2500 point Luna wolves

Geoffy

Solid list man!

Can't say there is much wrong with it - I'd maybe considered bailing your rapiers for a Mortis Dread with 2 Las cannons. Rapiers are sweet but I've found the 36inch + artillery movement to be an issue unless they deploy close with something like infiltrate. A dread could fill the same role along with add some more Anti-air.

Solid list man!

Can't say there is much wrong with it - I'd maybe considered bailing your rapiers for a Mortis Dread with 2 Las cannons. Rapiers are sweet but I've found the 36inch + artillery movement to be an issue unless they deploy close with something like infiltrate. A dread could fill the same role along with add some more Anti-air.

I like this idea! Lemme take a look at that option.

Quick rules question...

If I have 10 units in a POTL list is it legal to have 5 with LA and 5 without? I am counting vehicles as dedicated transports as units without the LA rule because the ROW does not explicitly exclude them.

I haven't ever been able to find a consensus statement on this

Edited by Geoffy

"The majority of the units in the detachment must have the Legiones Astartes special rule..."

So no, 5 and 5 isn't legal. You need 6 units with LA in order to take 5 without. But you're right about the Dedicated Transport bit. They count as a non-LA unit.

For the OP, Ultramarinebo's suggestion is a good one. You could also drop the HSS hardened armour - I would only take it in ZM.

"The majority of the units in the detachment must have the Legiones Astartes special rule..."

So no, 5 and 5 isn't legal. You need 6 units with LA in order to take 5 without. But you're right about the Dedicated Transport bit. They count as a non-LA unit.

For the OP, Ultramarinebo's suggestion is a good one. You could also drop the HSS hardened armour - I would only take it in ZM.

Thank you. Kinda sucks because I just found a tasty list. I appreciate your guys help with my loken list. I'm getting ready to try it out this Thursday and am interested to see how the mortis does. I've always believed a dreadnought should have a gun and a claw but maybe shooting planes out of the sky with the greatest of ease is worth it? Edited by Geoffy

Ran my list last night against 2500 of raven guard. Did very well. The reavers and vets never had to get out of their storm eagles. Those birds are awesome! I ended up shooting corax off the table gangland style in one turn. Mortis was an awesome threat bubble when his fire raptor was trying to come on table and the 10 BS 5 missiles were great as well. Not too many things like taking 10 krak missiles to the face every turn.

Thanks again for your help! I think I will continue with this list for now guys. Now if I could just track down some Luna wolves decals...