MIA in 8th

Been flipping through the books and I can't find Canoness Veridyan. Anyone help me out? Do we wait for a FAQ or was she forgotten?

It seems she's been left out for now. I have seen posts to GW's Facebook page about it. I believe that she'll be along eventually.

Been flipping through the books and I can't find Canoness Veridyan. Anyone help me out? Do we wait for a FAQ or was she forgotten?

She is just a canoness with a power sword now.

Along with a lot of 'minor' named characters like the deathwatch squad and boxed-set leaders from various factions. Probabaly won't see her with extra rules again until the Imperial Agents codex, if even then.

Veridyan wasn't removed she just got renamed and given weapon options, the regular canoness that didn't do anything but be a mediocre beatstick after piling on upgrades got removed.

Along with a lot of 'minor' named characters like the deathwatch squad and boxed-set leaders from various factions. Probabaly won't see her with extra rules again until the Imperial Agents codex, if even then.

I doubt we'll get another Imperial Agents codex,  we'll get a ministorum codex with models or be stuck with the index forever.

Veridyan wasn't removed she just got renamed and given weapon options, the regular canoness that didn't do anything but be a mediocre beatstick after piling on upgrades got removed.

I doubt we'll get another Imperial Agents codex, we'll get a ministorum codex with models or be stuck with the index forever.
And you don't have to play Sisters long to know which one of those smart money's on. Edited by ERJAK

Another thing MIA in 8th is Sisters of Battle being a second-rate army. Won my third game of 8th Edition in a row, clobbering Tau 14-4. :-)

Just had a game against tau actually. It was Tau and Thousand Sons though...I would not recommend facing Thousand Sons with Sisters. If you do, bring along a bunch of heavy hitting Sisters of Silence. Tau was getting crushed, but my entire force was nearly wiped out due to the rubric marines.

Yeah, this thread has gone off topic even by my standards, especially since we have active threads for both Battle reports and 8E tactics/discussion Edited by Servant of Dante

I doubt we'll get another Imperial Agents codex,  we'll get a ministorum codex with models or be stuck with the index forever.

Renamed and given weapon options? Not following, please clarify. Or if she is just a canoness w/power sword... uggg really? That, dims His light. Yet we still have the Inquisitor Karamazov which has been out of production for decades!

Renamed and given weapon options? Not following, please clarify. Or if she is just a canoness w/power sword... uggg really?

Correct - just a canoness with a power sword. It's come up on the facebook page a few times and always been answered the same way.

On a related note they also mentioned that some of the other special characters and model (like the Imperial Space Marine and the terminus ultra) are getting semi-phased out with rules in the index but not in their actual codex.