WIP - Nightwind Cadre (with added Manta)

Valaas

How is the tau'nar in terms of difficulty to build? Were there any surprising mold bubbling/weakness issues or anything, or was it pretty straightforward?

It's a pretty straight forward build compared to other titan models from forge world. The most difficult/nerve wracking bit is getting the 4 parts for each leg glued into position to ensure the stance you want and ensure the pelvis is level. Also some pinning done to strengthen the various leg joints.

It obviously has the usual FW fun and games.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 1 month later...

Update to the T'aunar......base complete!

IMG 20180228 070512

IMG 20180228 070502

IMG 20180228 070531

And with the WIP legs in position:

IMG 20180228 070416

IMG 20180228 070425

As always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Well done (great idea tackling that in bite sized chunks) 

is that the knight pilot BTW? ... he needs a personal defense weapon ! ++EDIT++ i saw the cockpit pic,so that's captain random then :biggrin.:

cannot wait to see the rest of it :wub:

cheers, Mithril

Well done (great idea tackling that in bite sized chunks) 

is that the knight pilot BTW? ... he needs a personal defense weapon ! ++EDIT++ i saw the cockpit pic,so that's captain random then :biggrin.:

cannot wait to see the rest of it :wub:

cheers, Mithril

That is the knight pilot, though I think the Breacher's pistol shot is more of a mercy killing, as there is a metal spar impaling his chest. The Praetorian Guardsman is doing his best to not be noticed....

Onwards and upwards in more ways than one.....legs progressing well.

So we've written it T'aunar and Tau'unar in this thread already ... you guys know it's Ta'unar, right? :D

Love your base work, Valaas. Tho I hope you give the Ta'unar some proper battle damage as well. It was a LoW vs LoW scenario after all. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

So we've written it T'aunar and Tau'unar in this thread already ... you guys know it's Ta'unar, right? :biggrin.:

Love your base work, Valaas. Tho I hope you give the Ta'unar some proper battle damage as well. It was a LoW vs LoW scenario after all. :wink:

name it better =P

Hey valaas, we need an update bro!

Cheers, Mithril

So an update.....

The Ta'unar :wink:, is progressing well, base done, gold on the legs highlighted and the two layers of Wazdakka have gone on, next up a few hours of edge highlighting (I'll take some pics tonight). I have also been prepping the next stage, the torso, filling gaps and magnetizing the arms. 

Hope to have the legs finished by the end of the week, so I can get cracking on the torso.

The other big project with my mate Rick is also showing some major progress.

received 10215418321509605

received 10215430256767979

received 10215447226272206

received 10215458926284699

Think I'm going to need a stronger gaming table!!!!!!

Cheers,

Valaas

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the T'aunar.....he's getting taller :yes:

Legs are pretty much done, just decals to add, which I'll do over the whole model at the end. Torso is a little further on than the picture, which shows the base coat, with the Wazdakka layers done.

2 Months to go until the deadline :eek:

IMG 20180408 194221

As always, comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 1 month later...

tick tock :sweat: Valaas.... any updates?... 16 days to go to your deadline :ohmy.: ...:tongue.:

Mithril

Lol....worse than that 8 days to go.... hopefully have the majority done by Sat, then start gluing the sub-assemblies together....then I have 6 days to do details, like lenses, OSL and decals.

Will post an update on Monday.

Cheers,

Valaas

WoW Valaas! 

That's Complete  Awesomesauce :wub:  i love the colours and especially the red white black on his left shoulder,that colour combo just pops :woot:

Sleep is for humans... your a T'AU :tongue.:  late nights for the Greater Good my Friend!

Good Luck! :thumbsup:  

Cheers, Mithril

WoW Valaas! 

That's Complete  Awesomesauce :wub:  i love the colours and especially the red white black on his left shoulder,that colour combo just pops :woot:

Sleep is for humans... your a T'AU :tongue.:  late nights for the Greater Good my Friend!

Good Luck! :thumbsup:  

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks for the love Mithril !!!!

3 more painting nights to go before Golden Trolls 2018 on Sat.....

WIP of OSL on the shoulder cannons from last night.

IMG 20180529 232933

Cheers,

Valaas

More WIP.......2 more painting nights to go before Golden Trolls 2018.......really hoping I can get him finished tonight and entered tomorrow......:unsure.:

IMG 20180531 071212

IMG 20180531 071220

IMG 20180531 071225

IMG 20180531 071241

Cheers,

Valaas

Wow he looks finished, what am I missing?, admittedly I'm looking on my phone so...I may miss little things...!

Cheers, Mithril

Head needs edge highlighted, the smart missiles and burst cannons need to be added, I also want to do some OSL on the weapon arms and I need to paint the various lenses. After that just a few decals to finish the job!

Should get it done tonight baring any disasters......then I'll get some sleep before switching focus to my ETL stuff!!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Archived