Ancients and chainswords

So the banner carried by Company/Chapter Ancients grants one final swing (or shot) when removed as a casualty, on a 4+. Now, say I lose a basic Assault Marine (Bolt Pistol and Chainsword), and pass the 4+ roll, do I get the additional swing because I am using a Chainsword? I mean, it is in the weapon's profile after all.

do I get the additional swing because I am using a Chainsword?

I suspect not. The text of the ability of the Chainsword is conditional of 'fighting'. In the core rules, Models are chosen to 'fight' in step one of the fight phase, the start of a sequence that eventually leads to the model making attacks.

The death trigger of the ancient abbreviates this whole sequence to making the attack directly, thus skipping the whole bit about being chosen to fight, and thus the trigger of the sword.

As an aside, from a narrative perspective if the Marines was close enough to swing the sword he was already part of a melee and thus already had his free swing with the sword that turn.

Ok, so what about Grimaldus' ability of Unmatched Zeal? If I roll a 6 to hit, can I roll another swing from that?

No, the extra attack from UZ is an added swing, not a new round of fighting. Any other interpretation opens up the can of Chainsword of Unlimited Swings.

How does that open up unlimited swings?

Edit: I think it might grant the chainsword an extra attack but not Grimaldus UZ. This is because it says it makes a single attack as if it were the Fight phase. The chainsword says "Each time this model fights.." 

Grim's UZ definitely not though because it specifically says that it occurs in the Fight Phase. 

Edited by Acebaur

Ok, so what about Grimaldus' ability of Unmatched Zeal? If I roll a 6 to hit, can I roll another swing from that?

No, the extra attack from UZ is an added swing, not a new round of fighting. Any other interpretation opens up the can of Chainsword of Unlimited Swings.

How does that open up unlimited swings?

If any extra attack from any source allows for the extra attack from the chainsword, then the extra attack from the chainsword itself can generate new attacks with the chainsword.