Emperor's Children/Noise Marine Tactica

leth

Nope, just the regular marines daemon princes.  They dont get the daemon specific buffs but their re-roll 1's applies to both armies.

No i meant : did you mix daemon and Emperor Children in your army to get a daemon prince (for reroll 1 to hit for daemon and emperor's children).

Not yet, It was 750 and noise marines eat up quite a few points haha.  Its just the fact that he DOES buff both which is what makes them so useful. 

One question I haven't gotten an opinion from the Daemon side of the board, what is everyone's thoughts on Slaanesh Soulgrinders?

Cranking it up with Hysterical Frenzy seems cash.

Though this is obviously the case for any unit with Keyword Slaanesh and Daemon. 

Have a blast!

So, since we didn't get FW rules for the Sonic Dreadnought. Has anybody tried house ruling in a Helbrute with a Blastmaster? Now that we have points costs for models without any weapons included. It seems like it would be pretty straight forward to do, along with Sonic Terminator, and a Sonic Predator.  It doesn't seem to OP too me; since you wouldn't be making up rules or point cost. 

So, since we didn't get FW rules for the Sonic Dreadnought. Has anybody tried house ruling in a Helbrute with a Blastmaster? Now that we have points costs for models without any weapons included. It seems like it would be pretty straight forward to do, along with Sonic Terminator, and a Sonic Predator.  It doesn't seem to OP too me; since you wouldn't be making up rules or point cost.

:tu:

Since I have one, yes, that's what I'd do, and ask my opponents very kindly if they mind my using it (probably in Open or Narrative).

Sonic Dreadnought:

So the new Sonic Dreadnought is a Hellbrute with two additional wargear options; it may take a doom siren, and it may replace its multi-melta with two Blastmasters. 

Doom Siren:

Skip the Doom Siren isn't worth it's points any more, plus you have access to a heavy flamer as an upgrade to the Helbrute fist anyway. 

Twin Blastmasters:

Taking two Blastmasters cost only 6 points more that a Twin Lascannon, for 2D3 S8/AP-2/D3 shots. Its potentially much better than Twin Lascanons against armor doing 8 damage on average, but up to 18 damage in a single shooting phase. While its alt firing mode makes it effective against infantry hordes with up to 2D6 S4/AP-1/Damage 1 hits. Imagine if you happen to role crazed!  :ohmy.:    A Sonic Dreadnought with just 2 Blastmasters, and a Helbrute Fist for 168 pts. All that and its still 27 pts cheaper with for its two Blastmaster shots than the IA13 version! You could then take a heavy flamer in the fist for +17 pts, or swap out the fist for a Power Scourge for 7X S8/AP-2/Damage 2 melee attacks for 173 pts.  There's no reason to NOT get this dreadnought over a basic Helbrute if you play Emperor's Children. 

Also unlike the 7th ed version your don't have to stay still to get to shots from the Blastmaster making it more mobile. I'll take one or two and keep them in the backfield for fire support and to protect my camping Noise Marines for deep strikers.

Edited by Sersi

I'm really considering modeling an Emperor's Children Contemptor dread into a Sonic Dreadnought. Do you think someone could argue the WYSIWYG against me for using a contemptor as the Sonic dread is oop ? 

And what do you think should go on the other arm ?

I'm really considering modeling an Emperor's Children Contemptor dread into a Sonic Dreadnought. Do you think someone could argue the WYSIWYG against me for using a contemptor as the Sonic dread is oop ? 

And what do you think should go on the other arm ?

I am confident you won't have an issue. From a gaming point of view a Contemptor is larger than a Sonic Dread so it offers no advantage whatsoever.

As for other arm, I would go with Power Scourge or Fist. Depending on points H. Flamer or Combi Flamer. Doomsiren to be fluffy but not really worth it.

And i'll will need a wat to put a Doom Siren on a Contemptor as proxy for a Sonic Dread. Not the best use of points but i cannot imagine a sonic dread without this. 

Any idea on how to do this ? Blitz sites are empty on dirge caster and not sure the actual GW doom siren for NM champ will feet on a dread..

In power level games there's no reason not to max out upgrades on the Sonic dread, 2 blast masters, heavy flamer, fist and doom siren. I tried using it in a game last night but my opponent got it with some buffed hellblasters - still I'm calling it new model syndrome and tonight it should be fine lol.

In regards to Soul Grinders...

I dark channelled 1 last week and then warp timed it with my daemon prince - after the charge it will go first but pick your targets as it has a low number of attacks and are better off shooting than stuck in combat.

Yep yep, tournament this weekend and here is my current list

2x Daemon Prince

3x 10 Noise Marines - 7 sonic, 2 blastmaster

2x sonic dread with scourge

Deredeo - Butcher Cannon, Hellfire Veil, Greater Havoc, Twin Heavy Bolter

Herald on Steed

2x1 Scout Sentinel - Heavy flamer

2x Fiend

7CMD points.  Scout sentinels are for deep strike defense.  The Helbrutes bring both CC(at 7 atks each) and shooting. 10 blast masters, 21 sonic blasters. Daemon Princes giving everyone re-roll ones to hit and prescience(for one unit)/potential mortals wounds.  Deredeo Providing that sweet sweet invul to the Helbrutes.

Fiends go with the herald to cast the -1 hit psychic power as well as be a decent small unit hunter/line breaker with the +1 strength.

Solid mid to long range shooting army with a decent volume of fire.  Hordes might be an issue but between 28 attacks from the helbrutes and the daemon princes I can put a decent dent in each horde every turn. 

Not sure I'm sold on the scourge, Had to face Necrons tonight and the fist with a straight 3D per wound was crucial.

On the Dprince the extra attacks worked brilliantly again against a transcendent catan but I still flew from combat to go for an easier target.

One option I`m really liking the the idea of 5 EC terminators with dual lightning claws and the banner of excess. Give champion a powerfist and combi-melta or combi-flamer.  3 attacks each, re-roll wounds for lightning claws. Against imperial units (half the armies) this can get real nasty, real fast.

Also for added sting add a deepstriking sorcerer in terminator armor next to them to cast prescience (+1 to hit combos well with banner of excess and Death to the false emperor rule). Afterwards he can use warptime to help move them around the table faster. Once the terminators aren`t able to protect /bubble wrap him anymore (because of warptime) he can summon 10 daemonettes to put him in another bubble wrap.

Also liking the idea of two 5 man raptor squads (each armed with 2 plasma guns & champion with 2 plasma pistols) and a jump pack lord with combi-plasma deepstriking together and incinerating an elite enemy unit in one turn. The lord will hopefully help with gets hot rule. The raptor squads are 125 each.

Leth unfortunately Deredero Dreadnaughts can only either have  the Hellfire Veil or the Greater Havoc launcher not both otherwise it looks like a very fun list let us know how you go as it seems like will do good. Out of curiosity how are you modelling the Hellfire Veil????

Although I've a squad of EC termies built I've not been able to bring myself to use them this edition, I always go with bikes for some reason.

I'd dubious about the benefit an extra attack from a second claw would give over the combi bolters as well, having 4 shots at 12" is great and if you went all combi plas it could get very nasty.

Now the rules have changed to allow split fire, mixing weapons in a squad is a viable tactic. I'm really hoping for some noise terms at some point.

Leth I was looking at your list and it looks really fun.  I just wish I had some more Daemon Princes to try and run it.  This is my 2k list that I plan to be using for a pretty tough game against one of my friends.  Any thoughts on it fellow EC players?

1x Chaos Lord - Chainaxe + Plasma Pistol

1x Cultists 9 man squad w/ CCW - Used as a bubble around my leviathan dread to keep him safe from DS.  

2x bare 5 man noise marine squads w/ Sonic weapons in 2 Multi-Melta rhinos

3x Sonic Dreadnoughts - 1 Fist + Dual Sonic Blasters

1x Hellforged Leviathan - Dual Butcher Cannon Arrays

1x Hellforged Rapier Crew - C-Beam Cannon

1x Hellforged Scorpius

2x Hellblade w/ Lascannons.