DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle - An Experiment in Flesh and Machine

That's the worst news, Dusky. Thankfully you and the dogs are safe. I hope you have some kind of insurance that will cover the cost to your house. 

As to your miniatures and hobby; don't worry about that. We'll be here. The miniatures will be there to fix or redo or whatever. Focus on what's really important! 

I'd give you a hug if it weren't for the virtuality ad covid. 

I'll end with a joke that I hope will lighten your spirit ever so slightly. Your health and safety and that of your family is what's most important. It's your base. So once again I am telling you to work on your bases. ;)

<3

Big ups, mate. I'm so sorry for what happened.

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to me.

Yes, thankfully insurance is going to take care of it all. My friend joked that this may be a blessing in disguise because now I can get the whole house remodeled on their dime, heh. He's bound and determined to get it all cleaned for me and even offered his hobby room for me to work remotely in so I'm most likely going to do that and work on cleaning them in my down time.

Hey bud, I'm sorry to hear what's happened! As others have said, the main thing is that you and your family are safe.

I know at the end of the day they are just plastic minis and can be replaced but it's the time and effort gone into them that costs! Hopefully you can get them all cleaned up. As the hobby is for many people, they may offer a welcomed distraction at a difficult time.

Ooof, that's not good. Glad to hear you (and the dogs) are safe though.

I'm not good with things like this, but honestly: I'd say take a step back, think things over.

Models can always be repaired and, even thought it sucks to do with how much effort goes into them, replaced.

Some of of could even send a care package or two your way should it be necessary :yes:

Sentiments to you and the family. Hope you feel better, the insurance process all works out; and the great thing about the hobby is it’s always there for you. I’m sure your friend will salvage a good bit do your work. Truly sorry and will say a prayer for you and the family and dogs.

Thanks everyone... I really have to say I love this community so much.

Well, some good news. It looks like just about everything is salvageable. The one in the worst condition is the WIP Knight. He has a lot of soot damage and one of his weapons is MIA but he should still be able to be saved. Most of the models were in my display case and while they have some soot present (the cases aren't air tight unfortunately) it's minimal. My Titanicus models were completely spared due to being in a Rubbermaid cabinet in my closet, which was closed.

It looks like we're still in business. I'm not sure if I'll be in a creative mood anytime soon, but we'll clean it all.

Glad you and the family is safe. Make sure to treat those doggos.

And also glad your models have survived I can imagine how soul crushing it would be to lose all of that work. Heck I've barely touched my nids since I dropped my freshly in painted give tyrant and that was just one model losing a whole army would probably have me out of the hobby too.

If they end up a little smokey it'll just add to the ambiance of them. Bit like scratch and sniff.

Anyway best wishes and take your time. Don't forget to look after yourself mentally too.

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone,

Long time no see. I was debating on whether I should post or not seeing as right now I don't have too much to show, but here I am anyhow.

2020 sucked. Actually, that's probably the biggest understatement of the century. It was wretched. As I write this we're still not back in the house. It's been a long road wrought with setback after setback but thankfully at this point we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've slowly started to get back into the hobby. Over the fall I painted a couple minis here and there but was unable to really get my heart into it so I set my paintbrushes down. This was after an initial hiatus of about 3 months.

I've been working on two more Knights. One being the four armed WIP I had shown over the summer and the other being a twin-Thermal Knight which is utilizing the newer Nurgle kit and weaponry from Legio Models that I had received as prize for the painting competition. I'm also using various parts from a Maggoth kit I purchased to give it more of a mutated feel and not just "I bought this kit and slapped it on a Knight model".

I've made some headway but right now it needs greenstuff work and I'm not sure I'm up to the task for that at this point.

I've also picked up Titanicus again and have started where I left off this summer with my Warbringers along with 16 Cerastus Knights for my ever growing AT Makabius force. This is where my concentration has been thus far as its a smaller project in terms of scale and work overall.

I'm hoping to get some kind of photos up soon. I need to get another lightbox so I may wait until then, however.

Glad to see you back here, Dusky! Man, 2020 sucked for everyone, but it sure kicked you in the nuts something extra fierce. All the best in your RL troubles and I hope you can rekindle a bit of the solace the hobby gave you before all this. Big ups!

I was actually thinking about you and those excellent creations of yours the other day. Glad to see you back and hope AT gets you back into the swing of things soon.

I also hope you get back into your home soon too. Wishing you and your family a much better year!

Thanks everyone, glad to be back. I did pick up the new Death Guard codex and I have continued where I left off with the Max Factory Sorcerer so he's almost done. The issue I'm running into is I've lost just about all of my old FW pigments and whatnot so I have to find replacements for those as well as some other things. Just about all of my supplies were lost as well. I've been slowly building my paint collection back up and I have some paintbrushes I took from my friend. As I keep going I notice more and more is MIA which is a bummer but it's all replaceable (except for those damn pigments).

As for the family, they're doing good. It was particularly difficult for my youngest one since she lost basically everything including but it's just about all been replaced and then some thanks to insurance. They had the biggest Christmas they probably ever will, haha. The dogs are finally back to normal. My shepherd in particular was pretty shook up over it all considering she was in her crate in the kitchen when it happened but she's recovered well.

Right now I'm trying to re-learn some of my recipes. Some I have written down here but others such as my Titanicus ones were varied from these and I'm trying to recall them with varying success. Hopefully it all works out.

Welcome back, it's good to hear everyone is doing better.

Hobby/interest wise, slow and steady wins the race of enjoyment, I think. Have fun when it's fun, there's no point in trying to force fun (this isn't a cruise ship!).

Very excited to see what you've been working on, shame about the pigments though.