DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle - An Experiment in Flesh and Machine

Yup, I'll make sure to grab a photo of everything together. I'd prefer to do it when they're all based so I don't have to do it twice, but I may just do it anyhow.

I've based the sable on the Tyrant. I'm hoping by this time next week it'll be finished, but we'll see. At this time I'm working from home until further notice due to, well... you know. Nothing like having to buy home office furniture and supplies on the fly...

Welp... I was right on the timeline. Just about. The Tyrant is finished sans transfers which will be added some time today. It was fun... a lot more subdued than Benevolentia Strepo , but that was the idea. Hopefully I'll have a better update later tonight or tomorrow.

The next project is much more mundane, I'm afraid. Bases. Lots of bases. My goal is to have every Knight based by summer.

uoPK0WA.jpg

qWevron.jpg

SBWgYO2.jpg

CljDLzA.jpg

yispvj3.jpg

szIEUUH.jpg

4d2wfke.jpg

8LBWQ0Z.jpg

Zjh7Qz3.jpg

Affiliation: House Makabius / HelForge Volgan (formerly Forge World M'Pandex)

Designation: Immortale Iudici Judgement Immortal

Pilot: Hastor Makabius

Origin: HelForge Sarum / HelForge Volgan. Corruptor-Pattern Dominus Class Castellan Frame.

Notes: Once thought to be rumor and heretical lies, this extremely rare Dominus pattern machine has been silently plaguing the Imperium longer than originally theorized. Believed to be a collaboration between HelForges Sarum and Volgan, the frame shows telltale signs of influence from both.

The pattern itself is believed to have been created in conjunction with the Annihilator-Pattern Questoris Knight design and has been witnessed on a few occasions to be marching to war with closely aligned Traitoris Houses. Unlike all other sighted Corruptor-Pattern Dominus', Immortale Iudici displays further modifications by HelForge Volgan, such as heavier armour, unique weaponry associated with the Heretical Mechanicum's forge, and a much larger power plant to offset the weight gain.

This frame is equipped with an extremely uncommon Anvilus Pattern Volcano Cannon, modified further with a large muzzle brake to further disperse the recoil and allow quicker follow-up shots.

The Plasma Decimator appears to be at least partially organic, though the machine itself shows no signs of possession. It is believed it was crafted this way.

One of the more prominent features of Immortale Iudici is the massed mechadentrites extending from the "head" area. Each seems to be designed for specific functions, most notably the elongated "Hunter" manipulus framing the "head". These have been observed dislodging and even killing enemy infantry attempting to board the Knight. The appendages have the ability to also self-repair the machine as well as entangle and disembowel enemy Knight frames.

Proceed with caution.

Sorry guys, I'm running on fumes right now otherwise I'd write more. I may after I get some sleep and come back at it tomorrow.

Another brilliant knight (I believe I have already lost count, to be honest). I was somewhat wary of the many tentacles and cables during the WIP stage, but the paintjob beautifully ties everything together. The Plasma decimator arm stands out as a particularly cool element to me.

Wow! The paintwork looks amazing. The carapace really balances out the tentacles nicely by giving it some structure and shape. I really like the conversation and paint job on the secondary guns and shoulders. The steam punk vibe is really fitting and the weathered effect you've achieved really gives the model a lot of character.

Thanks for sharing this project, it's a real inspiration.

Thanks everyone!

@Zeph: thanks again for that, I don't think the model would be complete without it.

@Kraut: I'm with you on that one, bud. After I did all the mechadentrites I was worried there was too much... I don't know, weight? On the head area. I think it worked in the end, but as with all of them I still have my misgivings.

@Blank: thanks man! Yeah, I wanted to leave the carapace relatively untouched (other than damaged and corrosion). Legio Models had done enough detail as-is, I wasn't going to top it and I certainly didn't want to overshadow it. As far as the shoulder turrets, I was originally unsure if I wanted anything other than traditional Cannon barrels, but I like how they emulate Ad Mech weaponry so decided to use them instead.

Hah! I'd just be happy with GW acknowledging my House still exists, lol.

Well you asked for it and... be careful what you wish for. Here's a family photo, or at least the best I can do in my current situation.

The original plan was to bring the House to my FLGS and take a picture of them in action in a Loyalist vs Chaos Apocalypse (ish) game which would have reunited the House with my Legio Mortis Warhound I have since sold to a friend (I don't care if I sold it, it's still mine).

UNFORTUNATELY... New York is basically on a statewide lockdown. As of 8PM, all non-essential businesses have been shuttered. I may be able to take a better one in my kitchen, but that's now a makeshift classroom since my children are now essentially being homeschooled and I have a bad feeling it will be this way until September at least.

So we work with what we have. And in this case, we work with what has basically become my office desk.

So here they are in all their poorly lit, grainy glory.

TJSGXZH.jpg

I'm sure it'll be nicer once they're all based. Funny thing is, the Tyrants are about the same height sans the Bell but because I build my bases up so much the new one looks tiny comparatively. I suppose that'll be the next project. Ugh...

I was literally thinking, I hope there will be a group shot put up soon. I click on and there it is! That's really impressive work! How long has it taken to get to this stage?

I think about two years, give or take? I just looked back through and it seems like my first model was my Armiger with the Great Unclean One dagger for a CCW... July 2018, Page 21. I started this whole thing when the Renegade box was re-released but before "Renegade Knights" were given their mini codex. Time flies.

I'm sure it'll be nicer once they're all based. Funny thing is, the Tyrants are about the same height sans the Bell but because I build my bases up so much the new one looks tiny comparatively. I suppose that'll be the next project. Ugh...

That's a pretty impressive haul then. Quite the achievement!

For a while now I've been thinking "man, B&C is full of Knight projects these days", but turns out it's all you!

LOL... it seems like it sometimes, but there are definitely some very impressive builds currently or have been done on here. Petey's current Knight Cerastus is one I'm following and it makes mine look like a sloppy mess. Sgt. Blank has been building some great models as well. I know there are some nice Loyalist builds as well, but most are down in the Ad Mech forum.

@Markus: thanks! I'm pretty pleased with the result but I'm sure it'll look a lot better when it's on a base... someday...

And of course now GW has effectively shut down just before the one PA book I've been looking forward to is gearing up toward release. Hopefully we'll get to see Engine War soon one way or another.

Edited by DuskRaider