DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle - An Experiment in Flesh and Machine

I use the shades. I used to water down paints but it just doesn't have the same consistency and look I want.

And not a bad idea Gederas, I'll get around to that.

Edited by DuskRaider

Well that was a treat to catch up on.

Great stuff.

Regards the Sector Mechanicus terrain I think if you build a few custom, unique and big features you’ll have the focal points to link the more stock stuff to.

It is a bit like kitbashing converted models once you finish building the stock builds, or even never building them as stock and doing everything custom.

Thanks bud, it's good to have you back. 

I've considered trying to blend some of the old Sector Imperialis Mechanicus building bits in to flesh it out a bit more. I had purchased the City box long ago when Apocalypse was released and kind of haphazardly assembled the buildings. With the new ones and these old ones showing their age, I may just take them apart and see what I can do.

Thanks bud. I'm almost done with them, only another day or two and they should be completed.

Seeing as the first two Knights are pretty much done, I've been looking toward the future of this army. I've got an unassembled Knight sitting here and I'm unsure of what to do with it. My plans at this time include another Gallant-type Knight and a twin-Avenger Gatling Cannon Knight.

I've ordered a Gnarlmaw. The more I think of it, the more I'm unsure if it will fit in my theme. Obviously, Nurgle and House Makabius are my two general themes, but it's very... organic, but not in a fleshy way. If that makes sense. I'll have to see the model in hand to see if I can make it work.

Looking forward to the painted knights.

I've been trying to find the Knight I saw with the Gnarlmaw on top. I can't find it again. This makes me think it was on twitter and I'm not the best at using twitter (struggle with the format) and searching on twitter can be fruitless sometimes. I will keep my eyes open and show you if it comes around again.

Looking forward to the painted knights.

I've been trying to find the Knight I saw with the Gnarlmaw on top. I can't find it again. This makes me think it was on twitter and I'm not the best at using twitter (struggle with the format) and searching on twitter can be fruitless sometimes. I will keep my eyes open and show you if it comes around again.

It was a mockup that Augustus b'Raass created on his thread. Hope this helps!

Yeah... I don't use Twitter myself and I seem to find myself banned on FB every couple of months, lol. I try to avoid most social media platforms.

I don't intend to mount it as Auggy displayed, I've got another idea. I think I posted it already. Like I said though, I don't know if it will even mesh with my existing Knights.

S6EGMb3h.jpg

Affiliation: House Makabius / HelForge Volgan (formerly Forge World M'Pandex)

Designation: Canticum Carnifici, Executioner's Song

Pilot: Aeshma Makabius (deceased)

Attendant Daemon: Leechmaw Rusthide

True Name: Kwhrhaethsszhhlhlon'nthl

Origin: Forge World Mezoa (Great Crusade Era), Mars-Alpha Pattern

Notes: Chassis' records found dating back to 934.M30, indicating manufacture origins to be Forge World Mezoa. Machine shows extensive mutation as well as bastardized armour plating of the Zaphadak Pattern originating from the forges of M'Pandex. Sightings numerous leading to the fall of Forge World Antioc, multiple accounts of destruction are proven to be false. Threat Level: Alpha

inP9gSdh.jpg

7dCOcW9h.jpg

bpApaTgh.jpg

mUuUTNfh.jpg

2eQLqCPh.jpg

yM5VBNXh.jpg

Dxz9AHCh.jpg

QETxPIth.jpg

RKzHRAch.jpg

a6NcHhyh.jpg

PFyYmWnh.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hMOaagTh.jpg

Alliegance: House Makabius / HelForge Volgan (formerly Forge World M'Pandex)

Designation: Lignum Truci, Gallows Grim

Pilot: Berith Makabius

Origin: Forge World M'Pandex, Zaphadak Pattern (Heresy Era)

Notes: Daemonic taint; while minimal in comparison to House Makabius' other chassis'; is still present. Rare example of complete Zaphadak Pattern Knight Chassis, native to former Forge World M'Pandex and extremely rare in Imperial Knight House ranks. Some consider pattern to be cursed. Chassis example of Traitor Mechanicum's penchant for overloading Knight chassis with redundant weaponry. See: dual Thermal Cannons. Extremely dangerous in close range, notably when accompanied by Executioner's Song. Threat Level: Alpha

bokJwjSh.jpg

2UKh20jh.jpg

nXZDWcTh.jpg

xMyr515h.jpg

3cYlEFeh.jpg

KaWntYPh.jpg

PJwZAXHh.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CNUD3fXh.jpg

Alliegance: House Makabius / HelForge Volgan (formerly Forge World M'Pandex)

Designation: Tenebris Prophetiae, Dark Omen

Pilot: Buer Apphus of Sept Apphus, Banner House of Makabius

Origin: Forge World Mezoa (Heresy Era), Armiger Pattern Warglaive

Notes: Despite appearances, Tenebris Prophetiae is piloted by human hands. Difficult to decipher what is Warp taint and what is ornamental. Often seen roaming in packs ahead of Knight maniples. Quite agile despite appearances. Threat Level: Delta

Q9xm8ugh.jpg

LadGj5gh.jpg

0Ywrg9Ch.jpg

Disgustingly brilliant work on the knights, it's refreshing to see some of the organic mutations being plant-like. The swollen flesh is very nicely done and the colour just right.

The soft grey colour works well as a base colour to offset the others.

Thanks guys, much appreciated! It was a joy to work on these, mainly the mutated behemoth. Now I'm looking at the next Knight sprue and have no idea where to go with it. Tactically, I think I should build the Twin-Avenger Knight next, but I had a lot of fun making a mutated one. The Gnarlmaw should be here Monday, but I think game wise a second Gallant-type might not be the best way to move forward at this point, seeing as my only ranged weaponry is the Thermal Cannons and they don't exactly reach out and touch anyone.

Thoughts?

The Knights are looking fantastic, especially the guy with the distorted left leg -- brilliantly disgusting conversion work on that one. Now if he only had the other Knight's perfect head,...

We already know you are great at doing rust and grime, so one thing I'd really like to point out is how well those decayed heraldic designs on the shoulder pads work! And while I still hate that "face shield", I will at least admit that it doesn't look as bad as it could have ;)

Anyway, fantastic stuff! Any plans for another Armiger -- maybe with parts from a Bloat-Drone grafted on...?

Thanks Krautie! I will admit, the shield didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but the good news is that I won't be using it again.

I do plan on two more Armigers to complete the pack, but I'm not sure how I want to arm them. At the moment it seems I have a mid-to-close range Knight army, so perhaps two more Warglaives are the answer. However, the Armiger Autocannons are pretty nice and I don't know if I can do two more Warglaives any justice after the first one. Especially with the weapon, I don't want to reuse the Dagger idea and I don't know what I would use as an alternative at that size.

Bloat Drone parts may be incorporated, but to what extent I'm unsure. The body doesn't gel with the Armiger silhouette at all and the faceplate is too large. Rotary blades would make no sense... perhaps the weaponry, stacks and cabling, but that's probably about it.

Haha, cute isn't exactly the term I'd think when I see them but I'll accept it! 

Don't forget I'm a bit crazy! Imagine warp spawned creatures of hell massacring the city while me standing there doing the "awwwwww" sound with sparkling eyes. 

Yes, I guess I sold my soul long ago :yes: :whistling:

Edited by Atia