Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?

Dosjetka

Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?  

631 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Homebrew successor for me, the Blades of Arawn

6XZxD6F.jpg

(don't ask about the knee-symbol, I was just doodling and didn't realize I made a Chaos star on his knee :lol:)

... Man, I really need to do a proper model of these guys and not just this right crappy colour-scheme tester :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hullo! New member of the sons of dorn with the upcoming upgrade sprue, but here's my chapter, the Lords of Stone:

gallery_93077_12275_62770.png

Obviously WIP, but the idea is a sort of rejig of my Dusk Raiders color scheme allowing me to use the same paints but in different ratios: the gold with be Balthasar Gold, followed by Nuln Oil wash and Sigmarite drybrush, metal will be Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil, and then Necron Compound drybrush, and Red will be Khorne Red, then Agrax Earthshade, then drybrush Screamer Pink. The fluff behind them is that in all things, they're built to endure, which is why they have a lot of dreadnoughts and why they have a culture of hero worship and respect for the ancients. Each company has an advisor in the form of a dreadnought, and the chapter master himself was interred in a contemptor dreadnought, although the Lord Chaplain acts as his regent during his periods of slumber.

Hullo! New member of the sons of dorn with the upcoming upgrade sprue, but here's my chapter, the Lords of Stone:

Obviously WIP, but the idea is a sort of rejig of my Dusk Raiders color scheme allowing me to use the same paints but in different ratios: the gold with be Balthasar Gold, followed by Nuln Oil wash and Sigmarite drybrush, metal will be Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil, and then Necron Compound drybrush, and Red will be Khorne Red, then Agrax Earthshade, then drybrush Screamer Pink. The fluff behind them is that in all things, they're built to endure, which is why they have a lot of dreadnoughts and why they have a culture of hero worship and respect for the ancients. Each company has an advisor in the form of a dreadnought, and the chapter master himself was interred in a contemptor dreadnought, although the Lord Chaplain acts as his regent during his periods of slumber.

Are they all Primaris, or just using the Primaris image because it's a good way of showing the colour-scheme?

Also, the Dreadnoughts thing reminds me, that's pretty similar to the old, OOOOOOOOOOOOLD version of my homebrew chapter, before they became Celtic. Like, four years ago old :lol:

Are they all Primaris, or just using the Primaris image because it's a good way of showing the colour-scheme?

Also, the Dreadnoughts thing reminds me, that's pretty similar to the old, OOOOOOOOOOOOLD version of my homebrew chapter, before they became Celtic. Like, four years ago old :laugh.:

They're pretty much mostly primaris because as it turns out, when you keep on throwing yourself into enemy fire and depending on how tough you are, you tend to have high fatality rates. The only exception is the first company, which is entirely made up of the Stoneburners, Honor Guard for the chapter's ancients. All non-Redemptor Dreadnoughts are technically a part of the first company as well.

• 4 weeks later...

It's always interesting to come back and have a look at this poll. Even a year and a half after it was created people are still logging their votes. In the beginning the favourites by an overwhelming amount of votes were the Black Templars but nowadays... unless my memory deceives me there's been an upswing in Imperial Fist and Crimson Fist votes lately and they're catching up with our crusading brethren who spoke a bit too soon. ;)

I'm definitely curious to know where this boost of popularity for the Fists of both varieties comes from. Any ideas?

Edit: I'm assuming that it comes comes from the content we were given in Vigilus Defiant and the next White Dwarf (in the case of the Crimson Fists for the latter).

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Probably a mix of people figuring out how to paint yellow more easily and Crimson Fists getting some love crunch-wise. Maybe even the hope of being able to have Dorn in their 40k army eventually. ^^

Probably a mix of people figuring out how to paint yellow more easily and Crimson Fists getting some love crunch-wise. Maybe even the hope of being able to have Dorn in their 40k army eventually. ^^

I was smitten the moment I saw a Primaris Kantor conversion.

Which happened right around when I picked up the imperial fists box (which was going to be for my DW collection originally), but now...well, everything is lining up to jump on this new project.

• 2 weeks later...

DiY chapter since 5th - I started playing at the beginning of 4th edition, but didn't have a clear direction on their identity until Pedro Kantor in the 5th Ed codex caught my attention and I started really reading about the various sons of Dorn.

I started taking elements from the BTs, IFs and CFs in the creation of my chapter's background, which I'm only now starting to refine if I'm honest. I like the Zeal of the Templars and the medieval flavour there, the "backs-to-the-wall" attitude of the Crimson Fists, and the sheer grit and stubbornness of the Imperial Fists, and would like to reflect something of that in my chapter

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.BT are over half of the vote... yikes.

And yet now, the Black Templars are barely even a third of the votes. Yikes. :P

I updated my votes to reflect me starting some Executioners. Such a great Chapter (like all sons of Dorn really). :tu:

• 1 month later...

My first complete 40k army was Black Templars, circa 3rd-5th edition. Did always like the Crimson Fists, mainly because of the picture of them on the 3rd edition codex cover, but never liked vanilla marines enough to do them.

Now I have a large primaris Crimson Fist army on the painting table thanks to the two holiday battleforces, some eBay lieutenants, and the dark imperium primaris marines.

I wanted to do the Imperial Fists but was cowed by the yellow, and also the allure of dark blue and red trim. I’m having some regrets and trepidation’s now due to the nuln oil line work stage I’m in, but hopefully my lithium kicks back in and I get over it and push onwards!

• 1 month later...

I broke out all of my Red Templars, including unfinished models, and wanted to see what it would look like if I battleforged everything without leaving a single model out. I managed to make two Brigades and a Spearhead Detachment. I wasn't trying to make anything competitive, just make sure everything was included. I had a lot more Heavy Support than I thought I had!

RT 1

1st BDE

TR 1st BDE

2nd BDE

RT 2nd BDE

Spearhead

Spearhead Det

Now to figure out the points :smile.:

*edit 19APR19*

Point total WYSIWYG 7,741. Not the largest out there by far but quite a lot for me, especially as it isn't my main army anymore. However I plan to use them in a campaign coming up soon at my local store (part II of Vigilus) if I can get the hang of Space Marines again. These lads deserve some table time.  :smile.:
Edited by Montford

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Obviously, Black Templars are the true heirs of Dorn. But both Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists are ok-ish stand-ins for when the job simply isn't manly enough for proper Marines.

All other chapters are sad posers. FACT.

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I play my Fists often as black Templar’s due to my Heresy Man crush on Siggy. So all my close combat units termies/vanguard etc have their shoulders painted black.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work so far, Thanatos31. :thumbsup:

What have you got planned next?

Working on finishing Repulsor number 3; Redemptor dred, Storm Talon, Storm Hawk , a full shadowspear box...:( It's alot ;) 

Currently most of it is sitting at a nice tabletop standard, but I'd like to revisit some of it, so I can give the character models some more love. 

Are there other Warbringer players on the forums?