Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heed the Higher Call: THC V2.0

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

KingHongKong

KingHongKong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts

Hey Olis, it's not too late to nudge Grig into a gumshoe lawman instead of a mercenary. Robocop Dirty Harry Judge Dredd on a mission to right wrongs with a fatalistic religious bend and his loyal sidekick Robo Scooby-Doo! biggrin.png

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,843 posts

Maybe another character, another time. ^_^

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

PaperBob

PaperBob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
  • Chapter Name: Adeptus Mechanicus

Oh boy, I can sense the tides turning. Y'all are gonna make the naive scribe into the leader aren't you?! wacko.png

KingHongKong

KingHongKong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts

Oh boy, I can sense the tides turning. Y'all are gonna make the naive scribe into the leader aren't you?! wacko.png

The naive scribe with insatiable curiosity. Nobody would expect him! Why, would you rather follow the smalltime drug lord? biggrin.png

KingHongKong

KingHongKong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts

I know there are a few people waiting in the wings who haven't written up characters, and Dos and Olis (and I suppose me) think our party could use an Arbitrator (with a riot shield and robot doggy). Right now, we have a band of misfits without a straight man in sight, and who better to fill the hole than a lawman? I figured I'd start something off, by more or less transplanting Arthur Bailey from Blood Drive (you really should watch it), another last sane man in an insane world. I'm really bad at names, so for the time being, I'll just call him Gerald.

NAME Gerald ________ AFFILIATION: Imperium STATUS: PENDING DIVINATION: To Be Determined

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION AGE 23 Terran Standard 6'2" or 188cm. 200lbs or 91kg, muscular.

PERSONALITY Gerald is brimming with youthful energy. Bright eyed, optimistic, and fueled by a strong sense of right and wrong, he is dedicated to righting the daily injustices he sees in the world around him on his patrols. However, much to the chagrin of his superiors, he is far from a model officer. Gerald believes that in his role as an Arbitrator, he is foremost a servant of the Imperial citizen, a distinction that has led to him bending and breaking rules on multiple occasions to protect the unfortunates scraping by from the blind and uncompassionate hand of Imperial law. At the same time, Gerald has helped bring down the hammer on far worse thugs, gangers, and heretics that would seek to harm those same people.

Gerald believes that the God Emperor of Mankind is a loving and kind ruler and his Imperium ultimately wholesome and benign. He holds the Imperium's bureaucrats in mild disdain, finding many of their laws distasteful, the decision makers too detached from reality to make effective legislation with appropriate penalties.

PRIOR LIFE Gerald was raised in the Schola Progena. Always strong willed, he was beloved by some instructors while others found him a thorn in their side. Athletically built and decently intelligent, Gerald made his way to graduation with passing marks, few commendations, and few dozen more disciplinary violations.

CLOTHING Adeptus Arbites uniform and armor

EQUIPMENT Law enforcement stuff

WEAPONS Cyber Mastiff Gerald has a robot doggy that loves him very much and that he loves very much. The doggy helps Gerald conduct investigations. It is also a lethal killing machine when ordered to do so. Riot Shield Bolt Pistol Shock Maul

I tried doing this one earlier when I called it "say nice things" hoping to spark a bit of conversation and iron out our characters in preparation for the campaign, even though it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. So, to try and light a bit more of a fire, I'm going to call it "the things I like and things that can be improved."

I'll keep saying this bit until someone tells me I'm wrong and should shut up: I don't think PBP is an RPG in a typical sense. I think it's a lot more like collaborative story telling. To that end, each of our characters isn't really our character so much as a part of the cast that we're going to be sharing while we write. If that's the case, then I think it's important that we understand each of the characters involved, maybe put a hand in helping shape them even before we start the campaign proper, and, even if we don't necessarily love every character, we should be able to understand and appreciate everyone involved.

Starting from the top (and I think it might be an interesting exercise if you did it as well):

Ace, Meribeth DeBranlyn

THINGS I LIKE: Repeating, I like Meribeth's struggle to be the highborn noblewoman doing right with the necessity to be a criminal to survive. I like the quest opportunity her backstory creates.

THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPROVED: Prefacing, I know that Ace can answer a lot of these extraneous questions with a very simple and very true fact, that depending on what Mol decides for our campaign, it might be better to leave these things vague.

What are the dynamics of House DeBranlyn? Is Meribeth the primary heir? Are there siblings? Are there siblings that are in the criminal circuit with their father? Are they happy Meribeth is gone and on the run?

I don't like Lord DeBranlyn accusing Meribeth of conducting the criminal activity, I think it's a plot point that would still incriminate House DeBranlyn and bring unwanted attention to him. That isn't to say that I dislike the core of the story: Meribeth's father accuses her of crimes she didn't commit and turned her into a fugitive. The question for me then becomes who is Meribeth running from? Imperial officers? House DeBranlyn's thugs?

I don't like how Meribeth has managed to go for a decade while remaining so clean. Her crimes are, at worst, petty theft. If she's wanted on a dozen worlds under however many aliases, she has to have done something worse than robbery (A heinous crime, a show of force A murder would be nice of course).

PaperBobBracchus Firstly, I'd like to congratulate PaperBob on creating probably the most 40k and Inquisitorial character out of all of us, an achievement that is even greater considering that he is not wholly familiar with 40k. Bracchus gets the Inquisition's attention for being too curious. It's perfect.

THINGS I LIKE: I like the image of an otherwise imposing man browbeaten into his quiet and otherwise submissive role in bureaucracy, it's funny. I like that his skills are drawn from ultimately working in an office environment: He reads quickly because it's his job to sift data, he's light on his feet because Emperor forbid you make noise in that work environment.

THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPROVED: Bracchus's personality is not well developed. When I first read the character, my impression was of a coward in over his head, and on further thought that has to be wrong. Bracchus can be timid, he can even be scared out of his mind, but he isn't a coward. Cowards don't pull on strings and try to unravel mysteries. It's a Game of Thrones line, but I think it's appropriate, paraphrasing "the only time a man can be brave is if he's afraid." I think that there's a balance that needs to be found between Bracchus's fears (is it only inexperiences or is there more?) and his bravery to overcome that feeling and push against the darkness.

I'm personally a fan of having Bracchus as Acolyte Prime because of his skill set seeking information. I think PaperBob is warming up to the idea. I know Ace doesn't want Meribeth to be Acolyte Prime (my second pick), and I know that Olis has reconsidered Grig for the role. Arthur hasn't been put up for consideration. What else would make Bracchus the ideal candidate for the role? Perhaps he's high up enough in the Imperial bureaucracy that he has some idea of management?

Lastly, Bracchus still needs a portrait.

OlisGrigastus "Grig" Fowlian

THINGS I LIKE: Repeating myself, I like the tough as nails old man that's been around the block and seen a bit of everything.

THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPROVED: I don't think Grig is a coherent character, and I think that there are ideas in his summary that can be expanded on to fill that. Right now, Grig is the only character that explicitly "finds time to pray." We do have a gap in our party where a holy man would otherwise be, and I think that Grig's backstory sets him up to fill that role. Instead, it's written to suggest that Grig is more oriented towards debauchery.

MeArthur "Cidane"

THINGS I LIKE: I think he's funny. I think he's got an appropriately creepy silhouette.

THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPROVED: I fear Arthur may be wearing too many hats: Chemist, Pharmacist, Smalltime Drug Lord, Part Time Grave Robber.

I don't think Arthur has very good motivation. He strikes me as someone incredibly content, someone who undoubtedly has a fair bit of wealth without the inclination to spend it (he has money, but he still looks emaciated, he can afford better, but he still lives in an underhive shack, etc.) What drags him in? Is he ambitious enough to see what he can accomplish as an Inquisitorial Acolyte?

Lastly, I'm not sure how Mol usually starts his campaigns. I doubt we're going to do anything as cliche as "you sit down in a tavern." To that end, what relationships are we looking at prior or what threads can bring us together. I don't know what Mol has planned either, but from what we have now, I think that there's a very interesting story thread to tug on behind Meribeth with her father, and what makes it especially appealing to me is that there are very easy ways for us all to weave our way into that story.

Now, Mol is obviously the final arbiter, but I don't think that's any reason why we can't share our mind on this. I'm in favor of a campaign to topple House DeBranlyn. I know Ace is open to the idea of getting justice for Meribeth. What say the rest of you?

Presumably, the campaign would go with Bracchus pulling on some threads and finding a local branch of the DeBranlyn Criminal circuit. Meribeth has been monitored by the Inquisitor for some period of time, and with the information Bracchus has found, it is now time to take down DeBranlyn. Grig is watching out for Meribeth, a Zaalbar to her Mission. Arthur is, knowingly or not, a low level member of DeBranlyn's crime ring, and is recruited to exploit his connections and infiltrate up the ladder.

Edited by KingHongKong, 23 July 2017 - 02:04 AM.

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,214 posts

gallery_60289_7101_17767.jpg

[Last recorded pict-capture of subject]

Brenner Skjold

Affiliation: Imperial
Divination:TO BE DETERMINED

Physical Description

Physically fit and deceptively strong, Brenner Skjold has honed his body for a life of constant danger. He has spent nearly two decades chasing hardened criminals through treacherous environments, administering the Emperor's Justice once they have been caught. Though not unattractive, he bears the scars of his occupation upon a face filled with weary eyes, the look of a guilty conscious weathering his features.

Personality
Quick to anger and hard to reason with, Brenner is used to people obeying him. The past few years have been hard as he's had to adapt to a world that no longer moves aside when he draws near. Not known to be friendly, even before he became a fugitive, the former Arbitrator has been forced to cooperate with the very people he once worked so fervently to stop.

Once devout in his belief in the Imperial Creed, Brenner has lost his faith amid the death and suffering of a doomed empire. The horrors of life within the Imperium have taken their toll upon him, and it has become increasingly rare to find him feeling rested in the morning. This, and a near constant paranoia, has led him to a bottle more often than he'd admit. And though he may drink to dull the nightmares, he refuses to touch chems or smokes, if only to remain physically capable.

Though he remains distrusting of everyone he meets, there is a loyalty born from camaraderie lying deep within him. Shared hardship might just be the key to unlocking his trust and respect.

Prior Life
Rank/Position: Adeptus Arbites/Arbitrator(Former), Fugitive/Mercenary(Current)

Orphaned with no memory of his parents, Brenner quickly outpaced his fellow students with his fanatical will to succeed. Through conviction and intelligence he gained a reputation as both cunning and ruthless. Always eager to patrol outside the Precinct Fortress, he impressed his superiors with his determination and initiative. It wasn't long before he was reassigned to a new world, with the rank of Arbitrator freshly pinned upon his uniform.

Single-minded and fervent in his prosecution of the Lex Imperialis, Brenner initially apprehended the vast majority of his targets, handing them over to the senior judges for punishment. After arresting the same offenders multiple times, the young Arbitrator began to question his superiors. He started dealing with the criminals himself, delivering punishment as he saw fit, always within the boundaries of his office. He was reprimanded on several occasions, though this did not stop him from carrying out his sworn oath. Yet, the gangers and hive scum continued to become better equipped and better coordinated. It was during the middle of his most important execution, the local underhive boss, that Brenner realized he had pursued the wrong enemy. He was accused of the Crime of Abstraction by the very men he had called brothers. The Arbitrator responded the only way he knew how.

And now he is hunted, a Precinct Fortress and entire habblock left in his wake. The destroyed buildings and maimed innocents lie as a monument to his sins. Stripped of his title, Brenner remains constantly on the run, no longer carrying the armor or weapons of his former occupation. Alone and laying low on another backwater world, the former lawman finds a letter written in High Gothic waiting for him when he wakes,

"Atone for your sins."

Clothing

* Flak Vest with Combat Webbing, Combat boots, Combat trousers (Urban Grey), Civilian long-sleeved shirt (Dark Blue).

A life spent chasing criminals has taught Brenner the art of surveillance/counter surveillance. He wears what allows him to fit best in his surroundings, unless of course he is equipped for a fight. His clothing, while unassuming, is also practical for self defense.

Equipment
* Clip-Harness (built into the Webbing), Flashlight, Rope, Heavy Ammunition Bandoleer, Maglock Plate, Compact Ballistic Shield

Combat minded, Brenner carries a surplus of survival gear everywhere he goes. When violence is the only option he will reach for his shield, built to be carried with one hand and withstand most stub caliber weaponry. When not in use, the shield remains folded and maglocked against the back of his Flak vest.

Weapons
*  Stub Revolver

A heavy piece of metal, this revolver is the only weapon Brenner kept when fleeing his life as an Arbitrator. Loud and powerful, the firearm never leaves his side. It still bears the thin scratches of his targets along the barrel.

* Grenade Launcher

A single-shot, break-action launcher, Brenner has sawed off both the front of it's barrel, and majority of it's stock, to make the weapon more easily concealable. The heavy ammunition bandoleer hanging across his chest is seldom full of the launcher's ammunition.

* Knives

Often relying on blades when his ammunition went dry fighting criminals, the fugitive keeps at least two available and within reach at all times. Resorting to throwing them when necessary, he has even been known to craft shivs out of basic materials if the situation demands it.

• KingHongKong and Chaplain Dosjetka like this
To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,214 posts

Sorry it took so long, but my character is up. I worked closely off Olis character sheet, so apologize if theres anything from his left.

Let me know what needs work.

KingHongKong

KingHongKong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts

I dig him reckoning! Give him a Cyber Mastiff, and you'll make Olis very happy biggrin.png

EDIT I read it over another two or three times.

I like the arbitrator turned fugitive story. I really like the part about losing faith, it sets him up to be an excellent foil to Grig.

A few points that I see as off:

It isn't clear to me how long he's been on the run.

You mention he's used to being obeyed. Is this in reference to being an Arbitrator and used to having civilians follow his orders or is Brenner someone that you think would be good for Acolyte Prime?

"It still bears the thin scratches of his targets along the barrel." is worded very strangely, implying that the targets are the ones leaving the scratches. I assume you're saying that he has scratches on his pistol's barrel tallying his kills?

Edited by KingHongKong, 23 July 2017 - 02:23 AM.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,959 posts
What is it with you lot and your bloody obsession with cyber mastiffs? :lol:

nRoyhsi.jpg

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

'Monopoly just wasn't the same after I called down an orbital strike on Baltic Avenue.' - NemFX

'Also, when you are against Tau it is only Cleanse. The Control part is not necessary.' - SanguinaryGuardsman

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,214 posts
Guess I was vague about how long he's been on the run. Maybe 2 or 3 years max. Nothing very long.

The line about being obeyed references his status as an Arbitrator. That no longer exists.

After reading back over the kill scratches I can see the confusion. My mind was fuzzy by the end of writing the bio.

And ya, I probably won't be taking a cyber mastiff...

KingHongKong

KingHongKong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts

What is it with you lot and your bloody obsession with cyber mastiffs? laugh.png

They're cute and remind me of the only likable character in Fahrenheit 451.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,843 posts

I'll keep saying this bit until someone tells me I'm wrong and should shut up: I don't think PBP is an RPG in a typical sense. I think it's a lot more like collaborative story telling. To that end, each of our characters isn't really our character so much as a part of the cast that we're going to be sharing while we write. If that's the case, then I think it's important that we understand each of the characters involved, maybe put a hand in helping shape them even before we start the campaign proper, and, even if we don't necessarily love every character, we should be able to understand and appreciate everyone involved.

While I may agree that PBP is, at least in part, collaborative, I'm hesitant to fully concur.

I remember frequenting a now-defunct forum (afaik) waaay back in the late nineties, maybe the early noughties, called GriffonGate. Fairly regular in terms of sci-fi forums but it was the first place where I cut my teeth on PBP content. It was also the place where, in my opinion, I made the error of using other people's characters in my (quite lengthy) posts. The mech campaign that we were running went well enough up to that point. Then I started to make quite cinematic battle posts where everyone was involved. I thought I was doing their characters justice by making them heroic. Turns out, it was the old 'stepping on toes' in the most egregious fashion. At the time, I didn't really understand that using others characters in anything but a cameo wasn't done. You're putting words in someone else's mouth. Which is even worse if you don't truly understand how the character is supposed to think and act. Well, suffice it to say, the campaign died from neglect and I still believe I instigated that.

So, I appreciate where you're coming from, KHK. For myself, since GriffonGate, I've always tried to confer with others if I'm doing something with their character. Anything more than something quite basic or non-speaking, at least.

OlisGrigastus "Grig" Fowlian
THINGS I LIKE: Repeating myself, I like the tough as nails old man that's been around the block and seen a bit of everything.
THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPROVED: I don't think Grig is a coherent character, and I think that there are ideas in his summary that can be expanded on to fill that. Right now, Grig is the only character that explicitly "finds time to pray." We do have a gap in our party where a holy man would otherwise be, and I think that Grig's backstory sets him up to fill that role. Instead, it's written to suggest that Grig is more oriented towards debauchery.

I suppose I could make him more pious. I must admit I have an in-built bias to thinking he works fine as he is - the debaucherous activities and his religiosity in response to his mid-life trauma is something we've spoken of already, so I won't say the same thing here. They were, at least in part, an effort to make and keep the character an interesting prospect as the campaign evolved. However, I think I need to be careful if I do change him - I will want to keep the same overall outlook (ostensibly, the "been there, done that" old warhorse). 

What does everyone think?

Lastly, I'm not sure how Mol usually starts his campaigns. I doubt we're going to do anything as cliche as "you sit down in a tavern." To that end, what relationships are we looking at prior or what threads can bring us together. I don't know what Mol has planned either, but from what we have now, I think that there's a very interesting story thread to tug on behind Meribeth with her father, and what makes it especially appealing to me is that there are very easy ways for us all to weave our way into that story.

Now, Mol is obviously the final arbiter, but I don't think that's any reason why we can't share our mind on this. I'm in favor of a campaign to topple House DeBranlyn. I know Ace is open to the idea of getting justice for Meribeth. What say the rest of you?

Presumably, the campaign would go with Bracchus pulling on some threads and finding a local branch of the DeBranlyn Criminal circuit. Meribeth has been monitored by the Inquisitor for some period of time, and with the information Bracchus has found, it is now time to take down DeBranlyn. Grig is watching out for Meribeth, a Zaalbar to her Mission. Arthur is, knowingly or not, a low level member of DeBranlyn's crime ring, and is recruited to exploit his connections and infiltrate up the ladder.

Maybe a DeBranlyn investigation could work well. I believe we are only looking to do a (comparatively) short campaign. Perhaps this could be a situation where an Inquisitor (or a subordinate of theirs) is merely gathering 'associates', giving them a low-priority case and throwing them in the deep end to see who sinks and who swims. The survivors are then considered bona fide agents. How's that for you?

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,329 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Castigators

Hi all, 

With the holidays here I will be reading through all this to get reacquainted and then I'll be posting. 

Hope you're all well, 

Mol

• KingHongKong, Chaplain Dosjetka, reckoning and 1 other like this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,329 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Castigators

Hi all, 

Really pleased to see how you've managed the thread in my absence, and your really positive and collaborative approaches to team construction. As has been mentioned, this is a collaborative process and can also be thought of as auditioning.

I've created a character thread where you can feel free to post up your characters and I will be posting further soon.

• Olis likes this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

KingHongKong

KingHongKong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts

Mol, I was under the impression that you'd be tweaking our characters to suit the campaign. Should we be waiting for your adjustments in this thread or post what we have now in the character thread and await changes there?

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 4,993 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Thousand Ideas

First thing first:

Brenner Skjold gets a 10/10 from me. biggrin.png

I figure he's going to be more than a little dismissive of his teammates, since they're comprised largely of the criminal element, but it'll be interesting to see how they all get along (or don't, as the case might be).

I tried doing this one earlier when I called it "say nice things" hoping to spark a bit of conversation and iron out our characters in preparation for the campaign, even though it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. So, to try and light a bit more of a fire, I'm going to call it "the things I like and things that can be improved."

THINGS THAT CAN BE IMPROVED: Prefacing, I know that Ace can answer a lot of these extraneous questions with a very simple and very true fact, that depending on what Mol decides for our campaign, it might be better to leave these things vague.

That was exactly why I'd avoided going into more detail.

I want my character to fit the campaign, I don't want Mol to have to bend the campaign to fit my character.

What are the dynamics of House DeBranlyn? Is Meribeth the primary heir? Are there siblings? Are there siblings that are in the criminal circuit with their father? Are they happy Meribeth is gone and on the run?
I don't like Lord DeBranlyn accusing Meribeth of conducting the criminal activity, I think it's a plot point that would still incriminate House DeBranlyn and bring unwanted attention to him. That isn't to say that I dislike the core of the story: Meribeth's father accuses her of crimes she didn't commit and turned her into a fugitive. The question for me then becomes who is Meribeth running from? Imperial officers? House DeBranlyn's thugs?
I don't like how Meribeth has managed to go for a decade while remaining so clean. Her crimes are, at worst, petty theft. If she's wanted on a dozen worlds under however many aliases, she has to have done something worse than robbery (A heinous crime, a show of force A murder would be nice of course).

Before I begin, you win 20 internet points for the Dr. Horrible quote. Good man. biggrin.png

Now; I'm still working on balancing how justice-driven Maribeth should be. I quite like the idea she's driven to get justice, but I don't entirely want to lose the fugitive, always-on-the-run mentality from the character either.

But regarding the rest of the background, I knocked Maribeth's background together in twenty minutes or so. I haven't even got a first name for Lord DeBranlyn, let alone worked out the exact size, influence, habits or history of the family.

It's great that you've raised so many good questions, but I'm going to have to be utterly infuriating and give you no answers, because I don't have them.

See, there's tons of room for elaboration and especially improvement in Maribeth's backstory, that's true.

But at least if the details are vague I can adjust the DeBranlyn family and Maribeth's past to fit the campaign without throwing away hours of work. Which, to be honest, I'm happy about. happy.png

PaperBob

PaperBob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
  • Chapter Name: Adeptus Mechanicus

As far as the portrait goes for Bracchus, I've been having some trouble searching out a futuristic scribe-looking character. Almost all the of the types I've found related to 40k seem a bit too grimdark for me, with over the top augmetics or some other alteration to their basic human form hah

And for personality being undeveloped, I admit that it hadn't yet been a concern at the time of the write-up. I was then more focused on some kind of cohesive backstory that would make sense, and given my lack of familiarity with the setting I spent more time on that (so hopefully it's not a total wash tongue.png )

I've also gone ahead and copy/pasted my character post over to Molotov's new thread. I assume edits and whatnot can occur over there.

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,214 posts

My character is up, with a few clarifications/fixes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users