Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard - A Return to the Past

• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,979 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Let me see what I can do. I have either the arm or leg extensions still, I'll make sure this sucker is dragging.
  • Krakendoomcool likes this
Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,497 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII
PBB is talking about the warhound -I’m guessing as the Chaos Warhound is OOP, he thinks the sores and the pilot are your work? Just take the compliment! I won’t tell if you won’t. ;)

I’m with Kraut on the arm.

Also, where did you get those lovely exhausts?

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,979 posts
Wow, yeah... It's been a while since I did the Warhound. Yeah, all of that work on it is my doing too ;)

The exhaust stacks are from Kromlech. I used a couple on the Gnarlmaw Knight as well but they're kinda drowned out by the tree itself. Ork Vehicle Exhausts, I thought they'd give the Knights a more custom / somewhat cobbled together feel. Hell of a deal too, you get 10 stacks I believe.
  • Augustus b'Raass likes this

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,979 posts
How's this, you heretical scumdogs? Be aware that the shoulder still rotates but obviously the elbow does not.

vCmk2sk.jpg
K3MlXw5.jpg

Edited by DuskRaider, 20 October 2018 - 02:37 PM.

• Azaiel, Bryan Blaire, KrautScientist and 4 others like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,497 posts

That looks exactly like how Krauty described it. Maybe make the greenstuff cables more like they join the decimater arm's cables, but that's really the only thing you need to do at this point. Well done! :tu: :tu:

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

These Armigers are great. And don't listen to anyone else, the decimater parts fit perfectly!!

Creepy Chaos Stuff - Mechanical Daemons & Death Guard

Waaagh Sparktoof - Kult of Speed Orks

brettfp does Necromunda - Various Necro projects

My Savlar Chem Dogs WIP - 'Cry Havok and let slip the Chem Dogs of war!'

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10273.pnggallery_30308_9518_1334.png

Pandoras Bitz Box

Pandoras Bitz Box

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
Bah, you guys are too cruel! Well it's a compliment in way as I could see you being capable of those details. I couldn't even figure out why you were confused because since I saw what you said I can't see your imbeded anymore for some reason. Thanks for clarifying my error Augs... I'll just do the walk of shame now.

Hope what ever the problem is fixes itself soon, I don't want to miss out on your content!
  • Augustus b'Raass likes this

I contribute to a Blog and I have My WIP Thread here on Bolter and Chainsword

If your on Twitter you can see what I get up to there too @Pandorasbitzbox

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,362 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

The dragging claw looks fantastic, plus it also compliments the rest of the pose really well! I agree with Auggs about adding some cabling that actually plugs into the actual claw. And maybe a hint of a bracing mechanism, so it looks like the claw could actually be raised, if only in emergencies msn-wink.gif Apart from that, it's perfect. You could even have some marks/grooves/scratches on the base, to show how the claw is being dragged along the floor, for that extra bit of realism.

Oh, and you'll probably have seen this, but just in case: There seems to be a misalignment on the upper barrel of the Knight's right arm weapon.

Keep up the amazing work! smile.png

Edited by KrautScientist, 21 October 2018 - 12:22 PM.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,759 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion

I really wish I didn't now know that Decimator parts fit the Armiger, cause that looks seriously cool and I may have to nick the idea.

Dragonlover

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,979 posts
I actually did a little work to the arm last night and changed the pose a bit. I've bent the elbow slightly and turned the claw so that the top armoured half is now dragging. Unfortunately there's no wrist segment so I cannot exactly get the pose I'd like, but this is close. I think. I'll take pics when I'm home.

I'll probably add more cabling, I like making it anyhow. It's more of a challenge not going overboard :D

I also noticed the barrel is cockeyed. If anything I'll drill it out a bit until it looks even because there's no way I'm separating that piece without mangling it.

PBB: are you perhaps thinking of the Hall of Fame Titan thread? I did recently post pics of my Warhound over there.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,497 posts

@ Dusky: I'm so looking forward to those pics!

@ Dusky: (in hidden brackets because slightly OT)

Hidden Content

• DuskRaider likes this

CMDR_Welles

CMDR_Welles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

WOW! The dragging arm fixes the whole look of the model. Great idea and execution! 

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,979 posts

Bah! I forgot to take pics. I'll get them at some point tomorrow but now that I think about it... I may try to incorporate Kraut's idea of some kind of a bracing mechanism. In fact, I may put together or find some pistons to do so. I have to see what I have lying around. I'm still unsure of the current position I've given it. As I said, I wasn't able to 100% achieve the pose I wanted due to the model not having a wrist feature. It almost looks like it's just bending backward. Maybe... maybe I'll just go balls to the wall and remove the claw with my dremel and make my own "wrist" feature to make it a proper knuckle dragger. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)