaire, 21 June 2017 - 03:16 AM.

My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users