Your Craftworld

Iron Father Ferrum

Il-Kaithe and Iybraesil are really interesting craftworlds that aren't seen all that often. :smile.:

Indeed. I became extremely aware of that dearth when I try to do some research on Il-Kaithe. The only thing more difficult than that was trying to figure out what a Craftworld ruling body does look like. 

I'm not sure if Exarchs are involved at all. In all my research, I never found an exact list for a Craftworld ruling body, just vague hints. Here's the post I made back in May about my findings and my decision regarding Il-Kaithe's political structure:

"Looking at canon, the only thing from Il-Kaithe that has been established is their colours. 

This led to a brief yet energetic search through the internet for traditional Craftworld political structures. This was less straightforward than I imagined. Overall, I'm under the impression that most of the Craftworlds are led by a Seer Council with a couple of exceptions. Now, to my surprise, this doesn't immediately translate to Farseers. Although typical, especially in the case of Ulthwé, the Path of the Seer includes Farseers, Spiritseers, Warlocks, Wayseers, Wraithseers, White Seers, and Bonesingers. 

So, the Seer Council is essentially a council of experts leading the Craftworld that will defer to an Autarch/Autarchs whenever war comes to the Craftworld or it's necessary. So, as one person put it, the Craftworlds are technocracies, rule by experts. 

In the case of Il-Kaithe, I see the Bonesingers and the White Seers taking on additional importance given Il-Kaithe's on-going crusade against Chaos. For those of you who don't know (and I only learned about this tonight), a White Seer is an anti-Chaos Seer, who's job is to learn more about Chaos to kill it and guard the Black Library. Supposedly, they are immune to corruption. They are only mentioned in Gav Thorpe's Path of the Eldar series, which came out 5-7 years ago. As such, I think the role of the Black Library guardians has been firmly given to the Harlequins. However, I think they are an interesting concept since they do fill a role of the Craftworlds responding to the threat of Chaos. 

Bringing this back to Il-Kaithe, since the Eldar have Irish influences as far as I can tell, I'm going to say that they are led by a 9-member Seer Council (2 Farseers, 2 Spiritseers, 1 Warlock, 2 White Seers, 2 Bonesingers). Military command is divided equally into a trio of Autarchs."

Oh, man, that's just...

Exarchs of cocktail-making.

What is the Eldar term for someone who becomes trapped on a path that isn't a martial one? I mean they have painters and sculptors and musicians and all the rest of it; I assume they have some form of AI or something to do all the mundane things like sewage maintenance and suchlike, right?

Hm. This may be veering wildly off-topic. But it's very entertaining!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man, that's just...

Exarchs of cocktail-making.

What is the Eldar term for someone who becomes trapped on a path that isn't a martial one? I mean they have painters and sculptors and musicians and all the rest of it; I assume they have some form of AI or something to do all the mundane things like sewage maintenance and suchlike, right?

Hm. This may be veering wildly off-topic. But it's very entertaining!

They just continue their vocations, see the wraithsinger that is the farseer's father. Exarchs have a special stigma in that their paths are aggressive and dangerous, so they must isolate themselves for the safety of others.