Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eldar Corsairs questions

Forge World Imperial Armour Eldar Corsair

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Brother Aiwass

Brother Aiwass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,717 posts
  • Chapter Name: [REDACTED]

I was looking for the rules of Corsairs, and the wargear options are good with access to CW & DE weaponry, sunburst grenades and brace of pistols are cool. But not having any access to transports is really unfitting for a supposed fast & agile army. And the Abilities... Well, the Dancing one is [REDACTED] it even penalizes you with losing one additional model :lol:

I was hoping at least for Venoms.

Anyway, with all the work FW have right now I wouldn't expect any FAQ/updates soon :(

Hope I'm wrong BTW.

gallery_33122_7839_9820.pnggallery_33122_7839_16895.pngheader-blog.jpg

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,659 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
I've still actually been trying to play them.
Things I've learned...

Last edition, we were actually surprisingly decent in combat due to the army wide Prince abilities and pistols giving extra attacks and poison/original void blades on felarches. And had many cheap HQs like barons and such (also with void blades) gave them that extra needed kick.

This edition, you need to try and stay as far away from combat as possible! Which is a real shame because the brace of pistols now have a shorter range, but are amazing! But you'll likely not survive long enough in combat to shoot the enemy with them.
But being that close means you absolutely will get charged... So you may as well do it yourself! Never ends nicely.

Survivability is waaaaaaay down too. Previously a guy with a jetpack received a 4+, and if you had a Baron in the squad with a shimmershield, they had a further 5++. And if you chose combat drugs as the Prince ability you could have potentially had +1 toughness also! That on a blob of 20 was great!

Mobility is actually pretty damn amazing with a backpacks speed of 16"! I'm on the fence whether it's better than last edition, because previously you only moved 6", but had assault moves of 2d6 and if you fired within a certain range on an enemy you moved 6+d6".so the Eldar trickery was far more trolling last edition, making us literally unchargable. (boy did I make my friends khorne bazerker army look pathetic, just jumping away and shooting. Was literally a boring and pointless game because he couldn't get into combat).

I'd say this time around with the big movement, we definitely have the alpha strike vibe. But the reduction of special weapons per squad hurts this idea.

The best special weapon by far though is the fusion gun, same stats as a blaster, less range, but double the damage and you can roll twice and pick the highest half range.

My last 3 games I've been playing for the pistols. But after realising it's far too dangerous for us up close (even playing as ynnari), I'm going to try shard carbines on everything for the fixed 3 shots with extra range. And shuriken cannons or blasters instead of fusion guns (again for the extra range).
I think this will work out the best, and just leave the pistols for overwatch or something.

I'll still be playing them as ynnari though, as there's no reason not too. And due to our squishy nature and poor leadership, it's alllllways worth paying for the felarches and staying with 5 man squads. Many times I would have lost a guy but didn't because I had the extra LD from a Felarch.
Plus having smaller squads helps playing as ynnari, since you're more likely to soulburst with nearby guys.

Edited by Captain Coolpants, 05 July 2017 - 06:39 AM.

• Brother Aiwass likes this

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,659 posts
Well our faq fixed the blades edge ability.
But Basically rubbed salt in the wound in regards to our HQs though.

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts
  • Chapter Name: Harvesters of Souls

Well our faq fixed the blades edge ability.
But Basically rubbed salt in the wound in regards to our HQs though.

Just read the FAQ, and I must admit that my hopes got VERY up when I started reading the last question regarding the princes and barons... Just to be VERY let down... Damn FW, what a missed opportunity! However this got me thinking that maybe this means that a Corsair book (either from FW... or GW) is coming, as then they wouldn't want to release content about them because it would quickly get outdated and may cause conflict with newer rules. Please let that be true.
But right now I'm simply pissed with FW, it may be the first time that they've let me down, but damn, it's been hard.

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgbokizST.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,659 posts
Only thing we can all do is just email FW and hope they take more action.
Tis what I've been doing. Don't get anything unless you ask I guess.
Try and get all your friends to also email them! Aha

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
  • Chapter Name: Custodes, all kinds of Marines

I sure will. 

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,336 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

Not that I particularly like the hashtag trend, but we could post pictures of our baron and prince conversions to their social media pages with something like #notjustafelarch.

• Brother Aiwass and The Traitor like this

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png 35499214321_eaf52ccf5f_o.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

Brother Aiwass

Brother Aiwass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,717 posts
  • Chapter Name: [REDACTED]

That's a cool idea, Chaplain!

gallery_33122_7839_9820.pnggallery_33122_7839_16895.pngheader-blog.jpg

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

Gotta finally create a social media account then biggrin.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,659 posts
There's been some rumours that the chapter approved will include FW units. Including Eldar and corsairs!
So here's hoping we get a usable army and they fix the keywords for them so we can use stratagems, transports and character auras x

Edited by Captain Coolpants, 15 November 2017 - 02:22 PM.

• Nusquam likes this

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
A full army list would be awesome but honestly just a decent character, points drop for Cloud Dancers and a <CRAFTWORLD> or <KABAL> keyword for them and I'd be content (for now).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forge World, Imperial Armour, Eldar Corsair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users