What's your favorite Ork clan?

Confused Word Bearer

Also, has any Black Library or other literature influenced their favourite Clans? Gonna chase some inspiration!

Really the only BL material from an Ork perspective I've found was Evil Sun Rising by Guy Haley and a few short stories and an audio drama following the same characters.

It follows some Evil Sunz Stompa meks through Sanctus Reach. They do get into some clan stereotypes and trash talking too. At one point Grukk Face-Rippa bites the face off of a Snakebite Mek and then laughs about how useless a Snakebite Mek is? He basically says he wants Gargants not a new squig saddle.

I'd read it because it's pretty fun. It for sure inspired me to get a Stompa though.

I have to side with the Blood Axes. Orks that combine finkin' and lootin' are right up my street. My Orks have made a dragster out of a Devilfish and have been kunnin' enough to apply camouflage to it to make it ded sneaky. 

For some peculiar reason I decided my army was not going to have many orks, but instead would be a dread mob with some tanks, Stormboyz and commandos in support. Woe betide any Ork that doesn't turn up to a fight in propa camo. 

Blood Axes, though I never finished painting a single ork model and only got started on some free bootaz.

Apparently Grotsnik has been stealthily retconned into being a Deathskull by the Xenos Index, or I just missed that ever being a thing.

Blue is best, always Deathskulls. 

Specifically, mounted infantry Deathskulls in wagons both Battle- and Gun-. Led by a warboss (Grokgor Wyrmsmasha) who just wants Buzzgob to maintain his Supa Bike and doesn't really care what else gets added to the army. Bikes, Koptas, buggies, kans, and dreads galore.

My favorite would have to be the Bad Moonz.  Mostly because of a blurb written in the 4th ed codex (I think it was the 4th ed codex anyway!) saying how Bad moonz shoota boys liked to gun down enemies that other orks were about to charge.  For some reason that just stuck with me when I was building my orks, so they had to be bad moonz!  I also really like freebootaz and flash gits, so it worked out!

Well. For inspiration, I think there are some graphic novels about orks...

Also if you can source any white dwarfs from the 3rd edition 3rd war for armageddon era they had a lot of ork stuff at the time for obvious reasons.

As for dedicating each mob to a different clan, that is an interesting idea buy it might be that 8th ed have clan rule deviations like chapter tactics in the future...

That being said I have an old white dwarf with a Batrep based on a mission from the original DOW (the pump station mission, even had a scout vs ork kill team mission as a prelude just like the videogame) well the ork player had an interesti ng army including a mob called "the ghost faced killas" who painted their faces white in various ways...

My boyz are Evil Sunz, but that's more an aesthetic choice than a gameplay/fluff reason. I just love how red and green go together (my Blood Angels were 4th company, cause the company symbol is a green blood drop).

If I was choosing based on fluff/gameplay, it would be Blood Axes all the way.

I am going to go with the Blood Axes.  I really like the idea, that they try to steal tactics from Imperials and who ever they meet.  I find their idea of camo just to funny, when it conflicts so badly.  This clan I think really does try hard to mimic warfare it saw the guard do, and thought hey they try to hide the tanks.  We should do so also.  

Most of them have their qualities, but I have to settle on deathskulls for all the looting. Blue is also a surprisingly good color for orks, and when your models are blue your dice rolls are better, scientific fact.

• 2 weeks later...

If I was ever to do an Ork army, I'd base it more off of Warcraft 2/3 lore based around the Burning Blade or Blackrock Clans. (Never played the mmo).

Burning Blade Blademasters would be fun to model (Ork samurais running up the field with backbanners, big choppas and such)

If I was ever to do an Ork army, I'd base it more off of Warcraft 2/3 lore based around the Burning Blade or Blackrock Clans. (Never played the mmo).

Burning Blade Blademasters would be fun to model (Ork samurais running up the field with backbanners, big choppas and such)

I'm actually planning something similar for my feral nobz - planning on using Hordes Trollkin Fennblades with head swaps.