DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle - An Experiment in Flesh and Machine

Awesome!  I'm about to try to smash out my plagubearer battalion. I'm going to adapt your flesh recipe so their skin is closer to the green flames I've got on my DG to represent the daemonic forces in smoke and flesh.

Go for it, can't wait to see the results! Word of advice, try to crank them out in an assembly line. It's monotonous, but it's the best way to do that many in one go.

That being said, I hope to never paint a single Plaguebearer again. Ever.

Did some more work on the Armigers, just trying to tidy some stuff up before I go further with modifications. I was hoping to get more done but this past weekend was my youngest daughter's birthday party and quite frankly I'm worn out from being so busy / lack of sleep lately.

I'm also trying to finish 6 more Questoris Knights for my Titanicus Knight House army, with another box of Lancers on the way to max their Banners out. After that I'm moving on to what I think is some of the cooler rules we got in Molech: Stratagem Markers Aerial Strafing, Anti-Armour Infantry and Secutarii. This is all being accomplished thanks to some beautiful Forumware kits in the form of Storm Eagles (Air Support), Mk. III / IV Missile Launcher Marines (Anti-Armour) and Tech Thralls (Secutarii). Looking forward to tackling those as well as making progress on my Chaos Knights.

Go for it, can't wait to see the results! Word of advice, try to crank them out in an assembly line. It's monotonous, but it's the best way to do that many in one go.

That being said, I hope to never paint a single Plaguebearer again. Ever.

Did some more work on the Armigers, just trying to tidy some stuff up before I go further with modifications. I was hoping to get more done but this past weekend was my youngest daughter's birthday party and quite frankly I'm worn out from being so busy / lack of sleep lately.

I'm also trying to finish 6 more Questoris Knights for my Titanicus Knight House army, with another box of Lancers on the way to max their Banners out. After that I'm moving on to what I think is some of the cooler rules we got in Molech: Stratagem Markers Aerial Strafing, Anti-Armour Infantry and Secutarii. This is all being accomplished thanks to some beautiful Forumware kits in the form of Storm Eagles (Air Support), Mk. III / IV Missile Launcher Marines (Anti-Armour) and Tech Thralls (Secutarii). Looking forward to tackling those as well as making progress on my Chaos Knights.

Check out Vanguard Miniatures - Secutarii-Lookalikes aswell as Thallaxii-Lookalikes are on the way btw :)

Lascannon and heavy bolter looking really good! I think the las-model should get a fear check when it comes onto the board.... a hiver comes out of the pipes rolling with a lascannon ... my cultists are out of there!

I think maybe that comment was meant for my thread?

No worries, bud.

Atia- I just bought out Vanguard Minis of all their Rocket Pods today, lol. I saw someone over on AT18 use them on their Knights and they fit perfectly. I'll probably stick with Forumware kits, the detail is top notch and they don't care about IP so they make everything exactly like FW does in the design department. I'm not really sure I need much else anyhow, the lot I bought is something like 60 Thralls, so that's 6 x 10 32mm markers. That's if I even use the Strategem, I'm so in love with March of the Dead that I can't see passing it up for something else unless we play larger games with more Strategem Points.

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't have anything noteworthy to show for my 40K Knights, I did recently finish more Titanicus House Makabius Knights and am preparing to begin the ETL process. Here's a link to my AT18 update:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353010-in-service-of-the-death-lord-duskraiders-at-project/?p=5328287

• 3 weeks later...

Concept time, kids.

I've finally started work on my ETL vow. I wasn't sure I was going to even vow this year and unfortunately the massive claw for my Armiger is missing so I'm already running into a massive setback, but I've begun the work on the Valiant. This will serve as the Seneschal of my House Makabius.

Think of this machine as a walking shrine devoted to Nurgle. Obviously there will be much more work done to this, but this gives the basic idea of the project.

5xEqOuB.jpg

I'm a little disappointed, I picked up some of the AoS Cemetery bits because I was going to make something of an open-air mausoleum or something on top but it's way too big. I'm not sure if I want to go too heavy on the mutations either.

I've been planning this for quite some time, but even in my head I haven't been able to completely nail it down. Obviously it has to be mutated to an extent and I hate having standard pieces on my Knights but I'm unsure how to Nurglfy the shoulder mounted turrets. I attempted to find Entropy Cannon bits for it, but they're impossible to locate. I feel they would look out of place standard on an otherwise twisted and corrupted machine.

I'm toiling away at it, I promise you. As you'll also notice, it's left leg is raised which means *gasp* I'll be basing it too! In fact, in addition to this one I'll be making bases for all of my Knights. I think doing the bases for Titanicus really helped me ease my anxiety when it came to them... despite being much smaller.

Haha, not as much as you think. I have an extensive bits box from playing for so long, I do a lot of trades with people for bits, and I'll occasionally do a commissioned paint job for local people. The Valiant here has been sitting in it's box since October or so. Between the release of Titanicus (which if I'm being honest is much more fun than 8th) and lack of inspiration, I've been stagnant. I suppose Nurgle would approve of that.

Making more progress on the Valiant. I'll post more Sunday, but my ETL vow is in jeopardy. If I can't find the Armiger Claw I won't paint it an I will fail. It'll be my first failure. However, I would rather fail than finish an incomplete model.

It's driving me to the brink of insanity too. The Armigers have only been in two places. I've looked in both locations, no Claw. I'm not sure how it even came off, it's not like it was made to.

I'm awaiting some more bits. I realized I only had enough Plaguespitters to convert one pair of Meltas, so I had to order another pair. I think I've solved the problem of the shoulder cannons, I have to experiment though.

Edit: Update! Found the Claw.

Edited by DuskRaider

Pics were promised and pics are delivered... Still a ways to go, but the carapace is almost done (barring some pitting maybe). I have a lot of green stuff work to do. I promised myself I wouldn't do much in the way of mutations and yet again I've lied to myself.

I didn't snap pics of it really, but the Knight has a prominent gut much like my mutated Questoris. On the side are three leech-like mouths which I plan on having the tubing from the mutated Incinterator lead into. That will prove to be a challenge in and of itself with disassembly, painting and reassembly. Oh boy!

Anyhow, onto the pics! And apologies for the stand-in uh... stand. This tall boy is VERY top heavy!

mn1Yiqn.jpg

LizzMXI.jpg

NvpfbE5.jpg

HubM907.jpg

gzsajO4.jpg

NBpcGj3.jpg

Anwe5lV.jpg

35ymt0G.jpg

WciRYdc.jpg

OMG, this is just amazing. Very ambitious and inspired conversion work, and a very significant effort. Can't wait to see it painted up. 

Where's the big beast skull from that's dangling between its legs?

Thanks guys!

@Eldrick: the candles are from Taro Models on Etsy, same place the Bell (well, the stand), the Knee Extensions, and the soon-to-be used Tilt Shields and resin Chain Link are from. I wish he had released his Torso Extension when I made my purchase months ago, instead I went through Shapeways.

@Kortmer: I'm hoping I'll make deadline with the paint, I still have quite a bit of work to do. I may bring it to work and start the green stuff tonight.

I believe the skull loincloth is from the Fantasy Beastmen Cygor. There was also a skull necklace that I've added behind the loincloth and there's some hanging skulls that I'll add elsewhere.