Guilliman's health *Spoilers from Dark Imperium novel*

Ishagu

Interesting tidbit from Dark Imperium, which I do recommend as a read.

It was fascinating to read a 40k novel that was advancing lore that had remained mostly static for over 10 years.

Guilliman is indeed fully healed, and is not trapped in the suit like some pseudo Dreadnought as had been originally assumed.
Edited by Ishagu
Use the spoiler tags!

I'm reading the book.... and I haven't read this yet... gees man. This is something I would have rather got from the book.

Same...

He isnt trapped in the dread but it doesnt say he is healed. Actually doesnt it say his scar burns or itches and how it was annoying to wear armor as it makes the scar sensitive.

Edited by Caldersson

Yeah, he might not be at death's door but as I recall he definitely isn't feeling good. There's the scar thing - it's hinted that it's not just a physical scar, it's something like a scar in his spirit or warp-presence or something - and wasn't there something about him having trouble sleeping?

His wounds are spiritual... A wounded soul.

I think the Chaos blade's Scar will never heal, but physically he's not dependant on a suit or apparatus to keep him alive.

Further apologies to everyone, I typed this topic up on my phone hastily in between work meetings. Was excited to discuss this part of the book.

Ishagu, the spoiler title still exists in Amicus Aedes where it was before moving. You might want to fix it before a mob attacks you. :)

Edited for stupid autocorrect

Edited by Semper Fortis

From all reviews / quotes I've read, I csn't remember RG being healed.

Could you give us a quote, please?

A few select quotes for you and the other frater.

Since then he had led. He had fought. He had bled. But he had not slept. He could not, even had he the desire to – the Imperium was dying. In sleep’s place, he retreated to his private quarters, to the Chamber of Reflection, and meditated there when he was weary. Death had disturbed his being in several ways. Sleep was one casualty. Since his resurrection, he did not feel the need to sleep often. His personal physicians could not tell him if this was a genuine physical change or a psychological effect of his traumatic awakening. Both the mind and body of a primarch were so far beyond understanding that any medicae was next to useless. Only Archmagos Cawl, that insane polymath, might begin to comprehend how his body functioned. Whatever the cause of his sleeplessness, after ten thousand years in stasis, Roboute Guilliman thought he had slept enough.

He stood and rotated his neck, wincing at the awkward stretch of skin at his throat. The wound still hurt. Primarchs did not scar easily, but Fulgrim had left him a fine one. A thick rope of a scar crossed his throat from side to side. Slightly off true, it sloped just enough for the raised end to catch annoyingly on his armour seals, no matter how many times he had them adjusted.

Pale brown circles gathered under his eyes when he grew tired, and there was tightness in his jaw, a legacy of the internal pain he had borne since his resurrection. Part of this discomfort – and it was constantly with him – was physical, an ineradicable effect of Fulgrim’s poisons. But there was also a sense of an absence in his gene-forged body that made itself known often as a dull ache. Guilliman called it emotional pain. After all he had seen in this new age, he remained loath to name it spiritual in nature. He was too enamoured of reason to truly believe his soul had been injured.

Guilliman already wore a dark grey bodyglove, its surface marked with the dull silver of inactive circuits. They gathered in complicated whorls where the metal interface ports that studded his body poked through the glove.

‘You are ready, my lord?’ asked the senior of the tech-priests, his voice emanating from voxmitters embedded in his back.

‘Arm me,’ commanded the primarch.

Guilliman held out his hands. At the orders of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the arming team began to assemble the armour around their lord. It was so massive that dedicated servitors equipped with industrial-grade augmetics were required to move each piece. The boots were brought forward first in soft-gripped cargo pincers. They alone weighed hundreds of kilograms.

“The wound still hurt. Primarchs did not scar easily, but Fulgrim had left him a fine one. A thick rope of a scar crossed his throat from side to side. Slightly off true, it sloped just enough for the raised end to catch annoyingly on his armour seals, no matter how many times he had them adjusted.”

Excerpt From: Guy Haley. “Dark Imperium.” iBooks. 

Other than that he seems fine. He wears regular regal robes when he's out of combat. Also, apparently he doesn't need to sleep anymore.

“The wound still hurt. Primarchs did not scar easily, but Fulgrim had left him a fine one. A thick rope of a scar crossed his throat from side to side. Slightly off true, it sloped just enough for the raised end to catch annoyingly on his armour seals, no matter how many times he had them adjusted.”

Excerpt From: Guy Haley. “Dark Imperium.” iBooks. 

Other than that he seems fine. He wears regular regal robes when he's out of combat. Also, apparently he doesn't need to sleep anymore.

This is something I read a few days ago in the novel, but concerning the scene around this moment, I wasn't left with the impression that he had completely healed. While it doesn't say the scar is actively affecting him the descriptions seem to indicate fatigue on the Primarch. He doesn't know why, but he doesn't sleep... at all anymore. They note the medical staff don't even understand his physiology as well as Cawl... Creepy Cawl. He knows a little too much.

His hair has thinned, his face has lines. This may mean absolutely nothing though.

For comparison there was a HH novel where Horus was in a cave the Emperor wiped their minds of.... he entered something in the cave, transported to the warp where he fought and slew tons of Daemon armies. This all happened within hours to the Mournival (whatever it's called) but Horus reappeared and was shocked to see them all waiting for him... it was thousands of years for him.

The point is he was unharmed but did emerge aged, grey haired, lined.

So we know Primarchs can show age that perhaps is all Guilliman is showing... 10,000 years could be 10 years of human aging factored in to his appearance/ailments.

I'm reading the book.... and I haven't read this yet... gees man. This is something I would have rather got from the book.

Same...

He isnt trapped in the dread but it doesnt say he is healed. Actually doesnt it say his scar burns or itches and how it was annoying to wear armor as it makes the scar sensitive.

1000 Iron Hands raising their eyebrows right now! Or clicking their bionic eyes at least.

What's the life support on his suit for then? Does he have it removed or is it just a backup system?

It appears to be just for monitoring his health.