Magnetize Captain in Terminator Armour

Any recommendations of magnetizing that captain in terminator armour that comes with the start collecting box (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Start-Collecting-Space-Marines#)? The main problem I see is the power sword is attached to the cape and I don't see a way to cleanly separate the two. Would like to be able to WYSIWYG all the wargear options for that model.

As I understand you, you mean the hoses/cables that goes from the wrist bit to the back touching the cape. From the picture it seems as the sword and the hand itself is not touching anything but the wrist it is attached to. So I agree with Smith Kappa to cut it at the soft armour joint at the wrist and with either 2 or 3 mm diameter drill bit, drill the hand and the wrist and install 2 or 3 mm diam round magnets. Most likely you need to neat up the soft armour edge in the wrist at the cut point with green stuff. It appears (from the GW website picture) you can do the same for the storm bolter hand.

As I understand you, you mean the hoses/cables that goes from the wrist bit to the back touching the cape. From the picture it seems as the sword and the hand itself is not touching anything but the wrist it is attached to. So I agree with Smith Kappa to cut it at the soft armour joint at the wrist and with either 2 or 3 mm diameter drill bit, drill the hand and the wrist and install 2 or 3 mm diam round magnets. Most likely you need to neat up the soft armour edge in the wrist at the cut point with green stuff. It appears (from the GW website picture) you can do the same for the storm bolter hand.

Eh, I am really not sure about that. Currently, GW loves to add a little armour plate protecting the wrist on one side, functionally making the 'sleeve' triangular in shape. I was trying to magnetize both MoC chaplain and BA terminator captain, had to give up as I didn't see the way to do it without ruining the model. Thankfully plasma pistols are really good now and in BA termie case, I just converted thunder hammer's tip into power maul, much faster and cleaner.