Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?

- - - - - Imperial Fists Chapter Successor Chapters

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which Dornian Chapter do you collect and/or play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Lustrati

Lustrati

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
  • Chapter Name: Astral Knights

First post for me, but;

I have loved the Imperial Fists since I first got into 40k, to be fair I never really actually bought any models but I loved the fluff. Of course Primaris Marines... well damn take my money. One of the chapters I always loved and even more after 30k became a thing was the Imperial Fists closely followed by the Crimson fists. But my absolute favorite was the Astral Knights.

The Astral Knights did the impossible, but unlike another chapter who I shall not name, they did it but actually paid for it massively. Always thought if I was to collect a SM army they would be the ones. However I would have to collect them based around the World Engine. but now that Big G is running around handing out SM's left and right have a perfect excuse to bring them back

• Chaplain Dosjetka and High Marshal Bohemond like this

valhalla130

valhalla130

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists
Ever since I started paying attention to this game at the end of 2nd edition, when I first saw the ad for the Imperial Fist attack Force, and the battle report between the IF and eldar in WD, I've been fascinated by the guys who dressed in yellow on the battlefield.

I started collecting IG, but bought 2 boxes of the 3rd edition boxed set, and then started collecting marines.

I couldn't paint yellow back then, because the internet wasn't what it is now, and neither were the paints, and I wasn't into mixing and shading and making my own inks. So I started my own chapter called the Iron Fists and painted them Boltgun Metal and Dwarf Bronze.

Turns out the Bronze looked like poop, and because of my divorce I ended up getting out of the hobby for 8 years. When I came back, I really wanted IF, so I began to strip the marines I had, and that went slowly so I decided just to buy new marines.

I now have three tactical squads painted and am working on my fourth. I am very happy with my progress and the fact that I can almost field a full company, which I will do during our next apocalypse game.

Here is what my SM used to look like, as my Iron Fists (totally before GW put that name in a codex!):
C1WYxHU.jpg
Mz4cE1k.jpg
  • Chaplain Dosjetka and High Marshal Bohemond like this

High Marshal Bohemond

High Marshal Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Subjugators

I thought the Iron Fist were a Canon Iron Hands successor?

If Blood is the price of our victory.........then our enemies shall pay the toll! Veteran Sargent Nikolai Sokolov (during the defense of Cadia.)

valhalla130

valhalla130

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists
They are now. I had never heard of them when I first created mine. Back in 1999.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Fists Chapter, Successor Chapters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users