Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?

Dosjetka

Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?  

631 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started out with SM after the Inquisition fell by the wayside with GW :(, waited until the new Codex came out and looked at what I liked fluff wise, found the Emperor's Warbringers which suited me as I had a lot of scout models kicking around, spent a day painting them up along with other models I bought. Will post pics once completed as they very much are WIP.

Just started out with SM after the Inquisition fell by the wayside with GW :sad.:, waited until the new Codex came out and looked at what I liked fluff wise, found the Emperor's Warbringers which suited me as I had a lot of scout models kicking around, spent a day painting them up along with other models I bought. Will post pics once completed as they very much are WIP.

sounds great ! Share some pictures mate - even if WIP- every Warbringer counts !

Are you on IG as well? 

Currently planning on writing up a background story for the Warbringers and add a bit more body to their (limited) amount of lore available

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357826-emperors-warbringers-chapter-project/

I am collecting Imperial Fists, and have been painting my minis as them for a while.

But now that i have been reading the new codex and really detailing the primaris range i dont know if i should add some of them to the imperial fists, just strip the paint of my fists and create a new chapter with both classic an primaris or leave the classic fists as they are and just build a new primaris army.

Lots of doubts with this new way of marine minis...

I am collecting Imperial Fists, and have been painting my minis as them for a while.

But now that i have been reading the new codex and really detailing the primaris range i dont know if i should add some of them to the imperial fists, just strip the paint of my fists and create a new chapter with both classic an primaris or leave the classic fists as they are and just build a new primaris army.

Lots of doubts with this new way of marine minis...

thats part of the reason why I started the warbringers , so I have an excuse to buy all Primaris units and paint them olive drab ;) 

Lovely model. How did you achieve the metallic black?

I prime it army painter black, do a heavy dry brush of dawn stone, wash completely in nuln oil, edge highlight with mechanicus grey then dry brush necron compound.

• 1 month later...

Used the new book when I fought a 4,000 point list today with my Red Templars. Broke out a lot of old models (as seen on previous pages), put them on the table, and came out a winner old school style :smile.:  Got my Tactical Marines and all the rest with 25mm bases upgraded to 32mm.

4K Force

4K Champion!

Edited by Montford

I stumbled back into the hobby about two months ago after a, I think it is more than 10 years hiatus..! Always played Space Wolves since the very first Codex, not long after i got into the hobby (a buddy bought the 2nd Ed box when it came out and dragged me in)

I played Blood Angels in 3rd Ed too, always had a soft spot for their background. But I do not feel like doing a new Space Wolves army, just now anyways.. So I looked for other great looking Space marine Chapters..

Since I still really like the old Marines too, with all the support around, I decided to paint Flesh Tearers for that but I needed a Primaris collection too and i wanted to keep it separate, going full Primaris. The choice fell on the Crimson Fists. :)

That classic picture from the RT and 2nd Ed rulebook is just too cool and it has been redone twice now?

I think the Crimson Fists have a fantastic scheme, great blue colour and the background is interesting. The rules seesm pretty damn cool too! I am gladly joining the Brotherhood of ´Fists, making a full Primaris Company of them!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For the handful of Red Templars players I noticed that GW has inadvertently provided Chapter Specific merch for us: you can order an Adepta Sororitas ballcap in red with a fluer-de-lys on it in white :smile.:

Edited by Montford

After being lost in the warp since my HH project ground to a halt I have come back to " modern " 40k and the Imperial Fists.  Will probably be more of a painting then playing project ( although when the UK lockdown eases I might try and get some games in ) .  

Why Imperial Fists ?  

Its the chapter / legion that caught my imagination .

Nothing more clever than that I'm afraid .

Is it just me or have Dorn's chapters got so much character? IF, CF, and BT are all iconic. And I've not even properly delved into the lesser-known ones but from this thread it's obvious they are also fun to play.

What other legions produce such cool successors? Flesh Tearers not bad, but then what?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...