Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Craftworld

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Grey Mage

Grey Mage

++ ARCTOS CAELIFERUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,656 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves.

I started in 2nd ed, near the tail end, and I made my own Craftworld: Tor Yeridan, the Lighthouse.

General fluff was a slowly growing craftworld with a huge nexus of webway portals orbiting it. This has led to a need for alot of seers and a large number of warp-spider shrines on the Craftworld. Generally a blue body with white energy for vehicles, and Grey with black and bronze for the Guardians and Wraiths, who are known locally as Storm Wardens. They truely do avoid using Guardians except in the last defense of the craftworld, with most strike forces comprised entirely of aspect warriors.

As for why Eldar? Back then they had these little fluff-pages and one could get them for free. Had a short story and an army and a faction description. I read and reread all of them, and fell in love with the Eldar.

QUOTE (Wolf Guard Dan @ Dec 28 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When in doubt- Grey Mage.
QUOTE (thade @ Jun 7 2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Hammernators are for pansies. There, I said it.

GawFang

GawFang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

Biel-Tan for me. 

The army was started to supplement a friends army who played Biel-Tan mostly due to back in 3rd edition they could take more aspects rather than the colour scheme (he never painted anything).  

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,268 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

Always loved the eldar- never really had an excuse/opportunity to pick them up.  Then my wife expressed interest in learning how to play the game and she chose eldar.  In the end she'd rather read the books than game, so I inherited the army.   Now I'm taking the ball and running with it and am having an absolute blast while doing so!

My WIP autarch:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The current "scheme" of the eldar.  My wife really loved the look of the gold sigmarines on display when we started the project, so before you know it we had gold eldar. Probably going to incorporate white into the scheme to help balance it out. 

Spoiler

My avatar of Ynnead.  Really wanna get a second avatar so I can try out a alternate scheme which uses red energy and armor- since the Ynarri have a serious red theme going on and all.  

And the amaranth red/orange basecoat for future corsair "allies"-- some WIP wasp walkers.  

Spoiler

I'm hoping they keep some of the portal/deep strike shenanigans they had in Doom of mymeara because I never got to try them out before the edition rolled over. 

Haven't the foggiest what the craftworld name or symbol is gonna be yet, but figuring all that stuff out is half the fun of DIY am I right?

Edited by The_Chaplain, 22 June 2017 - 02:14 AM.

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png Crusade-of-Wrath-Banner_zpskditgcqh.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

BrainCandy

BrainCandy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

I've been running Ulthwe since around 97. Eldrad has always been my homeboy and I loved running guardian heavy and supporting them with silly psychic power. Guiding a 20 man guardian squad, back when they had 24 inch range, and seeing the look on your opponents face when he realized how much dakka was incoming =)

Plus, I loved the black and wraithbone color scheme....still do.

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 683 posts

I really liked Ulthwe when I first picked an Eldar army, the black combined with the golden yellow was really powerful. I started again with my Eldar after 3rd edition changed the yellow to a more subdued bone colour, effectively starting the army over again. I think it was the idea that the Craftworld was renowned for it's peerless psychers that i liked from a game perspective. The psychic phase was pretty long when I played and that was before the "Seer Council" was an actual unit. I just had Eldrad and a couple of level 3 Warlocks throwing out buffs and Executioner attacks at any model I didn't like the look of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users