++ POST YOUR PAINTED BA AND SUCCESSOR PRIMARIS HERE++

Hi all,

In the spirit of the hobby and to satisfy our true scaled overlords, I thought it would be cool to make a Primaris show case / ideas thread - so put your finished Primaris marines in here so we can all ogle them!

I'd be keen to see what the esteemed Frater of the BA subforum are doing with them, both in terms of background, and painting. Are you adding them to your existing Chapter? Starting a new successor?

I haven't got any yet, but I'm torn between adding them to the BA and making a new Successor Chapter, but am quite excited to get at lest a few on the go.

The large flat plates are also a nice relief from all the damn rope on our current models.

So,. who's going to be the first of us to get a model or unit painted and share with the rest of us?

NB. Positivity, please. This isn't the place to discuss what we don't like about them, there are plenty of other threads for that. Instead, here, we focus on what we do like about them, and the modelling opportunities.

To start with, and get the creative juices flowing, here's a few pics that have been circulating the web of the Primaris in BA colours.

gallery_58096_13270_863107.jpg

gallery_58096_13270_65766.jpg

And some mock ups of the Gravis captain and Repulsor.

gallery_58096_13270_120060.jpg

gallery_58096_13270_258314.jpg

I think we can do better. Have at!

Edited by Jolemai
Tags

I'm just waiting for my pre-order to arrive, then I'll get started. I'm going to put all my Primaris in the 5th Company (As they were recently lost in the previous expansion so I assume they'd be rebuilt as Primaris) to join my 2nd ed Era 2nd company and more modern 3rd.

At the moment it looks like the Bolt rifle guys get red helms, the jetpacks get yellow and the Plasma blue (I'll remember the new names eventually) - What I've not seen is any hint of 'official' BA iconography/Livery for the new lieutenants (the ancient will get a gold helm as a veteran) and if Gravis have earned the black hand of our Terminators

Just got mine yesterday and been having a good think about how to fit them into my chapter build. The best way I can come up with is to have them as additions to my reserve companies. Love the look of the miniatures even on the sprue's, can't wait to get building them and painting them. Im thinking about making all the Primaris Marines have a different colour helmet or to have a striped helmet similar to how I do my vehicle crews who all get a white stripe. 

All I need now is some upgrade sprue's to bling the new bodies up

I'm just going through the process of getting my new ones made not doing anything too radical with them at the moment. Just a couple of headswaps on the sergeants and lieutenants. Hadn't actually thought about the hellblasters getting the blue helms as a HS choice so I'll definitely bear that in mind when it comes to painting them up!

They'll be being added to my 5th company the only thing I'm not sure about yet is squad markings. For instance would 2 intercessor squads both have the same squad markings given that the squad size is halved but a company still retains the same number of marines?

Here's my Gravis Captain. For whatever reason imgur wont let me flip the picture (its saved on my harddrive correct way up but whenever I upload it, it flips back around to this). This link shows the same model from a different angle... the right way up!

http://i.imgur.com/0qGCc7J.jpg

EDIT: I'm unsure if I'm going to do the rest of the Primaris as Blood Angels. I might just paint them as something else. I think I have enough red marines and I don't plan on using any of the Primaris as Blood Angels. We'll see. Got some more tacticals to paint in the mean time.

Edited by Paikis

My copy of Dark Imperium turned up today, spent the entire day assembling and painting. So far all I have got done is the captain:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag20/Idomeneus13/9AA9CA6A-A773-4AB5-B64E-B400CA1DA0AF_zpshmxcmwkl.jpg

I present Quintus Iunius Scaevina, 5th Captain of the Knights Cardinal

Not pure DI, also uses parts from Asterion Moloc and the FW legion heads.

That captain is just... Whoa

On a much less impressive note painting up a hell blaster in a flesh tearers scheme because why not.

https://m.imgur.com/a/G4nkW

Its the first flesh tearer I've ever painted so I think it turned out nice.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by BossSauce

That captain is just... Whoa

On a much less impressive note painting up a hell blaster in a flesh tearers scheme because why not.

https://m.imgur.com/a/G4nkW

Its the first flesh tearer I've ever painted so I think it turned out nice.

EDIT: Typo

Dude that looks so good! I was going to Photoshop a Flesh Tearer the other day because I thought it would look great. So tempting to switch chapters since I'm redoing my army for 8th, but with no access to the Special Characters I just can't bring myself to do it.

BossSauce: Nice Hellblaster. Particularly fond of the way you've done the plasma coils. Any chance you could share the method?

TrawlingCleaner: Nice conversion. The Gravis captain seems to benefit from a little tinkering.

Pumped out some Intercessors today, so you can see the scheme on some only slightly converted Primaris

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag20/Idomeneus13/ED3B9811-1E7A-44FE-88BF-E6B0EDD1C6A2_zps5jly85ey.jpg

Love that red and gold scheme, the gold doesnt overpower it like it does a lot of the time.

Plasma is actually really easy, stegadon scale green all of the coils and a small bit on the surrounding area, about a mm. Then caledor sky directly on the small lines, like an edge highlight. Again with a small bit on the sides of the gun. Finally a dry brush of white scar on the coils and surrounding area.

Also the [img.]link[/link.] thing never seems to work, is the resolution too high or do I need to upload it to my gallery first?

Edited by BossSauce

It's possible it's too high. Try resizing your images and cropping them - it's something I've had to learn to do with my current phone... Also, be sure to use the correct bbcode :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/YUilI

My pre-order finally arrived so I converted my captain

That....Wow! Just goes to show that the pose can completely change what you once thought was a waste of time to one of your proudest conversions. All it took was a new angle on the arm and a winged jump pack to "rebalance" the model.

Edited by Silas7

That....Wow! Just goes to show that the pose can completely change what you once thought was a waste of time to one of your proudest conversions. All it took was a new angle on the arm and a winged jump pack to "rebalance" the model.

Thanks buddy! I honestly hated the model up until I got it and realised there's a lot you can do with it. The rules for him aren't too bad either

Real nice, think i'll use this as a guideline for my own interpretation when I get my DI box next week!

Yeah i might have to do something similar. The removal of the hood really does it for me and i'm not sure how i feel about the gravis helmet so the bare head is another thing that the model suits well.

It's funny that they made proportionate marines but failed to make their melee weapons look right. Power swords still look like huge flat beat sticks instead of swords.

Angel's Sanguine here.

I have a Captain, 2 Lieutenants and 2 hell blaster squads coming in. I'll be modifying both Lieutenants to be Sanguinary Priests.

I should have some good pictures sometime in the middle-end of July depending on how much time I have to paint.

Edited by Aothaine